Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Del Rio Guest

Re: Lurtsema's Reaction: Culpepper and Hutchinson

"Benet" wrote:
    Something Lurtsema said there really rang true with me:

"You’d be surprised how much better their defensive linemen will be, especially their ends, when you give us some better coverage backs."

I think that makes a LOT of sense, and when Smoot play to his abilities alongside Winfield, the D-Line will get more time to hit the QB. However, I don't think Brian Williams is worth $10 million guaranteed, fair play to him to get that deal from the Jaguars, but I wouldn't pay that much for him.

Great Q&A.
    I wish we wouldn't have paid Smoot 10 million either. If I use that a barometer for myself then I think Brian Williams got underpaid. lol

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I wish we wouldn't have paid Smoot 10 million either. If I use that a barometer for myself then I think Brian Williams got underpaid. lol
    Lol!

I think Smoot can turn it around. I think being in a new town, a new environment, and a new defense, all of these changes AND getting injured all accumulated to put him at a disadvantage and conspired to make him have a poor season. Now he's adjusted to living in Minnesota, and now that he won't be spending his time off organising boat party's, I reckon he'll be the "Shut Down Corner" that he was touted to be when he first arrived.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "DCPologirl" wrote:
    BL: Well, you lost Corey Chavous and Brian Williams, and I don’t know how deep the defensive backs were. The thing with Fred Smoot right now, all I’ve heard is a lot of talk. I am not a big fan. Some players are talkers, and he might have all the potential in the world, but he’s not backing up his talk. I don’t mind people having fun as long as they can back it up.

I love it! That's how I feel about Fred Smoot.

Yeah, I agree DC.. Smoot talked alot of Smack last season and didn't back it up. I have given Smoot some slack for that though. He came from a very good defense with Washington, then comes here with Cottrell as the leader. Cottrell has the ability to take great defensive backs, and totally take them out of their element. That is what I am thinking happened to Smoot. Smoot has always been very good, and I think with this new system, and his offseason dedication, I think he will be great again..
    Well that's a very very good point. We will see this season..I pray he proves me wrong. He was a GREAT player in DC I just don't like his attitude. And I will never forget how Steve Smith embarassed him LOL

lol. Yeah he for sure got embarassed by Steve Smith, but I am not going to base it on that. Lets face it, Steve Smith pretty much embarasses everyone that covers him..

ThaSuperFreak33 is offline Pro-Bowler

Smoot will be back to a good CB. Just not against Steve Smith.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12