Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lousy Review

Lousy Review

http://www.covers.com/includes/articles.aspx?theArt=26914&tid=17&t=2

Has anyone else read this Vikings review that is on our site? It is from Covers.com, they say we cannot win 9 games and that besides our superstars, we have no substance or character. You can tell this guy pretty much hates the Vikes.
    Seriously, we won 9 games last season, and we've added a lot of talent on our D as well as offense, so how is it so unlikely for us to win at least 9 games again?
    I just hate these writers and analysts who consistently pick the Vikes to do poorly, it's like they don't want to make any bold predictions so they just play it safe.
    On the upside, this is the only article I've read that has our Vikes doing poorly. Good thing it's from some no-name like Covers.com. Let me know what you guys think.[/url]
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

Lousy Review

Hey Neo you probably have the same sit that I do. Here in Vegas everyone hates the Vikes but when the Veikes are on a roll they're all fans. That douche that wrote that column sounds the smae way. Besides I like it like that it let's you konw who the real fans are and let's belittle those fake ass posers
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Lousy Review

It's definately on the pessimistic side, but most uneducated people who predict a season look at one thing: last season. Think how many times you hear the predicted Super Bowl champion is the same team that won it the year before. Y'all had 9 wins last season, casual journalists will look at that and say...yup! Again!

Without sounding like a Packer homer, I like to see someone predicting against the Vikings a little bit. I don't think you really want to go in with the media all kissing your @rse. It's added pressure you probably don't want.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

Lousy Review

good point los, are you sure you're really a packer fan? J/K
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

SUPAFREAK84MVP is offline Waterboy

Lousy Review

YEAH THAT ANYLIST IS JUST ANOTHER RANDY MOSS HATER. tHE VIKINGS HAVE TO MUCH TALENT AND DETERMINATION TO NOT GO FAR IN THE PLAYOOFS AND POSSIBLY WIN THE SB. THAT REPORTER PROABABLY DOESNT LIKE THE TRAIL BLAZERS THAT MUCH EITHER.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Lousy Review

"SUPAFREAK84MVP" wrote:
    YEAH THAT ANYLIST IS JUST ANOTHER RANDY MOSS HATER. tHE VIKINGS HAVE TO MUCH TALENT AND DETERMINATION TO NOT GO FAR IN THE PLAYOOFS AND POSSIBLY WIN THE SB. THAT REPORTER PROABABLY DOESNT LIKE THE TRAIL BLAZERS THAT MUCH EITHER.
    no comment...

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Lousy Review

Keep in mind that Covers.com is a gambling related site. They care about stuff like how often the Vikings cover the spread. Even when they are winning, the Vikings haven't been real reliable to the gambling public as far as winning as a home favorite (and covering the spread), etc. Reports like this have a certain amount of bias to them because of the Vikings failures from a wagering perspective moreso than a wins & losses perspective.

And despite the purple-colored glasses most of us have on around here, a lot of the NFL public remembers 5-11 in 2001, 6-10 in 2002, and finishing 2003 3-7. I would argue that on paper, the Vikings schedule looks MUCH tougher this year than last. Of course, we have hindsight from last year....who thought that the Giants, Falcons, Raiders, and 49ers would be as bad as they turned out to be? And of course, we lost two of those games and lost to horrible teams in the Chargers and Cardinals. While I think the Vikings will finish with at least 10 wins, we still play seven games against playoff teams from last year, and many of the "weak sisters" (Chicago, Detroit, Washington, Jacksonville, Houston) are predicted to be better this year than they were last year. If the Vikings don't play to their "potential", eight losses this year might not be that hard to fathom.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Lousy Review

"SUPAFREAK84MVP" wrote:
    Huh? :binky:
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

Lousy Review

Just watch, once we have won 13 games this year and have home field through out the playoffs this dick will be claiming that he predicted us from the start and that by far we are the most powerful team!
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

Lousy Review

I am in the same boat as the Pack lover Los. I dont mind some people not picking us, the predictions dont matter either way, but some of the statements he made were out of touck with reality but oh well, it is up to the team to prove him wrong.
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast