Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Looks like no stadium support this year

From the Winona, MN newspaper...
    http://www.winonadailynews.com/articles/2007/05/06/mn/09minn.txt

The political playoffs won't include a serious stadium debate this year. The Minnesota Twins and University of Minnesota football squad are set after winning public subsidies a year ago. The Minnesota Vikings never got organized in 2007 with a financing plan, although they came to the Capitol in recent weeks with splashy designs for a downtown Minneapolis stadium. It carries a cool $950 million price tag. The stadium front won't stay quiet for long. The Vikings are sure to be back with a request next year.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Looks like no stadium support this year

This is a real shocker, it's been that way for a few years now. A total bummer.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

$950 million is cheap.
    It will keep going up.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I'll pitch in a couple bucks, that leaves them with only $949,999,998.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

dougiefresh is offline Training Camp

I don't know what they think they are going to do. The lease runs out on the Dome in 2011. I figure that they will get something in writing to sstart that year and just extend the lease as necessary or maybe play on the gophers campus. I have been following this issue since like 04 maybe even early. I can't wait for a new stadium.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I read somewhere the other day that they didn't expect to even start construction until 2010. So that means they'll have to play at the new Gopher Stadium for awhile.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

dougiefresh is offline Training Camp

A couple seasons. Does any one know why the Anoka County project just got completly dismissed. They had agreed to pay 260 million at the time. Now the owner is coming out and saying that he is willing to put in 250 but would need the state to cover the rest. Including the 200 million retractable roof that designers say would be almost a nesicity for a new stadium.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"dougiefresh" wrote:
    A couple seasons. Does any one know why the Anoka County project just got completly dismissed. They had agreed to pay 260 million at the time. Now the owner is coming out and saying that he is willing to put in 250 but would need the state to cover the rest. Including the 200 million retractable roof that designers say would be almost a nesicity for a new stadium.
    Can you say "Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission"

http://news.minnesota.publicradio.or...lliamsb_vikes/

Seriously though, I heard it fell through because of some wetlands issues.

Anoka began seeking Vikings’ cooperation for a stadium four years ago but Minnesota’s legislature did not approve a stadium for the Vikings last year. Since then, Anoka County had to contend with a sales tax increase, building on wetlands, retractable dome, and infrastructure costs in order to seek an exclusive deal. Minneapolis, which has to conduct a study to find space in the city, cannot fund another stadium. If the stadium is built in Minneapolis downtown, Vikings owner Zygi Wilf said he would also include a mixed-use development connecting downtown to the riverfront area.
    http://www.twincities.com/minneapolis/ci_5770907
    http://www.acppubs.com/index.asp?lay...leID=CA6395175
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

aceclown is offline Coach

Wow what a shocker
    :

Better luck next year Zygi
    :-

Chuch.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Wilf: We'll put up $250 million for stadium

a few days old, probably already posted.
    I'll lose sleep over it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast