Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Matt Williamson is one of the main NFL personnel analysts for ESPN. He worked in personnel and as a scout in the NFL. A few days ago, Williamson graded the offsesason work of NFC teams and he put the Vikings below their three rivals in the North division.
    Here's the link to that article;

Williamson: NFC North offseason grades - NFC North Blog - ESPN

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    i'll comment at mid way in the season. But we replaced them with cp and Rhodes......I think we will be fine. Never got a full season out of PH and Winfields cover skills where going down hill, great against the run but not as complete as he used to be.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Quote Originally Posted by NordicNed View Post
    Never got a full season out of PH
    Another false statement many people believe.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Another false statement many people believe.
    Yes he play 16 games in one season once

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    I love how the two of them play, but let's be real here! Losing a 35-year old who plays the position that demands the most quickness than any other position and getting rid off the biggest cancer on the team who never can complete a whole season in exchange for good draft picks doesn't sound that awful to me.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    If Seattle continues to use Harvin like MN did (which I think they will), I would expect to see him to continue to fight injuries.

To be fair, he has only missed 10 games in his 4 year career, but he has been beaten up pretty bad. Between his migraines and various other injuries (shoulder, hip, ankles, hamstring, ribs, finger) it seemed like he was always listed on the injury list. He also missed a lot of practices. I realize that everyone gets beat up in football and Harvin is a tough kid that is capable of playing through pain if he wants. But, I would say he gets dinged up more than most and his style of play will continue to stress his body. What makes him good, makes him vulnerable.

Unless he changes his style of play, I don't see him having a long NFL career. I do see him having a big year in 2013 and continue to be a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I don't see how any can say the Packers did better than the Vikings.
    I think the Packers lost just as much in Jennings and Woodson, so that's a wash.
    In free agency the Vikings got Greg Jennings. So that's a win for the Vikings.
    In the draft it really wasn't even close. The Vikings had what on paper appears to be one of the best drafts in recent memory.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Yes he play 16 games in one season once

And what season might that be? i may be wrong, but i don't count sitting out of a game with a headache a full season of play. i don't remember one season that Harvin Started and played every regular season game. Again, maybe i'm wrong......?????

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    1: I agree with the premise that you cannot judge something based upon POTENTIAL...at least not until there is something of substance with which to extrapolate.

EXAMPLE: Tarvaris Jackson was judged on his potential for 6 years here, despite the evidence which didn't support that potential.

2: I agree that it isn't good to lose great players.....

EXCEPT

Except when one of those "great" players spends two years whining about being here, then attempts to hold the team hostage to his demands...while another GREAT player is quietly turning the NFL on it's ear and earning MVP honors. Harvin needed to go. He was very clear about not wanting to stay here through his actions. We got more from him than I expected. And while the allegation that he didn't play a full season is false, our ability to make the play-offs without him sort of proves that HE isn't the vital cog he imagines himself to be. Fact is, had we had him, we likely wouldn't have gone very far because it wasn't Ponder's arm or Frazier's coaching that won for us...it was all Peterson.

Except when that great player is visibly slowing down...to the point that moving him to safety had to be a consideration. His ability (inability) to cover fast receivers had been lamented here for several years - his hitting and run stuffing were what made him valuable. Similar to the loss of John Randle, there comes a time when a players' skill set has eroded past their contract. I expect to see this with Jared Allen and Kevin Williams soon too.

3: No one is crowing about how wonderful Frazier is....except whats-his-nuts that I skewered yesterday. Frazier rode Peterson to a contract extension.

Bottom line, I've long thought Ruesse was a blow-hard....nothing here changed my mind.

Caine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast