singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Lorenzo Booker the new offensive weapon

Vikings find a new offensive weapon in running back Lorenzo Booker

While defenses work to shut down wide receiver Percy Harvin, another versatile weapon has emerged in the Vikings' offense - running back Lorenzo Booker.

Vikings find a new offensive weapon in running back Lorenzo Booker - TwinCities.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Maybe we don't need AP then?

I would rather get better WR and QB play than to add depth to the backfield.

I like Booker he's a good player with good hands and is pretty darn shifty. He definitely needs to be utilized more in this offense.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Trade Toby Gerhart for Brandon Lloyd

With Lorenzo Booker emerging I feel the team can afford letting Toby Gerhart go to another team by a trade and be the workhouse runningback as he really is. Gerhart is young (24), was drafted in the 2nd round and we could maybe receive a 4th round pick in extension for him.

Wait a second! the Denver Broncos got a bad running game right? Maybe we could trade Gerhart for Brandon Loyd (and possible get something extra on the side) .... Would love to have a pair of great hands on the team again.

It would be a win-win situation for both teams.

Why the vikings don't need Gerhart:The Vikings have a crowded backfield, so letting Gerhart go will lead to more playing time for Lorenzo Booker which is honestly a better and more exciting scenario in my opinion: Booker compliment Adrian Peterson better than Gerhart because Booker's clear strength is Peterson's biggest weakness - the passing game. Don't get me wrong, I like Gerhart, but I like Booker perhaps more. He's like Percy Harvin's twin... just not that good.

Why the Broncos don't need Brandon Lloyd: The Broncos have a crowded receiving corp with talented Demaryius Thomas and top WR Eddie Royal coming back from injury after this week's bye, in addition to Eric Decker who already has 4 TD's this season and leading the team in receptions.

Why the Vikings could need Brandon Loyd: At the running back position, the Vikes have the least of worry than any other team. The receiver position is however a whole other story.

Why the Broncos could need Toby Gerhart: Same as the Vikings' situation, but exchange RB and WR with each other. The Broncos running attack is one of the worst in the NFL. Knowshon Moreno has been a bit of a disappointed considering he was drafted 12th overall. He's the same age as Gerhart and has been criticized for running weak, something Gerhart never has.

Not saying I would do it in a heart beat, but simply airing it out there.
    Last edited by HEY; 10-14-2011 at 06:09 PM.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Gerhart cost us a second and another pick to trade up and get, we'd essentially be trading away two high draft picks for Lloyd. No thanks.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Gerhart cost us a second and another pick to trade up and get, we'd essentially be trading away two high draft picks for Lloyd. No thanks.
    How about Reggie Wayne?

I still don't understand why we drafted Gerhart in the first place. I like him a lot, but when we have AD we may have been able to make more use of a 2nd round pick.

EDIT: And there is no way on earth that Booker is catching a kick off on that photo.
    Last edited by BrisbaneTerrier; 10-15-2011 at 06:19 AM.
    Australia: Where Monday Night Football is on a Tuesday

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BrisbaneTerrier View Post
    I still don't understand why we drafted Gerhart in the first place. I like him a lot, but when we have AD we may have been able to make more use of a 2nd round pick.

EDIT: And there is no way on earth that Booker is catching a kick off on that photo.
    Its was all subterfuge and has nothing to do with Peterson and how good he is....it has to do with the other second round pick years before that the Vikings gave up picks to move back into the second round to get a QB cause Andy Reid started rumors that 5 other teams were going to draft a this certain QB, after the Viking made their pick Andy sent the following text to Brad "Bazinga, the walrus, goo goo g'joob". The trade and pick for Toby, some may see as a bit of a waste but thats what those FO pukes wanted cause they grew weary of the old questions, so basically a change is as good as a break

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Yep. Don't like the trade, it's not worth it. Besides, Gerhart might prove to be very valuable in the future. What if AP goes down? Now you have Booker and if Gerhart is gone, well times are going to be tough. Booker is shifty, but he's not a power rusher and he's a little small for a running back. I know there are exceptions, but you need some mass on some of those short yardage situations.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...