Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512

    Major Changes " Part 2 "

    With all the Major changes going on with our Office Personel and Coaches, I can't wait for the second chapter to this story to begin..

    Chapter should be titled,

    "Should he stay or should he go now"

    With all these new coaches, and talk of the Tampa-2 D and talk of dominate O and D lines, and talk of West Coast Offense...

    I can't wait to see the next wave of changes to come, and that wave is going to deal with players coming and going..

    We may just end up with a totaly new look next year..

    I can see some of our Standout Vets remaining and same for our young upcoming stars..

    But the rest of the bunch better hold onto the seats and get ready of a crazy and very active off-season.......

    I think we are all in for a ride of a lifetime..... :grin:


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  2. #2
    Rastak's Avatar
    Rastak is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    148

    Re: Major Changes " Part 2 "

    "VikingNed" wrote:
    With all the Major changes going on with our Office Personel and Coaches, I can't wait for the second chapter to this story to begin..

    Chapter should be titled,

    "Should he stay or should he go now"

    With all these new coaches, and talk of the Tampa-2 D and talk of dominate O and D lines, and talk of West Coast Offense...

    I can't wait to see the next wave of changes to come, and that wave is going to deal with players coming and going..

    We may just end up with a totaly new look next year..

    I can see some of our Standout Vets remaining and same for our young upcoming stars..

    But the rest of the bunch better hold onto the seats and get ready of a crazy and very active off-season.......

    I think we are all in for a ride of a lifetime..... :grin:

    I agree, I didn't think anything could top last year where it seemed the Vikes signed a new guy every three days or so. With the new staff and ownership now this season could top even all that activity.

  3. #3
    collegeguyjeff's Avatar
    collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,304

    Re: Major Changes " Part 2 "

    yeah this free agency frenzy probably will be bigger than last year. who knows we might end up with 3 new linebackers, a safety, and special teams guys.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

  4. #4
    2beersTommy's Avatar
    2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,764

    Re: Major Changes " Part 2 "

    "VikingNed" wrote:
    With all the Major changes going on with our Office Personel and Coaches, I can't wait for the second chapter to this story to begin..

    Chapter should be titled,

    "Should he stay or should he go now"

    With all these new coaches, and talk of the Tampa-2 D and talk of dominate O and D lines, and talk of West Coast Offense...

    I can't wait to see the next wave of changes to come, and that wave is going to deal with players coming and going..

    We may just end up with a totaly new look next year..

    I can see some of our Standout Vets remaining and same for our young upcoming stars..

    But the rest of the bunch better hold onto the seats and get ready of a crazy and very active off-season.......

    I think we are all in for a ride of a lifetime..... :grin:
    hopefully...like a ride right into the SB !!

  5. #5
    VikesAllTheWay112642's Avatar
    VikesAllTheWay112642 is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    41

    Re: Major Changes " Part 2 "

    This is definitly getting me excited. I can't even sleep anymore because im so excited about next season. I hope we get some LB(Will Witerspoon), an OG(Steve Hutchinson), a SS(Tank Williams or Chris Hope) and a RB(LenDale White or Morney or Williams). The reason I say we need a SS is because Corey will be asking for a lot of money.

  6. #6
    Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    561

    Re: Major Changes " Part 2 "

    I got dis from Pro Football Weekly...
    =================================================

    Head coach Brad Childress quickly incorporated his own plan for the Vikings’ organization, hiring young coordinators Mike Tomlin (33) for offense and Darrell Bevell (36) for defense before rounding out his coaching staff in less than two weeks. Next for Childress, perhaps hand-in-hand with a personnel chief yet to be hired, is to develop and implement his blueprint for free agency and the draft. The Vikings, who readily spent much of their $33 million available under the cap at the start of the 2005 offseason, will have as much to invest as any other team this spring. Vice president Rob Brzezinski projects Minnesota will be $25 million under the salary cap for ’06. Childress and Tomlin indicated the LB corps would be a priority.
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

  7. #7
    SamDawg84 Guest

    Re: Major Changes " Part 2 "

    we should work on our linebackers and our line for free agents, and draft a running back

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    936

    Re: Major Changes " Part 2 "

    "VikesAllTheWay112642" wrote:
    This is definitly getting me excited. I can't even sleep anymore because im so excited about next season. I hope we get some LB(Will Witerspoon), an OG(Steve Hutchinson), a SS(Tank Williams or Chris Hope) and a RB(LenDale White or Morney or Williams). The reason I say we need a SS is because Corey will be asking for a lot of money.
    Yeah, Im getting really excited as well..We should definetly try to pick up Will Witherspoon...he dominated yesterday against da bears.. But I still say we go after a running back in FA. If we cant get one, lets go after williams or white int he draft...they can run between the tackles! :lol:

  9. #9
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Major Changes " Part 2 "

    "OldManVike" wrote:
    I got dis from Pro Football Weekly...
    =================================================

    Head coach Brad Childress quickly incorporated his own plan for the Vikings’ organization, hiring young coordinators Mike Tomlin (33) for offense and Darrell Bevell (36) for defense before rounding out his coaching staff in less than two weeks. Next for Childress, perhaps hand-in-hand with a personnel chief yet to be hired, is to develop and implement his blueprint for free agency and the draft. The Vikings, who readily spent much of their $33 million available under the cap at the start of the 2005 offseason, will have as much to invest as any other team this spring. Vice president Rob Brzezinski projects Minnesota will be $25 million under the salary cap for ’06. Childress and Tomlin indicated the LB corps would be a priority.
    :grin:

  10. #10
    Semperfi Vike is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    81

    Re: Major Changes " Part 2 "

    Hey Vikes all the way, I played HS ball with Steve Hutchinson. He is a hell of a player and I always wished he would have ended up on the Vikings. One only can dream, Seattle will never let him go, he will retire there. Steve is the kind of guy that will always stay commited to his team and loyal. You will never here his name when talking about some guy wanting more money, he plays for the love of the game, and he has that old style nasty streak, And let me tell ya I am only 5'6 175 and he can hit I know that first hand. One practice he hit me so hard on a run when he was pulling he turned my helmet side ways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. International Series 2009 - part fact/ part rumour
    By AngloVike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 05:23 PM
  2. major lineup decisions
    By happy camper in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-13-2006, 03:28 PM
  3. meanwhile in the major leagues
    By sdvikefan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 11:20 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •