Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M. McMahon

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: M. McMahon

Childress is supposed to be the quarterback guru . . . maybe some of his influence will rub of on McMahon. Although the thought of grooming two quarterbacks does not make me sleep easier.
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

MightyVikes12391 is offline Pro-Bowler

Who cares hes not gonna play

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I haven't seen him play, so I'll reserve my judgement. But he's got to be better than J.T. O'Sullivan.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

We could have a worse back-up QB than McMahon. I'm OK with the guy. He's a competitor. He's never really been given much of a fair shot at winning in the NFL. With both the Lions and the Eagles, he was never given anything more than clean-up duty for teams on the decline in come from behind games and losing seasons.

One memory I have of him was when, in his rookie season with the Lions on Thanksgiving Day back in 2001, McMahon managed a 14-point comeback bid in the game's final moments (after coming in on clean-up duty for Charlie Batch who sucked it big time as usual) nearly beating the Packers, but the Lions missed a two-point conversion in the last seconds. McMahon has the ability. He's just never been given a fair shot with a supporting cast that could help him win. So, if Brad goes down, I'm confident enough in him to get the job done and I think Coach Childress agrees.
    Even babies know the difference.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Personally, I have the kid play in a few games and I liked him. We was not brilliant or anything like that. I liked the energy he brought to the field. He did have a crappy team too, so do not be so quick to judge him on that.

I think that if he ever stepped under center for us he would be ok.

norseforce is offline Rookie

he's a good backup,for sure better than couch. mcmahon can at least move around when in trouble and doesn't make stupid mistakes, BRAD will help him out. on a different note.I cant wait till the VIKINGS move to CALI. so I can get season tickets

Vrehna is offline Rookie

McMahon still has time to prove that he can stand behind center. Especially in the West Coast offense where we are going to be going for the YAC, rather than the deep ball. With this O-line and our receiving core (FB, RB, TE Included), he could have a good year if Brad goes down *knock on wood*

I'm not too upset about this pick up. T. Jackson is not going to be ready this year to play, and most likely not next year either. Brad is our guy. If he goes down MM will definetely play before Jackson.

howkings is offline Rookie

I'm not very confident in McMahon. He didn't exactly light up the scoreboard when McNabb was hurt last year. I know he knows Childress's offense but I think I would feel better with someone like Couch who has more starting experience.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I agree howkings. I just hope that BJ stays healthy all year.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

I personally think that if we are not horribly terrible next year (knock on wood) and we do not have a chance to get Brady Quinn, I think TJ should be out #2 QB and when BJ retires, he should be our starter

Thank you Josdin for the sig

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast