Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Lots of good WRs in the draft

He is a smaller version of Harvin. Why would we want to draft a WR who is only 5'8 if we Need a guy who can go up and catch the ball? Or are we going with Webb and bringing back McNabb where a guy who is closer to the dirt is actually a good thing.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I already don't want Austin. Let your play talk for you kid.
    He just ran a 4.25 40

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Lots of good WRs in the draft

Lot of fast WR's in this draft.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni
    I would like to find a gem on the defensive side of the ball with the first pick since the WR pool is so deep this year. May pay off better in the long run.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimal93 View Post
    I would like to find a gem on the defensive side of the ball with the first pick since the WR pool is so deep this year. May pay off better in the long run.
    Agreed. Reid and or Patterson the DT

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    He is a smaller version of Harvin. Why would we want to draft a WR who is only 5'8 if we Need a guy who can go up and catch the ball? Or are we going with Webb and bringing back McNabb where a guy who is closer to the dirt is actually a good thing.
    LOL! You guys so funny!!! But I agree with Marshallvike, kid sounds a bit like a Percy/DeSean Jackson, Napolean Syndrome type of headache...and at only 175 lbs, very likely even more injury prone besides. But, a hell of a talent when he is on the field.

This might be a great year to move back a bit, perhaps to the top of the 2nd with a team who thinks somebody else is going to snag the QB they want but didn't pick earlier and stock pile some extra 2nd and 3rd round picks, cuz our positions of need are mostly deep in this class.

For example, ARI could be worried about who KC and JAX are looking for at the top of the 2nd, their 2nd and 3rd together are worth very close to our 1st. They could get a badass OT with their 7 overall pick and still have pick of the litter at QB at 23. We would then have the 6th pick of the 2nd and 7th pick of the 3rd to go with our own, giving us 2 picks, 1 early and 1 mid-late in the 2nd, 3rd, And 4th rounds. That would give us a chance to pick, say, a DT, LB, DB, 2 WRs, and some QB or OL depth, and all by the 117th pick!?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimal93 View Post
    The WR pool might be deep, but I'd prefer to have one of the top picks out of that pool rather than a pick from what's left over at pick 52.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12