Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: When Allen goes down, the Vikings rise up

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I wonder why they weren't fired up to begin with....... : : : :

Would we have lost if Gosder didn't hit him?
    We were plenty fired up for that game, that just energized us and refocussed it down the stretch giving us energy and focus while the Lions wore down. 8)

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"PurpleTide" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

We were plenty fired up for that game, that just energized us and refocussed it down the stretch giving us energy and focus while the Lions wore down. 8)
    OK, different words, same question.....

Why weren't we energized or focussed?
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    On the topic of being fired up, If you go to Kfan they probably have a replay of the interview that Berrian did with P.A. and he stated that the players started out flat. In fact he said Bobby Wade was telling him something to the effect that it was hard to get motivated for the game.

That to me is troubling. I would think the thought of carting groceries as an alternative career would be enough to motivate Bobby but maybe not. But anyway I believe he said that he said the whole offense came out flat but then picked up tempo as the game went on.
    Thanks my friend.

Wonder why......Coaching?
    Knowledge the QB wasn't gonna get it right?
    Let down from the last win/game?

Coaching?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    On the topic of being fired up, If you go to Kfan they probably have a replay of the interview that Berrian did with P.A. and he stated that the players started out flat. In fact he said Bobby Wade was telling him something to the effect that it was hard to get motivated for the game.

That to me is troubling. I would think the thought of carting groceries as an alternative career would be enough to motivate Bobby but maybe not. But anyway I believe he said that he said the whole offense came out flat but then picked up tempo as the game went on.
    Thanks my friend.

Coaching?
    I think it was in context of the fact the crowd was going to be quiet in Detroit and he was not motivated by it.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:
    It's the Lions. They haven't won a game. Their atmosphere is horrible with no one in that stadium. As much as we like to candy coat it and believe in a perfect world that players are equally motivated in every game, I can totally understand why they came out flat. The team rallied when it became clear that we could easily lose the game. It doesn't matter any more though. We don't have any easy game left on the schedule.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

Thanks my friend.

Coaching?
    Umm, media wise it was a pretty rocky week, with the Williamses being suspended, then reinstated, spending two days of practice in court. That is a pretty big distraction when captains, star players, and vocal leaders are missing, not to mention all the interviews in the media.

Although you try to pry, I don't think you need to look any further than that.

Seemed to me that Chilly got their heads on straight and got the win.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:
    It's the Lions. They haven't won a game. Their atmosphere is horrible with no one in that stadium. As much as we like to candy coat it and believe in a perfect world that players are equally motivated in every game, I can totally understand why they came out flat. The team rallied when it became clear that we could easily lose the game. It doesn't matter any more though. We don't have any easy game left on the schedule.
    I hear ya my friend, however, they are professional football players who get paid to play a game.

They better not need to rely on a low blow to get themselves up for a game of that nature.

Some of us on here were calling that game a trap game all week.
    If a few yutzs like me saw it coming, I would think that the pro's (coaches/players) would have seen the same.
    Just saying.....

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Low block fires up Allen - Allen thought season was over

[size=12pt]Allen thought season was over[/size]

The Vikings defensive end was worried that the hit to his knee was going to put him out for the year.

By CHIP SCOGGINS and JUDD ZULGAD, Star Tribune

Last update: December 9, 2008 - 12:24 PM

Vikings defensive end Jared Allen said in a radio interview Monday that he thought his season was over when he took a shot to the left knee in the second quarter a 20-16 victory against the Detroit Lions...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Ranger is offline Coach

Strangely enough, I've been reading a lot of articles that claim Allen was either playing up to the cameras, deserving of the cheap shot, or both.

Pretty interesting, and it's made me immediately hate the guys who wrote that shit.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Every analysist I've listened to said he had it coming. What a bunch of BS. He plays hard and unlike the hit on his knee he never deliberately tried to hurt anyone. From Phil Simms to Souhan to anyone who said he deserved it, you can go to HE&% bastages. >

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast