Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Make-or-Break Year for Christian Ponder

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I thought last year was a make or break year for Ponder...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I don't think this year is either. I think even if he is bad this year, he will be given the opportunity to compete in the offseason. So next season would be a make or break year.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Who cares, he's never going to be a great starter in the league... that much is evident.

We have ourselves Jeff Garcia 2.0. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    I think the first half of this season is make or break for ponder. If he is under 50% the first 8 games I think we will see Mat given the starting job.

WWBGD

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    I for one have high doubts that Ponder is the future at the QB position with the Vikes. The fact of the matter is that the Vikings were so damn desperate for a franchise QB, that they drafted Ponder #12 overall when he was slated to go in the 2nd rd. They reached on T-Joke, and the reached on Ponder, and they haven't got consistent play out of either one of them.

Now the Vikings are my team, and I will support every player on this team. I sincerely hope that Ponder proves me wrong and lights it up this season, but again, I have my doubts for good reason just like most Viking fans do on him. It just seems that we are always missing something that holds this team back, and right now its a secondary on defense, and a QB on offense. Other than that, we are pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I thought last year was a make or break year for Ponder...
    Yep, that's what people were saying, even some here. Now that that has come & passed it's "2013 Is a Make-or-Break Year for Christian Ponder". Next year it will be "2014 Is a Make-or-Break Year for Christian Ponder" due to some other issue. My guess is he'll be here the full term of his rookie contract.

Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Now the Vikings are my team, and I will support every player on this team. I sincerely hope that Ponder proves me wrong and lights it up this season, but again, I have my doubts for good reason just like most Viking fans do on him. It just seems that we are always missing something that holds this team back, and right now its a secondary on defense, and a QB on offense. Other than that, we are pretty solid.
    Sometimes it doesn't seem like that, LOL!

I've been waiting for 30+ years, I am done waiting on this team. They are to inept to get anything right, that's why they have never won a SB in their existence.
    Train Wreck. Where do I fucking begin? The joke of a franchise just became a even bigger joke. We have no QB's on this roster that can lead a team to anything but the ground, and our so called "leader" Ponder is the biggest fucking pussy sorry ass excuse of a pro football player I have ever seen.

Look at Harrison Smith, he bangs up his knee which at first look like it could have been a ACL injury, and he is right back out there laying the wood on people. We need more players like that, not this pussy ass Christian Ponder.

So what did the last 4 weeks of the season do for us? All it did was pushed us back in the draft and not get as good of a player during this "youth" movement.

It also allowed AD to see what Barry Sanders felt like all those years in Detroit. A great talent stuck on a lousy fucking team. Pretty sad to continue supporting this team who has NEVER WON a SB, and probably never will in my lifetime. Now I have a dilemma on my hands, do I have my 1 year old son grow up to be a Viking fan and be let down year after year, decade after decade, or do I allow him to be a GB fan and actually have a shot at watching his team win a SB? At least being a GB fan here in GB, he won't get picked on.

No matter the names on the jersey, the name of the coaches, or the names of the owners, this team has always been consistent in doing 1 thing, CHOKING. This franchise in just cursed plain and simple. Should have let them move to LA, they sure as hell won't do a damn thing staying in Minnesota, except choke away every opportunity they are given.

Off Season check list,

Get a real QB or 2 in here.

Completely revamp the WR group. When they best WR with the most yards on your team hasn't played a game in many weeks, something is seriously wrong.

Get better CB's. AJ Jefferson, Sherels, and the rest of these posers doesn't work for this guy. How this team won 10 games and a playoff spot is baffling to say the least. Tonight, this team looked like the 3 win team of a year ago, and without AD, they would have been lucky to get 3 wins this year. This team is a fucking joke.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Are you guys kidding me?!?! Last year, aka the first year he had an offseason and his first full year as a starter, was his make-or-break year? You guys make me sick. Even Tarvaris got more time than this and I was fine with it, and Ponder has shown more than he ever did! Jesus H. Christ, I can't believe what I'm reading.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    I don't think anyone in the organization said last year was make or break for Ponder. That talk was among fans and talk show hosts. I still have faith that Ponder will become an excellent QB. That said, for me this year is the determining year. If he does not step it up this year, I will be joining all of you. I just hope for our organization that he does indeed come through. Hate to start over again.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast