Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Los is going to the game!

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I could go to the game for only $100 bucks a ticket, but I think I'm going to have to pass! I would rather celebrate at home in front of my girl and her family!
    Well, the tickets are $94 face, so I wouldn't call that much of a markup.
    I didn't say it was a markup, I was just saying I could go to the game, but I don't want too.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Oh, okay. I was wondering what the tickets were going for. Darn, I must have cheap seats, then. I was hoping for $94 I'd be in a recliner on the 50 yard line.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Oh, okay. I was wondering what the tickets were going for. Darn, I must have cheap seats, then. I was hoping for $94 I'd be in a recliner on the 50 yard line.
    Nope, you get those nice aluminum benches that are oh so cozy!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

bono is offline Hall of Famer

I'm not going to the game :cry: Scheduled to work until 1 a.m. Monday morning...i'll just have to record it...
    Being at though, however, I worked for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel SPORTS department, I'll be able to hear the game and glimpse every few minutes because we have like five TVs.
    Hopefully, my boss 'ill let me off to see the Packers play in the Super Bowl
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

What exactly do you do for the JS? I am extremely jealous that you work in the sports department for a newspaper!! I love being a phy ed teacher (most of the time) but man to work with/in the professional/college/high school sports setting on a daily basis would be awesome!!

Well, I handled stats/standings/game summaries, etc, etc for the NBA/NFL... and other pro sports. I also handled college sports stats, etc and high school prep sports (Wisconsin prep sports), and write previews and regular season previews, as well as -when called upon- cover high school prep games.
    Furthermore, I'm the Editorial assistant for America's number one Green Bay Packer publication: Packer Plus [heard of it before?] It's a weekly newspaper that comes out on Thursdays. For this paper, I handle EVERYTHING agate wise (stats, summaries, rosters, standings, schedules, power rankings, nfc/afc individual leaders, top performers, nfl team, nfl turnovers, all 32 team stats, coaching comparisons between the Packers upcoming opponent's coach and Mike Sherman, packer/opp. comparisons, draft picks, all super bowl agate, pro-bowl agate, etc, etc. It's a lot of work, but it's really a cool job (working for a business that deals with nothing but what i love a lot =sports [esp. the packers], and getting paid GOOD for it

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

"bono" wrote:
    It's a lot of work, but it's really a cool job (working for a business that deals with nothing but what i love a lot =sports [esp. the packers], and getting paid GOOD for it
    Any openings?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

I am really jealous!! I actually want to be a statistician (sp?) But I didn't realize that until my 4th year of college when I took stats!! I am a huge stats freak! I work for the school district of Brown Deer, ever heard of Tony Aker? He's a good football player and pretty good at Bball too! I have heard of Packer Plus too, I buy it every now and then for my girlfriend, unfortunately she's a huge packer fan!!

4life,
    I graduated from the University of Wisconsin -Milwaukee in May 2004 with a degree in Journalism & Mass Communication. My Media Writing professor (who also worked in the main newsroom at the journal)-some years ago- informed me about this job...knew how big of a sports fanatic I was...knew the top guys in the sports department. Don't feel bad about not getting into a sports related career. your job sounds pretty cool, too.

Los,
    there's no openings at this time. sorry.

I like my job, and I would love to do what you do but I'm no writer! I would love to sit and crunch numbers all day (figuring out stats). I think it is awesome what stats they come up with during a game, for example..

Did you know that for games that start at noon central time, when it hits 2:00 Brett Favre has thrown more interceptions than completions while inside a dome with attendance over 60,000 than completions while inside his own redzone?

Now, that probably doesn't make much sense to you, but I think you get my point!! lol

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast