Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    I don't see how any can say the Packers did better than the Vikings.
    I think the Packers lost just as much in Jennings and Woodson, so that's a wash.
    In free agency the Vikings got Greg Jennings. So that's a win for the Vikings.
    In the draft it really wasn't even close. The Vikings had what on paper appears to be one of the best drafts in recent memory.
    +1

And what did the Lions and Bears do that was any better than what the Vikings did? IMHO (In my homer opinion) we had by far the best off season of any Norris division team.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicNed View Post
    And what season might that be? i may be wrong, but i don't count sitting out of a game with a headache a full season of play. i don't remember one season that Harvin Started and played every regular season game. Again, maybe i'm wrong......?????
    the 2011 season everyone wants to forget he appeared in all 16 games

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Losing Harvin, Winfield can't be good

Was that the season we went 3-13?

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Was that the season we went 3-13?
    Good point. Pretty much sums up Harvin. One of the greatest individual players in the NFL, not in the top 100 for greatest team players in the NFL.

mountainviking is online now Team Alumni
    Obviously, Williamson must be a cheese-lover and a Viking hater. Every NFC North team lost starters, yet he only rips us for our 2. The Lions lost 3 OL, the Pack lost a no.1 WR in his prime and an aging CB similar to the one we did, and the Bears definitely got younger at LB, but most likely, not better in year one of 2 rookie starters. Duh!

Oh, and by the way, that no.1 WR in his prime signed with their rival Vikings! And beyond his on field contributions, that insight could provide a slight advantage when we're preparing to face the pack this season, and already sounds to be paying dividends in the development of our young guys.

We fans never like to lose our favorite players, but unfortunately, it was time for those 2 to go. Winny was great, but at 35 was also slowing down, and really, never did have the size to knock properly placed jump-balls away from the giant WRs in our division, like Megatron, Marshall, and Nelson. Sure, Harvin is still young, and extremely versatile and dangerous on the field...but, he is also extremely volatile and potentially dangerous off the field. I won't call him a cancer, but he definitely did not fit with the rest of this team's, blue-collar, team-first mentality, and, more importantly, his style of play is going to be more likely to cost him games in the future as we all don't heal as fast as we used to once the years pile up. All things considered, I like what we got from Harvin already, and we still have that 3rd round pick next year to go...
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12