Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41
  1. #21
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219

    Re: Low block fires up Allen - Allen thought season was over

    "Ranger" wrote:
    Strangely enough, I've been reading a lot of articles that claim Allen was either playing up to the cameras, deserving of the cheap shot, or both.

    Pretty interesting, and it's made me immediately hate the guys who wrote that shit.
    I'd like to see the links as to where writers claimed, "He deserved it".

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #22
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Low block fires up Allen - Allen thought season was over

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    Strangely enough, I've been reading a lot of articles that claim Allen was either playing up to the cameras, deserving of the cheap shot, or both.

    Pretty interesting, and it's made me immediately hate the guys who wrote that pooh.
    I'd like to see the links as to where writers claimed, "He deserved it".
    Just go to PFT.com.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #23
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Low block fires up Allen - Allen thought season was over

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    Strangely enough, I've been reading a lot of articles that claim Allen was either playing up to the cameras, deserving of the cheap shot, or both.

    Pretty interesting, and it's made me immediately hate the guys who wrote that pooh.
    I'd like to see the links as to where writers claimed, "He deserved it".
    Steve Young blatantly said it on ESPN.

    Just go to PFT.com.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  4. #24
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Low block fires up Allen - Allen thought season was over

    "V" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    Strangely enough, I've been reading a lot of articles that claim Allen was either playing up to the cameras, deserving of the cheap shot, or both.

    Pretty interesting, and it's made me immediately hate the guys who wrote that pooh.
    I'd like to see the links as to where writers claimed, "He deserved it".
    Steve Young blatantly said it on ESPN.

    Just go to PFT.com.
    Steve Young is an idiot anyway.
    Whatever analyst, broadcaster would have the nerve to say anyone deserves to be hit below the knees should be fired on the spot.
    Most of them, being former players know what it is like to begin with and have no business broadcasting this to kids growing up.
    Really makes for a good role model to teach kids that cheap shots are okay.

  5. #25
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Low block fires up Allen - Allen thought season was over

    I am not sure if I could hate Steve young more even if he played for the Cowboys. He has always been a dickhead and he was still never half the QB Montana was.

  6. #26
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Low block fires up Allen - Allen thought season was over

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    Strangely enough, I've been reading a lot of articles that claim Allen was either playing up to the cameras, deserving of the cheap shot, or both.

    Pretty interesting, and it's made me immediately hate the guys who wrote that pooh.
    I'd like to see the links as to where writers claimed, "He deserved it".
    Steve Young blatantly said it on ESPN.

    Just go to PFT.com.
    Steve Young is an idiot anyway.
    Whatever analyst, broadcaster would have the nerve to say anyone deserves to be hit below the knees should be fired on the spot.
    Most of them, being former players know what it is like to begin with and have no business broadcasting this to kids growing up.
    Really makes for a good role model to teach kids that cheap shots are okay.
    Well, thats a bit excessive.

    Simply saying that Allen has delivered some cheap shots in the past is well, arguably the truth. That, and karma is a bitch. For Allen to get angry over an injury when he himself has injured someone is a bit hypocritical.

    Cherilus' hit wasn't intended to be a cheap shot. He put a lazy block on a DE's knees. Stupid yes, but not done with malice. Allen's hits have been in the same grey area.

    That being said, a past QB is going to side with QBs. I understand where he coming from. He certainly isn't teaching kids in anyway that cheap shots are ok.

    In the end, I really don't think anyone, except Goodell, has been in the wrong.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  7. #27
    Big C is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    828

    Re: Low block fires up Allen - Allen thought season was over

    I agree that this hit was in the same gray area as Allen's hits on Schaub.

    However, there was some prick on ESPN.com that said Allen was just showboating by showing off anger playing the rest of the came. He claimed that Allen was playing to the cameras and needs to tone it down. What a prick. I refuse to go to ESPN.com from now onwards.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

  8. #28
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Low block fires up Allen - Allen thought season was over

    "Big" wrote:
    I agree that this hit was in the same gray area as Allen's hits on Schaub.

    However, there was some prick on ESPN.com that said Allen was just showboating by showing off anger playing the rest of the came. He claimed that Allen was playing to the cameras and needs to tone it down. What a prick. I refuse to go to ESPN.com from now onwards.
    Listen a hit is a hit.
    I'm not saying the hits Allen did weren't in the same area.
    I'm not even saying an analyst or broadcaster can't comment on it.
    What I am saying is the analysts and the broadcasters need to be professional about it.
    Saying someone deserves it is ridiculous and it should be addresses by the higher ups.
    I never commented on Allen's reaction.
    That is a totally different topic.

  9. #29
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Low block fires up Allen - Allen thought season was over

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Big" wrote:
    I agree that this hit was in the same gray area as Allen's hits on Schaub.

    However, there was some prick on ESPN.com that said Allen was just showboating by showing off anger playing the rest of the came. He claimed that Allen was playing to the cameras and needs to tone it down. What a prick. I refuse to go to ESPN.com from now onwards.
    Listen a hit is a hit.
    I'm not saying the hits Allen did weren't in the same area.
    I'm not even saying an analyst or broadcaster can't comment on it.
    What I am saying is the analysts and the broadcasters need to be professional about it.
    Saying someone deserves it is ridiculous and it should be addresses by the higher ups.
    I never commented on Allen's reaction.
    That is a totally different topic.
    Nope, a hit on a quarterback and a hit on a non-quarterback is viewed by the league as two totally different things.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  10. #30
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Low block fires up Allen - Allen thought season was over

    "V" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Big" wrote:
    I agree that this hit was in the same gray area as Allen's hits on Schaub.

    However, there was some prick on ESPN.com that said Allen was just showboating by showing off anger playing the rest of the came. He claimed that Allen was playing to the cameras and needs to tone it down. What a prick. I refuse to go to ESPN.com from now onwards.
    Listen a hit is a hit.
    I'm not saying the hits Allen did weren't in the same area.
    I'm not even saying an analyst or broadcaster can't comment on it.
    What I am saying is the analysts and the broadcasters need to be professional about it.
    Saying someone deserves it is ridiculous and it should be addresses by the higher ups.
    I never commented on Allen's reaction.
    That is a totally different topic.
    Nope, a hit on a quarterback and a hit on a non-quarterback is viewed by the league as two totally different things.
    That statement may be true but those of us that played football know a hit is a hit from anyone to anyone.
    Cheap shots can be done on anyone by anyone.
    Yes the league protects the QB more than other players but it doesn't mean they are correct.
    Jared Allen was fined for jumping on a pile.
    I don't remember for sure but I am almost positive that wasn't a hit on a QB.
    Yet he was fined for it.
    I know the difference is Allen's was late however it proves my point that a hit can happen to anyone.

    Bottom line is analysts and broadcasters need to be more professional about it and saying anyone deserves it is assinine.
    No one deserves it whether it is Allen, a QB, a LB, an OL, DL, DB, S, FS, RB, FB, WR, ST or a Kicker.
    If I missed anyone they can be included too.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-31-2010, 07:53 PM
  2. Jared Allen enjoying a stellar season
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 07:48 AM
  3. Jared Allen 2008 Season Highlights
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 08:38 PM
  4. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 07:34 AM
  5. How many sacks will Allen have this season?
    By vikingivan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 01:25 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •