Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Los Angeles Vikings?

This thread sounds more like someone trying to pormote their blog, then it is a actual thread.

daftparrot is offline Training Camp

"Garland" wrote:
    This thread sounds more like someone trying to pormote their blog, then it is a actual thread.

sigh... believe what you want to believe dude.
    i'm a lifelong vikings fan and i'm concerned about losing the team.
    i understand that it's a long ways off still, but i don't want it to happen.
    i got permission from the owner of the site to post this link.
    i'm not going to sit here and make a big deal out of this.
    i don't care if you visit the blog, my goal is to bring this issue to the forefront of our minds.
    hopefully the vikes do well in the next couple of years and this isn't an issue.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

If find it hard to believe they will move the Vikings when they sell out every game, while teams like Jacksonville can never fill a stadium...

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

"daftparrot" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

sigh... believe what you want to believe dude.
    i'm a lifelong vikings fan and i'm concerned about losing the team.
    i understand that it's a long ways off still, but i don't want it to happen.
    i got permission from the owner of the site to post this link.
    i'm not going to sit here and make a big deal out of this.
    i don't care if you visit the blog, my goal is to bring this issue to the forefront of our minds.
    hopefully the vikes do well in the next couple of years and this isn't an issue.
    Then why promote your blog to do it? I glad, and hope you did get permission to do it especially a very political blog at that.
    And it has been a thought on many minds here. This is not a subject by any means and there has been many discussions on it already.
    Not to piss in your kool-aid I just don't agree with promoting a blog especially one like yours to do it.
    But hey if its cool with Webby then by all means post away.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "daftparrot" wrote:
    I'm not trying to tell you that the team moving to LA is a sure thing.
    I'm telling you that it is a very real possibility, and that if we do not get a stadium built in minnesota, we're losing the team.
    In many people's opinion, LA is the most likely destination.
    The NFL is commited to getting a team there (even though as many have noted, their fans suck and teams don't do well there.
    for whatever reason, the NFL wants to try again.)

My point is that we need to make some noise so that our legislature will get something done in the next year or two-- because if they don't, we're losing the team.
    There are other teams that have bigger issues than the Vikings.
    San Diego is one.
    I've read several times that they are the most likely candidate for the LA deal.

=Z=
    The Jags are another.
    Don't get me wrong, the Vikings are in the top 5.
    But as it stands right now, I think that we are safe.
    If we don't get something passed in the next year or two, however, that could change.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Then why the speculation that ties him to LA and Ed Roski Jr?
    If Wilf isn't going to sell, then he sure as hell isn't moving them to a city that has a real estate developer that is already planning his own stadium and retail complex.

If you would come here and post that he is in another city poking around the real estate market and looking to purchase land, then you would have some credibility, but to post random speculation about a topic we already hashed out here a few months back it becomes hard to buy into.
    +1
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    If Wilf isn't going to sell, then he sure as hell isn't moving them to a city that has a real estate developer that is already planning his own stadium and retail complex.

If you would come here and post that he is in another city poking around the real estate market and looking to purchase land, then you would have some credibility, but to post random speculation about a topic we already hashed out here a few months back it becomes hard to buy into.
    +1
    Thus why I think its more of a post to promte his blog than an actual thread.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"daftparrot" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "daftparrot" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    So what the hell does the SS going to oklahoma city have to do with the Vikings? Some of the references are pretty far out there.

After all, Wilf bought the team because he wanted to own an NFL franchise. Now that he has invested his time and energy into it, why would he sell out to another real estate developer? that would essentially say that Wilf failed and is now trying to save his investment by turning it over to someone else and to be honest with you, I think he is too competitive to do that. He will keep the team and if he moves them, he will do the developing himself. That is what he does.
    Seattle's fan base felt that they would never lose their team.
    They had the history, a dedicated fan base, etc.
    all of a sudden, it's too late for them and they are heartbroken.
    That's the correlation.

As far as Wilf-- he wouldn't sell the team, he'd move it.
    Now don't get me wrong, I'm very impressed by all we've seen from him.
    But he's a businessman, and it would be foolish to continue losing money while he could be making it.

I'm not trying to tell you that the team moving to LA is a sure thing.
    I'm telling you that it is a very real possibility, and that if we do not get a stadium built in minnesota, we're losing the team.
    In many people's opinion, LA is the most likely destination.
    The NFL is commited to getting a team there (even though as many have noted, their fans suck and teams don't do well there.
    for whatever reason, the NFL wants to try again.)

My point is that we need to make some noise so that our legislature will get something done in the next year or two-- because if they don't, we're losing the team.
    The legislature knows about it and I have been told by people in the legislature that it will be brought up next year. This is an election year and a pretty contentious one so don't hold your breath until the next class is sworn in. Also, by that time hopefully wilf or the MSFC will put together a proposal in which the Ownership group spells out what they are willing to pay for and what they would like the state to fund. Unfortunately the numbers that are out there do not include a significant amount of costs that you see in the picture from what I have been told.

daftparrot is offline Training Camp

"Garland" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

+1
    you said that already.
    i would have posted the text of the article but the rules specifically say to post a link.
    i got permission from webby.
    give it a rest.

as to the "random speculation", do some google research and see what you come up with.
    again, i'm not claiming that this is GOING to happen, just that it's within the realm of possibility, and if it DOES happen, we'll all be kicking ourselves for not getting a stadium deal done.
    just like the supersonics fans are now.

Blog Entries

"daftparrot" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

+1
    you said that already.
    i would have posted the text of the article but the rules specifically say to post a link.
    i got permission from webby.
    give it a rest.

as to the "random speculation", do some google research and see what you come up with.
    again, i'm not claiming that this is GOING to happen, just that it's within the realm of possibility, and if it DOES happen, we'll all be kicking ourselves for not getting a stadium deal done.
    just like the supersonics fans are now.
    If you have permission from Webby, then none of us should have a problem with it.

As far as the stadium, yes it is a possibility.
    As Vikings fans, we have been living under that umbrella of doubt for more than a decade, thanks to Red McCheap.
    Maybe we have built up a tolerance to it, or maybe it has caused us to look at the possibility with a little more scrutiny.
    In the past three years, the Vikings have made more progress towards a new stadium than they ever did under Red's ownership.
    That is promising.

Plus UffDa is right, this was an election year in the aftermath of one of the worst transportation disasters in Minnesota's history, and nobody should have expected it to be brought up in session.
    Zygi knew that, and did a very good job of keeping it fresh in our minds, but not pushing it and alienating any potential backers he may have in 2009.

Have faith in Zygi.
    He will get it done.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast