Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Made in Heaven my A$$!

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    Im glad we play at indeanapolis, That way I can go! Not all that far of a drive... either there or Philly, and i dont want to be the purple fish in a sea of green, Ill get eaten, so byebye colts
    I'm gonna try to make a roadtrip to indy too!

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

Made in Heaven my A$$!

if the games are nationally televised like they are thats awesome im glad although i do like listening to pa on the computer
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

Made in Heaven my A$$!

I think I'm in the minority, but playing the pack on Christmas eve, sucks..should have beenon the sunday after christmas.

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

Made in Heaven my A$$!

I think I'm in the minority, but playing the pack on Christmas eve, sucks..should have beenon the sunday after christmas.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Made in Heaven my A$$!

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    You guys got a tough schedule. We didn't get a lot of favors either. Got Carolina and Indy in the first three weeks, so you may be prime for a hot start and early lead in the division if you play your cards right and reduce your DUIs.
    LIKe they say, its now how you start, but how you finish the season. Big difference.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Made in Heaven my A$$!

Well we all keep saying how the Vikes will be stepping it up this year, here's a good chance to prove it. Did anyone really expect any favours from the League office?
    nope we're not classed as the golden boys like some franchises are but whatever.... we'll make sure that they can't miss us this season
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Made in Heaven my A$$!

Viking update had a god article showing some of the downside to this schedule. The travel times for the night games may bite us in the endzone, but I won't worry about that until we see how good some teams are really going to be! Remember SOS is based on LAST YEARS performance. Main thing I dislike is such an early Bye week. I prefer that later for a closer to mid-season break.
    The truth? You can t handle the truth!!

Mossville is offline Starter

Re: Made in Heaven my A$$!

"LAVike" wrote:
    Red McCheap: "I think this schedule was made in Heaven!"

I don't know what you guys think, but I'm not too crazy with the new schedule. Yes, yes . . . 5 nationally televised games are great, but let's look at what stinks. BOTH Monday night games are on the road (which means the team loses 1 day of preparation twice). It gets worse against the Slackers. The Vikes have to travel to Indianapolis for the Monday night game, then travel to Green Bay to face the Pack (who have two weeks of rest and prep because of their bye week). The Christmas Eve matchup has the Vikes coming off a road (win) over the Lions only to face the Pack at home (again with a shortened practice week) on Friday. I think the Vikes will still blow everybody out, but come on, give the guys a break! I guess victories this year will be that much sweeter because the Vikes had to work harder. I'll take the MNF games, but damn if it wasn't a Packer who made the schedule! Your thoughts . . .
    Did you get your ideas from Viking Update? Sure sounds like it. Whocares, when we play who, the fact is we have 5 nationally televised games and these games are when Moss pulls out all the stops.

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Made in Heaven my A$$!

I didn't get my IDEAS from VU, I simply agreed with what was written and reiterated the important points to facilitate a discussion. Got it?
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Made in Heaven my A$$!

I've got to agree with the post starter, and I thought this way before I saw the VU article. What in heck was the NFL thinking by sending the Vikes on a tough MNF game on the road, followed by a road game against their chief rival who is coming off their bye week? It's almost as if they want to guarantee a Packer win!

I'm not thrilled about the Christmas Eve game either, but in theory it should be a bigger disadvantage to the Packers than the Vikings. As an out-of-state season ticket holder, there's just no way I can make the Christmas Eve game. I guess this year's Packer tickets will be heading to eBay.

On the bright side, the Packers schedule isn't that easy either. They will have four short weeks this season, three of which end in road games (DET, PHI, MIN). The MNF game at home vs the Rams, followed by a road game against the Eagles, will be particularly challenging.

I'm looking forward to the season opener against the Cowboys, but the way the rest of the home schedule plays out doesn't get me too excited in regard to other games I might personally attend. I might actually go on the road to see them play the Saints in October (mesh it in with vacation).
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast