Blog Entries

Madieu Williams practices on Thursday

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_10561884?nclick_check=1

Minnesota Vikings safety Madieu Williams awaits return from neck injury
    Williams practicing but might miss three more weeks with neck injury
    [size=8pt]By Rick Alonzo and Sean Jensen
    [email protected] [email protected]
    Article Last Updated: 09/26/2008 12:59:05 AM CDT[/size]

Veteran safety Madieu Williams made a significant first step as he prepares for his anticipated debut with the Vikings' defense.

Williams, sidelined because of a neck injury for the first three games, participated in practice Thursday, albeit on a limited basis.

Initial projections had Williams returning for Sunday's game against Tennessee, but the Vikings are expected to take a cautious approach, and he may be out for three more weeks.

I am glad that they are being cautious.
    I would rather that they take their time and bring him back when he is 100% instead of rushing him back in and getting him hurt again.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Madieu Williams practices on Thursday

I agree no need to rush him back because Tyrell is playing solid. I did alot or research on Madieu last night and I think he's really gonna bring some stability to our coverage issues in the secondary. The biggest Issue I see with Williams is the injury bug. After his rookie season Bengal fans thought he would be a regular pro bowl selection but after he returned from the shoulder surgery he wasn't hitting or tackling as well. Plus the Bengals whole defense was in shambles and its hard to make every tackle from the Safety position. Its many Bengal fans idea that he was trying to do too much when he got back. I think he's really gonna help us tremendously on the back end if he can stay healthy. Tyrell Johnson/Madieu Williams is a very likable tandem for the future. There both guys with CB talent in terms of speed, change of direction, just overall coverage skills but both tackle like Safeties.

duvaldomo is offline Coach

tyrell is playing alright so no need to rush him back. I wish he didnt give up that big play against GB though. other than that hes playing very good cover D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    I agree no need to rush him back because Tyrell is playing solid. I did alot or research on Madieu last night and I think he's really gonna bring some stability to our coverage issues in the secondary. The biggest Issue I see with Williams is the injury bug. After his rookie season Bengal fans thought he would be a regular pro bowl selection but after he returned from the shoulder surgery he wasn't hitting or tackling as well. Plus the Bengals whole defense was in shambles and its hard to make every tackle from the Safety position. Its many Bengal fans idea that he was trying to do too much when he got back. I think he's really gonna help us tremendously on the back end if he can stay healthy. Tyrell Johnson/Madieu Williams is a very likable tandem for the future. There both guys with CB talent in terms of speed, change of direction, just overall coverage skills but both tackle like Safeties.
    Ya see, this is the kindof stuff I miss when I am actually working at work and can't get logged on to see whats going on.

Excellent post my friend.
    I would move you up on the ole spread sheet but you are as high as you can go.
    ;D

As to M-Will.
    Would love to see him on the field this weekend, however, pick your spots.
    Bring him in for a couple of series and let him get back to game speed over the next couple of weeks.
    Rationale is that will ensure he isn't re-injured along with you gaurantee he and Sharp get accustomed to working with each other during real game situations.

By the way, a few gaffs, however, STJ has performed admirably.
    Can't wait for him to take over for a certain EX-Puker who loves to free lance and plays out of the scheme.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

I don't think we will see him until after the bye.
    He's got a long ways to go to get into football shape.
    I'm sure we won't truly get to see what he's all about until next season.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

I like our approach to getting guys healthy. In a couple weeks, after he's played a few series, a quarter or two and gets in football shape and the starting spot back, look for Tyrell to get more time on our special teams. This has been valuable time for the rookie, and he has played well. With M.W back we have a healthy team, with faith in our backups, and now Tyrell should get more reps on special teams, with his speed and tackling ability, he will help shore our kick and punt teams up.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I wish he was coming back right away

Get better tho buddy!

"PurpleTide" wrote:

[size=13pt]I like our approach to getting guys healthy[/size]. In a couple weeks, after he's played a few series, a quarter or two and gets in football shape and the starting spot back, look for Tyrell to get more time on our special teams. This has been valuable time for the rookie, and he has played well. With M.W back we have a healthy team, with faith in our backups, and now Tyrell should get more reps on special teams, with his speed and tackling ability, he will help shore our kick and punt teams up.
    A little bit has changed from the Erasmus James days huh?
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

Cant wait to get him back! ;D

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"PurpleTide" wrote:

I like our approach to getting guys healthy. In a couple weeks, after he's played a few series, a quarter or two and gets in football shape and the starting spot back, look for Tyrell to get more time on our special teams. This has been valuable time for the rookie, and he has played well. With M.W back we have a healthy team, with faith in our backups, and now Tyrell should get more reps on special teams, with his speed and tackling ability, he will help shore our kick and punt teams up.
    Let's jsut hope he doesn't gt hurt on special teams. ST are the most dangerous parts of the whole sport, me thinks. So many injuries and guys just flat out running at each other. wicked.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site