Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ndakvikefan is offline Starter

Low down on our new PK

I think the reason more kickers are not drafted is because of the differance from college to the NFL. The balls are different in the NFL and it seems that they cannot be kicked as far as in college. Think about it, I realize that the college kickers are 5 yards closer than the pros, but how many college kickers do you see put the ball in the end zone or completely out of it, all of them it seems. So if they can kick the ball consistantly into the end zone then shouldnt every NFL team have a kicker that can at least kick it to the goal line at least? I may be wrong but if I am then where do all of these college kickers end up?
    It is much better plan to wait and see if a proven veteran gets cut and then sign them. There is no doubt we need a new kicker, Elling just cannot cut it. How many touchbacks did he have last year 2 maybe that just will not get it done.
    8f72d7a2bfbfd6a931c3ea8edbece812

tlk23 is offline Pro-Bowler

Low down on our new PK

I was really disappointed that The Vikings didn't get Nate Kaeding from Iowa. I was pi$$ed when the Chargers picked him. He would have probably had the kicking job for the next 10 years.

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

Low down on our new PK

I heard ellings had a great offseason... stregthened his leg... coaches say he's improving... sorry I don't have a source. Don't remember where i heard it.

Low down on our new PK

"briboy75" wrote:
    I heard ellings had a great offseason... stregthened his leg... coaches say he's improving... sorry I don't have a source. Don't remember where i heard it.
    I remember something like that, too. Only I think they were talking about Eddie Johnson.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12