Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Madieu Williams out for atleast six weeks

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Well, i'm sure they'll do things differently next year, but as this is the first year things have been like that, coaches weren't sure what to do.
    If next year, practices are still light, with minimal hitting, then we have something to beeyatch about, but untill then, complaining won't fix anything.
    I'm sure hitting will happen more frequently now, since there's a number of guys who won't be participating, the other guys have to do more to make up for them.

Plus, most of these guys played football all their lives.
    Do you think over the summer they forget how to take a hit?

I blame the fumbles on inexperience, and well, Shiancoe....

Please don't take this the wrong way as this point is hard to make without sounding like an asssssss.

;D

Anyone who has played the game, no matter what level, knows that hitting and being hit is something that kindof has to be re-learned each year.
    Your body just doesn't remember the feeling of a helmet hitting you in the arm/ribs/legs.

Your brain doesn't tell your legs the best path to take to get to a runner.

Kindof have to re-learn/get used to that stuff again.

Its hard to describe but it has to be done to a certain degree.
    It appears that because of the 80 man limitation this year, teams are trying to take a few short cuts to ease some of the wear and tear.

My contention is that if you limit the hitting you will see teams at various stages of readiness when the year starts and they start hitting for real. The ones that got the mix right (hitting plus saving players) will be the ones that get off to fast starts.
    The ones that didn't will have alot of turnovers and a few players with dings.
    Uhh, you do know they play four preseason games and still had 3 full contact practices, more then enough time to get back into the groove.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Yfz01" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Well, i'm sure they'll do things differently next year, but as this is the first year things have been like that, coaches weren't sure what to do.
    If next year, practices are still light, with minimal hitting, then we have something to beeyatch about, but untill then, complaining won't fix anything.
    I'm sure hitting will happen more frequently now, since there's a number of guys who won't be participating, the other guys have to do more to make up for them.

Please don't take this the wrong way as this point is hard to make without sounding like an asssssss.

;D

Anyone who has played the game, no matter what level, knows that hitting and being hit is something that kindof has to be re-learned each year.
    Your body just doesn't remember the feeling of a helmet hitting you in the arm/ribs/legs.

It appears that because of the 80 man limitation this year, teams are trying to take a few short cuts to ease some of the wear and tear.

My contention is that if you limit the hitting you will see teams at various stages of readiness when the year starts and they start hitting for real. The ones that got the mix right (hitting plus saving players) will be the ones that get off to fast starts.
    Uhh, you do know they play four preseason games and still had 3 full contact practices, more then enough time to get back into the groove.
    Is it now.
    Are you really sure?

a.
    How long do the starters play in pre-season game one, two, three and four?

We already saw that.
    Not quite a half.

Probably gonna be a full half depending on what the drives look like.

Might see a full half again.

Won't see a starter on the field.

b.
    Seems to me that camp has now broke.
    No more practices to install basics.
    They will now start to focus on actual stuff for specific teams in support of the game plans.

With that said,......

Uhhhhh you do know that we looked like crap in almost all facets of the game against the Seachickens and that is directly related to the teams preparedness and that is directly related to how they practiced.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

This sucks that this guy is hurt. I wanted to see what he could do right away. Stupid injuries!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:

;D

Is it now.
    Are you really sure?

a.

We already saw that.
    Not quite a half.

b.

They will now start to focus on actual stuff for specific teams in support of the game plans.

With that said,......

Uhhhhh you do know that we looked like crap in almost all facets of the game against the Seachickens and that is directly related to the teams preparedness and that is directly related to how they practiced.
    Well said Marr....I too am concerned about the lack of hitting and such, though maybe the coaches made a decision about working more on fundamentals, and limiting contact.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    Well said Marr....I too am concerned about the lack of hitting and such, though maybe the coaches made a decision about working more on fundamentals, and limiting contact.
    Thanks my friend.
    Of course we are in the minority on this one, and rightly so.
    As it has been pointed out to me several times since getting on this soapbox.......

Gotta trust the coaches.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:

;D

Is it now.
    Are you really sure?

a.

We already saw that.
    Not quite a half.

b.

With that said,......

I think the "light" training camp is in response to how the team has performed in the first month of the last two seasons, last year especially.
    had we not started so slow last year we would have been a playoff team.
    It will be interesting to see if this was the correct approach or not.

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

"thepacksux" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=47003.msg819103#msg819103 date=1218639166]

;D

Is it now.
    Are you really sure?

a.

We already saw that.
    Not quite a half.

b.

With that said,......

I think the "light" training camp is in response to how the team has performed in the first month of the last two seasons, last year especially.
    had we not started so slow last year we would have been a playoff team.
    It will be interesting to see if this was the correct approach or not.
    [/quote]

That's what I was going to bring up next, how can it be a direct response to how we prepared?
    The Seachickens or w/e you call them are a good team and have a hell of a QB.
    I know that after two or three practices I get back into the hitting groove, granted that was only high school... It's not like our defense was destroyed the whole time either, the second drive was held to a field goal on a short field.
    I dont think we were prepared for the first drive but I think we would have clamped down pretty quickly.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    Thanks my friend.
    Of course we are in the minority on this one, and rightly so.
    As it has been pointed out to me several times since getting on this soapbox.......

Gotta trust the coaches.

;D
    As much as i would like to see more contact, it may or may not be the correct solution.
    If we knew what we were doing, we would be coaching in the NFL instead of trudging along in our current jobs waiting for the call to come in from some owner who felt we were next hot coaching prospect.

I want to see improvement week in and week out, I want us to be in games, and I feel we should do damage in the playoffs.
    It is up to the coaches we currently have to execute my vision

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567