Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Main Reason Vikings can't get over the hump?

Who's at fault for the Vikings falling apart year after year and not winning the Super Bowl?

Bad Coaching. Bad Players, Bad Ownership?

Norm Van Brocklin 1961-1967 29-51-4
    Bud Grant 1968-1983, 1985 151-87-5
    Les Steckel 1984 3-13
    Jerry Burns 1986-1991 52-43
    Dennis Green 1992-2001 97-62
    Mike Tice 2001-2005 32-33
    Brad Childress 2006- 36-28

26 playoff appearance

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Main Reason Vikings can't get over the hump?

I think it is a curse or something. Probably stems back to that bottle the ref took to the head back in the day. Things have not been right since.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Ownership.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

If we're speaking about this year perhaps it's that Favre is really done and by relying on him so much we are utilizing our best weapon AD not often enough. Perhaps if we went with TJ and kept the rock in AD's hands like his first yr. we would have better results. Run first pass off the run. Control the clock keep the other teams offense off the field. Maybe TJ could manage to make a couple of the throws he couldn't a couple of years ago. I must be drunk to come up with this theory. I give up for tonight..................

jrjohn is offline Pro-Bowler

thorshammer wrote:
    If we're speaking about this year perhaps it's that Favre is really done and by relying on him so much we are utilizing our best weapon AD not often enough. Perhaps if we went with TJ and kept the rock in AD's hands like his first yr. we would have better results. Run first pass off the run. Control the clock keep the other teams offense off the field. Maybe TJ could manage to make a couple of the throws he couldn't a couple of years ago. I must be drunk to come up with this theory. I give up for tonight..................
    Drunk or not, I agree totally
    None

Holzberg is offline Rookie

jrjohn wrote:
    thorshammer wrote:
    Drunk or not, I agree totally
    Yeah, it's always Brett's fault. Wait, what did Brett do last season. How great was all 3 phases last year.

HOW GREAT ARE ALL 3 PHASES THIS YEAR?

If Brett played Offense, Defense and ST, then you could blame him.

The fact that WR have been injured and not playing as well this year is a huge factor. Brett plays with his heart and he plays to win game in and game out. His competitiveness has been his downfall as well because he always tries to get those first downs. But, this is what also has made him so great.

Do you really think TJ would be able to withstand all the hits Brett took this year? If you do, you are fricken insane.

The Vikes can't get over the hump because of constant injuries as well as it just doesn't seem the team wants to win. The defense and special teams have been horrible.

They showed last week that they can be a great team, but for whatever reason this week it didn't seem like they had the fire they had in the last 4 minutes of the game last week. I put this on the coach, not just the head coach, but all coaches. They need to have their players confident and fired up BEFORE AND DURING the game.

Blaming one person on the team at this point isn't going to make a difference unless that one person has an affect on all 3 phases. Those people that understand know that it is Childress.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

BadlandsVikings wrote:
    Who's at fault for the Vikings falling apart year after year and not winning the Super Bowl?

Bad Coaching. Bad Players, Bad Ownership?

Norm Van Brocklin 1961-1967 29-51-4
    Bud Grant 1968-1983, 1985 151-87-5
    Les Steckel 1984 3-13
    Jerry Burns 1986-1991 52-43
    Dennis Green 1992-2001 97-62
    Mike Tice 2001-2005 32-33
    Brad Childress 2006- 36-28

26 playoff appearance
    its one of 3 or 4 things or possibly all 4

Team has no civic identity, they're named after a state but are part of 2 cities, the twin cities (seems to work with the Twins though but twins do have 2 personalities) No sure why things also didn't work better for Herschel Walker here with his multiple personalities but maybe because he was from Georgia and not the midwest.

Team colors are the same as the LA Lakers a team and once where the colors of the LA Kings, Vikings were suppose to go to LA decades ago with Van Brocklin driving them there but Bud arrived and messed up the move, League has been out to get the Vikings ever since then (that one is for the people that think the commish hates the Vikes, Ray Edwards)

Next would be the Viking curse.......apparently its working.

And the last thing would be lutefisk, the fowl odor of old school cod lutefisk is clinging to the team and needs to be band in North America (not really sure if this would help but think it should be given a try)

Brewtal is offline Starter

Really? It really isn't that difficult.

Childress is a complete fool. Enough said.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

thorshammer wrote:
    huh? Peterson is on pace for 350 carries, thats not exactly going away from the run game. On his 1700 yard season, he had 363, last season he had 314

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    thorshammer wrote:
    huh? Peterson is on pace for 350 carries, thats not exactly going away from the run game. On his 1700 yard season, he had 363, last season he had 314
    As far as today goes: If Rice, Harvin, and Berrian are out, Peterson has to have more than 17 carries. I don't think that's debatable.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast