Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Madieu Williams - Good in Purple

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    Ok, since a few of you have mentioned that you watch Bengals games fairly regularly, have any of you before this off-season really thought of medieu as a ball hawking safety?
    I really don't get that impression when I watch him... he seems like more of a physical, in the box type of guy to me, so I don't know where all these analysts are getting this ball-hawk stuff.
    I've mentioned this to a good friend of mine who is a huge williams fan (autographed 'gals jersey and everything) and he agrees with me.
    do any of you feel the same way?
    I feel sort of like one media personality said it, and nobody else really remembers how he plays and just went along with that guy... a similar situation to jackson- How many of these national media people denouncing him have even watched him play?
    I think he's an alaround player. Williams is more of a CB/S, even early on they felt he could play CB because he had good coverage skills and talent to do it. Personally I havn't seen him play, all I know is what I've heard from coaches and reports on the internet. Frazier is very big on him and didn't believe he would become a FA, once he did we spent alot of money on him and I'm hoping he's an all around player not just a solid run stuffing safety, if we wanted that we could have kept Greg Blue.

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    Ok, since a few of you have mentioned that you watch Bengals games fairly regularly, have any of you before this off-season really thought of medieu as a ball hawking safety?
    I really don't get that impression when I watch him... he seems like more of a physical, in the box type of guy to me, so I don't know where all these analysts are getting this ball-hawk stuff.
    I've mentioned this to a good friend of mine who is a huge williams fan (autographed 'gals jersey and everything) and he agrees with me.
    I feel sort of like one media personality said it, and nobody else really remembers how he plays and just went along with that guy... a similar situation to jackson- How many of these national media people denouncing him have even watched him play?
    I think he's an alaround player. Williams is more of a CB/S, even early on they felt he could play CB because he had good coverage skills and talent to do it. Personally I havn't seen him play, all I know is what I've heard from coaches and reports on the internet. Frazier is very big on him and didn't believe he would become a FA, once he did we spent alot of money on him and I'm hoping he's an all around player not just a solid run stuffing safety, if we wanted that we could have kept Greg Blue.
    from what i'm hearing.. he sounds more like a guy that can defend the pass, and tackle those who get to the secondary. if he played CB, and S-- it means he knows how to defend the pass.. which is what we needed to sure up- Pass Defense.
    i m better than you, so just give up...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

It's not all that different from when we got Winfield,Smoot,Tank Johnson or Doss. Our secondary has been pourous for many years and when we get a CB or Safety in FA they are supposed to solve all of our problems and MW won't do it by himself. Hopefully the combination of talent will come together and get it done.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Only video I have seen on him.

[youtube=425,350]hyHh7zJdL5I[/youtube]

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Nice hit.
    [youtube=425,350]v6Jfk4Nk9ac&NR[/youtube]

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"marstc09" wrote:
    Nice hit.
    [youtube=425,350]v6Jfk4Nk9ac&NR[/youtube]
    College is not the pros. Are there any videos of him out there from when he was a Bengal?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"marstc09" wrote:
    Only video I have seen on him.

[youtube=425,350]hyHh7zJdL5I[/youtube]
    Was that Burleson that got burned?

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

LOL!
    Nice point.
    People do tend to make big assumptions this time of the year don't they?

Well, obviously, he's not afraid to tackle.
    103 last year alone...then again, there was plenty of oppurtunity for a S to make a tackle in CIN last year, eh?
    He also has at least 7 passes defensed each year he played in all games (he only played in 4 in 2005).
    In 2006 he batted down 10.
    Only 9 INTs over his 49 games, but some of those I'm pretty sure he only played STs in, and well, a Safety's INTs will go up if the guys in front of him are getting their jobs done too.

That's some serious hardcore you've got in your sig.
    Very Nice.
    You guys get out to CO?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12