Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    daftparrot is offline Training Camp

Los Angeles Vikings?

Take a lesson from Seattle--don't let the vikes go to LA!

http://daftparrot.com/2008/06/12/save-the-vikes/

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Los Angeles Vikings?

So what the hell does the SS going to oklahoma city have to do with the Vikings? Some of the references are pretty far out there.

After all, Wilf bought the team because he wanted to own an NFL franchise. Now that he has invested his time and energy into it, why would he sell out to another real estate developer? that would essentially say that Wilf failed and is now trying to save his investment by turning it over to someone else and to be honest with you, I think he is too competitive to do that. He will keep the team and if he moves them, he will do the developing himself. That is what he does.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    So what the hell does the SS going to oklahoma city have to do with the Vikings? Some of the references are pretty far out there.

After all, Wilf bought the team because he wanted to own an NFL franchise. Now that he has invested his time and energy into it, why would he sell out to another real estate developer? that would essentially say that Wilf failed and is now trying to save his investment by turning it over to someone else and to be honest with you, I think he is too competitive to do that. He will keep the team and if he moves them, he will do the developing himself. That is what he does.
    Seattle's fan base felt that they would never lose their team.
    They had the history, a dedicated fan base, etc.
    all of a sudden, it's too late for them and they are heartbroken.
    That's the correlation.

As far as Wilf-- he wouldn't sell the team, he'd move it.
    Now don't get me wrong, I'm very impressed by all we've seen from him.
    But he's a businessman, and it would be foolish to continue losing money while he could be making it.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

With the amount of money Wilf has put into the team this off season, I don't think it's similar to the Sonic's situation. The Sonics dumped their best talent in the off season to prepare to move. They probably expected to post a losing record and low attendance, supporting their argument to leave the city.

Wilf, however, is building the Vikings into a team near championship caliber lever, and (as of ticket sales so far this season) we're seeing a big boost in ticket sales.

This may all just seem like wishful thinking, but I have full faith that Wilf wants to keep the team in the Twin Cities.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"daftparrot" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

That's the correlation.

But he's a businessman, and it would be foolish to continue losing money while he could be making it.
    Wilf's vision appears to be a significant real estate development investment in conjunction with the new stadium. Unless he is doing it on the sly in LA I don't think that will be the move.
    But I have no doubt he will move the team if he doesn't get a stadium approved soon.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Blog Entries

"daftparrot" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

That's the correlation.

Then why the speculation that ties him to LA and Ed Roski Jr?
    If Wilf isn't going to sell, then he sure as hell isn't moving them to a city that has a real estate developer that is already planning his own stadium and retail complex.

If you would come here and post that he is in another city poking around the real estate market and looking to purchase land, then you would have some credibility, but to post random speculation about a topic we already hashed out here a few months back it becomes hard to buy into.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

How many times will we see a franchise go to LA and Fail?????

They've already tried that...what would be different this time?
    Seems to me Hollywood is so up their own arses that they don't care about pro sports.

On the other hand, Wilf probably does have a backup plan.
    He'd like to do his own development, but if it isn't working, they'll find somewhere else, and some other way.
    I see the $$$ going into this team as an attempt to rebuild the Vikings image, I'm pretty sure that if we win a superbowl, that the funding will come a lot easier.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Blog Entries

"mountainviking" wrote:
    How many times will we see a franchise go to LA and Fail?????

They've already tried that...what would be different this time?
    Seems to me Hollywood is so up their own arses that they don't care about pro sports.

On the other hand, Wilf probably does have a backup plan.
    He'd like to do his own development, but if it isn't working, they'll find somewhere else, and some other way.
    I see the $$$ going into this team as an attempt to rebuild the Vikings image, I'm pretty sure that if we win a superbowl, that the funding will come a lot easier.
    agreed

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "daftparrot" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

That's the correlation.

Then why the speculation that ties him to LA and Ed Roski Jr?
    If Wilf isn't going to sell, then he sure as hell isn't moving them to a city that has a real estate developer that is already planning his own stadium and retail complex.

If you would come here and post that he is in another city poking around the real estate market and looking to purchase land, then you would have some credibility, but to post random speculation about a topic we already hashed out here a few months back it becomes hard to buy into.
    I'm not trying to tell you that the team moving to LA is a sure thing.
    I'm telling you that it is a very real possibility, and that if we do not get a stadium built in minnesota, we're losing the team.
    In many people's opinion, LA is the most likely destination.
    The NFL is commited to getting a team there (even though as many have noted, their fans suck and teams don't do well there.
    for whatever reason, the NFL wants to try again.)

My point is that we need to make some noise so that our legislature will get something done in the next year or two-- because if they don't, we're losing the team.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"daftparrot" wrote:
    I'm not trying to tell you that the team moving to LA is a sure thing.
    I'm telling you that it is a very real possibility, and that if we do not get a stadium built in minnesota, we're losing the team.
    In many people's opinion, LA is the most likely destination.
    The NFL is commited to getting a team there (even though as many have noted, their fans suck and teams don't do well there.
    for whatever reason, the NFL wants to try again.)

My point is that we need to make some noise so that our legislature will get something done in the next year or two-- because if they don't, we're losing the team.
    There are other teams that have bigger issues than the Vikings.
    San Diego is one.
    I've read several times that they are the most likely candidate for the LA deal.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast