LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Los Chimes In "Misery Loves Company"

Well, with both of our teams sucking it up, I figure I can chime in relatively unscathed here.

After watching today, it would seem that New Orleans was the exception rather than the norm. It was actually disconcerting to watch as a Packer fan...as if it isn't bad enough watching my own team beat itself, watching the hated division rival beat itself, too, was....well, not what I'm used to over the last 10 years.

I haven't spent as much time here lately. I apologize for that. In a way, it does have to do with my own teams' struggles, though I'm not embarassed to be here. Like you guys, I feel like I've been fighting with my own fellow fans lately. There's a lot of people bashing Favre on the Packer sites, and I've been, well, emotionally engaged in those conversations. Some of you don't know me that well around here, but most who do know me as pretty Caine-like when I get roused, and that's what I've been doing.

Watching Culpepper, though. Well, I have to admit I'm at a lost. I've been one of the strongest supporters of Culpepper as a Viking for the years I've been here, often advocating that all he needed was to get rid of Moss and he'd be an MVP.

Not, um, lookin' like that right now, is he?

I'm sure the "Culpepper Haters" and the "Culpepper Apologists" are teaming up here, just like the Favre ones are on the Packer sites. It seems to me that his tiny little hands are having trouble again, and that pressure seems to be getting to him faster to affect his windup.

No quarterback does well when he doesn't have protection. But, I think Culpepper's biggest weakness is being exploited, and his biggest strength is being negated.

Weakness: small hands. Has a great arm but if his body, arm, or whatever is rocked, that ball pops out.

Stength: His legs, but we all know that a mobile quarterback works best when he's been back there, protected, for three seconds or more. The DBs are led down the field and the rushers are behind him. Pepper isn't getting that time or opportunity.

Problem: offensive line protection are causing the biggest mistakes and the largest lost opportunities.

I think you have two nice receivers right now in Williamson and Taylor, to be honest.

The defense, wow. I think that's got to be the hardest thing, because you guys were told repeatedly by the media that your defense was going to be a top-ten one this year.

Losing Sharper may be making a difference, but geez...you guys have drafted and FAed that side of the ball to death over the last two years.

Obviously, the Packers are in a similar situation. Turnovers are killing us. Running game is abandoned. Defense isn't doing enough to win.

Many want to blame the Moss trade, but last I checked, the Raiders are 1-3, too. Apparently, Moss isn't a miracle worker.

If the Packers win, do you realize every team in the division will be in a virtual tie? With one win?

Sad.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Los Chimes In "Misery Loves Company"

Watch your back Los...a lot of newbs around! :lol:

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Sad is right all the way around. The NFC as a whole is right where the AFC was 10-15 years ago. Man our division is a disgrace, I hope someone in this division will step it up sooner or later and be respectable.

I am truely numb right now! I am starting to go into that protective cocoon called "I don't want to hurt no more watching my team lose, the same place the most bears fans have been for most of a deacade or more."

whiteviking24 is offline Pro-Bowler

AGREED ...........hate to say it!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Losing Linehan was a much bigger blow to Daunte than losing Moss. Linehan's playcalling may have been questionable at times, but he really did an excellent job with Daunte's development.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    Losing Linehan was a much bigger blow to Daunte than losing Moss. Linehan's playcalling may have been questionable at times, but he really did an excellent job with Daunte's development.
    I think this is a valid point. Linehan and DC were on the same page and DC did play well last year without Moss.