Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Madieu Williams Sponsors Playground Build

"singersp" wrote:
    "GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    Hey hey, I was at this event.
    It was a lot of fun, and we got some great work done, but that's not the important part to all of you

Madieu was great, a really humble guy.
    He didn't seem at all pretentious or primadonna-like, if he hadn't been introduced at the beginning or the build i wouldn't have even known who he was.
    He worked hard and got dirty with the rest of the volunteers.
    He really is an amazingly high character guy, watching him interact with the kids was really heartwarming.
    To realize that this guy is worth 30 million dollars (or whatever his contract was) and he's spending his time benefiting the community really kind of blew my mind.
    I did get a chance to chat with him a little, told him I was a vikings fan and he said that he's sad to leave Cincinnati, but he's excited to be a part of the vikings.
    As I was leaving i told him i was looking forward to this season, and his response was, "you and me both brother."

Everybody there was really sad to see him go, I heard a lot of griping about the state of the bail-out bengals.
    I wasn't sad though, I was stoked.

I'll have some pictures soon, They're on my friends camera.
    You chatted with him & forgot to get a plug in for PP.O?
    Ah, I knew I was forgetting something... I must have been distracted my the thousands and thousands of yards of mulch we had to move by hand
    ;D That was the only bad thing, the KaBoom! people who provided the materials and planning etc had it mandated that it would be built entirely by hand.
    So there were 4 bobcats sitting there while we wheel barrowed mulch and cement all over the place
    :'(

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    It was a lot of fun, and we got some great work done, but that's not the important part to all of you

He didn't seem at all pretentious or primadonna-like, if he hadn't been introduced at the beginning or the build i wouldn't have even known who he was.
    He really is an amazingly high character guy, watching him interact with the kids was really heartwarming.
    To realize that this guy is worth 30 million dollars (or whatever his contract was) and he's spending his time benefiting the community really kind of blew my mind.
    I did get a chance to chat with him a little, told him I was a vikings fan and he said that he's sad to leave Cincinnati, but he's excited to be a part of the vikings.
    As I was leaving i told him i was looking forward to this season, and his response was, "you and me both brother."

Everybody there was really sad to see him go, I heard a lot of griping about the state of the bail-out bengals.

Ah, I knew I was forgetting something... I must have been distracted my the thousands and thousands of yards of mulch we had to move by hand
    ;D That was the only bad thing, the KaBoom! people who provided the materials and planning etc had it mandated that it would be built entirely by hand.
    So there were 4 bobcats sitting there while we wheel barrowed mulch and cement all over the place
    lol damn that sucks, i would have just jumped in that cat anyways...
    ;D

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

I always like to see this kind of stuff.
    A big time athlete who knows how good he has it and gives back, not just because of some team policy thing of community hours but because he wants to.
    Skol indeed, and hopefully the great power of PP.O will just draw magically draw him to the website.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:

thanks for the update/bavkground info gbs..... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12