Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37
  1. #31
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Looks like Heath Farwell has torn ACL

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    This sucks we needed him on special teams and he was also a good backup linebacker.
    This is a huge knock.
    Not as bad as losing someone like EJ or Greenway as far as LBs go, but he's a special-teams star.
    Don't forget, Heath had Pro Bowl buzz at Special Teams - the ONE position in the Pro Bowl to which I give some real respect.

    Farwell not only made key tackles, but I believe he was the "up" man on the punting team.
    And he was a sure tackler on the kickoff squad, as well.
    In a division with Devin Hester, that's a real concern.

    =Z=
    It is bad, however, it can be negated a bit.

    Farwell had 25 (5 Solo) tackles last year and the closest guy would be Vinny with 11.


    My guess is they will roll Vinny into Heaths spot which should give him a bit more protection coming down the field which will elevate his numbers, probably to the area that Heath had.

    Question is, who do they stick in at Vinny's position?

    Erin, Same exact size not sure of his speed.
    Rufus, A bit smaller/faster.
    Seemed to tackle nice in the Seahawks game.
    Pope, A bit smaller.
    Has some extra years experience on the rookies.

    Long story short, Heath got the numbers cause he was the guy that was supposed to get the numbers. Believe it or not, ST's actually develop plays for that to happen.


    Again, a big blow, but one that can be overcome with little or no loss.
    ;D
    You are very quick to dismiss - and I think you are wrong.

    There's a reason they signed him for $1.4million earlier this season.


    =Z=
    Negative my friend, I am far from dismissing this.
    He will be missed, however, my point is that someone will be plugged into his role. That someone will have the same blockers in front of him taking guys out allowing for him to make the play.


    Seriously, it isn't like he had a knack for getting down the field on his own and just tackled the ball carrier.
    Again, as I tried to point out above, they actually set up plays for certain people to get to the ball carrier.

    By the way, because he always made the play after those guys took out the other teams blockers, is why he got paid my friend.
    ;D
    Well Marr, the special teams weren't on the field when Farwell made some very nice key plays when he was in the LB role.

    Those 30 tackles he had last year did not all happen on ST.

    You can't dismiss that.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #32
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Looks like Heath Farwell has torn ACL

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    This sucks we needed him on special teams and he was also a good backup linebacker.
    This is a huge knock.
    Not as bad as losing someone like EJ or Greenway as far as LBs go, but he's a special-teams star.
    Don't forget, Heath had Pro Bowl buzz at Special Teams - the ONE position in the Pro Bowl to which I give some real respect.

    Farwell not only made key tackles, but I believe he was the "up" man on the punting team.
    And he was a sure tackler on the kickoff squad, as well.
    In a division with Devin Hester, that's a real concern.
    It is bad, however, it can be negated a bit.

    Farwell had 25 (5 Solo) tackles last year and the closest guy would be Vinny with 11.


    My guess is they will roll Vinny into Heaths spot which should give him a bit more protection coming down the field which will elevate his numbers, probably to the area that Heath had.

    Question is, who do they stick in at Vinny's position?

    Erin, Same exact size not sure of his speed.
    Rufus, A bit smaller/faster.
    Seemed to tackle nice in the Seahawks game.
    Pope, A bit smaller.
    Has some extra years experience on the rookies.

    Long story short, Heath got the numbers cause he was the guy that was supposed to get the numbers. Believe it or not, ST's actually develop plays for that to happen.


    Again, a big blow, but one that can be overcome with little or no loss.

    ;D
    You are very quick to dismiss - and I think you are wrong.

    There's a reason they signed him for $1.4million earlier this season.
    Negative my friend, I am far from dismissing this.
    He will be missed, however, my point is that someone will be plugged into his role. That someone will have the same blockers in front of him taking guys out allowing for him to make the play.


    Seriously, it isn't like he had a knack for getting down the field on his own and just tackled the ball carrier.
    Again, as I tried to point out above, they actually set up plays for certain people to get to the ball carrier.

    By the way, because he always made the play after those guys took out the other teams blockers, is why he got paid my friend.

    ;D
    Thanks for continuing to make my point for me.


    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #33
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Looks like Heath Farwell has torn ACL

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=whackthepack link=topic=46932.msg817167#msg817167 date=1218285658]
    This sucks we needed him on special teams and he was also a good backup linebacker.
    This is a huge knock.
    Not as bad as losing someone like EJ or Greenway as far as LBs go, but he's a special-teams star.
    Don't forget, Heath had Pro Bowl buzz at Special Teams - the ONE position in the Pro Bowl to which I give some real respect.

    Farwell not only made key tackles, but I believe he was the "up" man on the punting team.
    And he was a sure tackler on the kickoff squad, as well.
    In a division with Devin Hester, that's a real concern.
    It is bad, however, it can be negated a bit.

    Farwell had 25 (5 Solo) tackles last year and the closest guy would be Vinny with 11.


    My guess is they will roll Vinny into Heaths spot which should give him a bit more protection coming down the field which will elevate his numbers, probably to the area that Heath had.

    Question is, who do they stick in at Vinny's position?

    Erin, Same exact size not sure of his speed.
    Rufus, A bit smaller/faster.
    Seemed to tackle nice in the Seahawks game.
    Pope, A bit smaller.
    Has some extra years experience on the rookies.

    Long story short, Heath got the numbers cause he was the guy that was supposed to get the numbers. Believe it or not, ST's actually develop plays for that to happen.


    Again, a big blow, but one that can be overcome with little or no loss.

    ;D
    You are very quick to dismiss - and I think you are wrong.

    There's a reason they signed him for $1.4million earlier this season.
    Negative my friend, I am far from dismissing this.
    He will be missed, however, my point is that someone will be plugged into his role. That someone will have the same blockers in front of him taking guys out allowing for him to make the play.


    Seriously, it isn't like he had a knack for getting down the field on his own and just tackled the ball carrier.
    Again, as I tried to point out above, they actually set up plays for certain people to get to the ball carrier.

    By the way, because he always made the play after those guys took out the other teams blockers, is why he got paid my friend.

    ;D
    Thanks for continuing to make my point for me.


    =Z=
    [/quote]
    I give you a nice synopsis on how ST's work and thats all you got?
    You act as if someone couldn't come in and do that.

    How about trying to explain the role of gunners, how a wedge works, anything that equates to a football discussion related to how the team will over come this instead of that.


    Someone help Z out here.
    This is a good discussion but he can't hold up his end.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D




    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #34
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Looks like Heath Farwell has torn ACL

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=46932.msg817538#msg817538 date=1218371966]
    [quote author=whackthepack link=topic=46932.msg817167#msg817167 date=1218285658]
    This sucks we needed him on special teams and he was also a good backup linebacker.
    This is a huge knock.
    Not as bad as losing someone like EJ or Greenway as far as LBs go, but he's a special-teams star.
    Don't forget, Heath had Pro Bowl buzz at Special Teams - the ONE position in the Pro Bowl to which I give some real respect.

    Farwell not only made key tackles, but I believe he was the "up" man on the punting team.
    And he was a sure tackler on the kickoff squad, as well.
    In a division with Devin Hester, that's a real concern.
    It is bad, however, it can be negated a bit.

    Farwell had 25 (5 Solo) tackles last year and the closest guy would be Vinny with 11.


    My guess is they will roll Vinny into Heaths spot which should give him a bit more protection coming down the field which will elevate his numbers, probably to the area that Heath had.

    Question is, who do they stick in at Vinny's position?

    Erin, Same exact size not sure of his speed.
    Rufus, A bit smaller/faster.
    Seemed to tackle nice in the Seahawks game.
    Pope, A bit smaller.
    Has some extra years experience on the rookies.

    Long story short, Heath got the numbers cause he was the guy that was supposed to get the numbers. Believe it or not, ST's actually develop plays for that to happen.


    Again, a big blow, but one that can be overcome with little or no loss.

    ;D
    You are very quick to dismiss - and I think you are wrong.

    There's a reason they signed him for $1.4million earlier this season.
    Negative my friend, I am far from dismissing this.
    He will be missed, however, my point is that someone will be plugged into his role. That someone will have the same blockers in front of him taking guys out allowing for him to make the play.


    Seriously, it isn't like he had a knack for getting down the field on his own and just tackled the ball carrier.
    Again, as I tried to point out above, they actually set up plays for certain people to get to the ball carrier.

    By the way, because he always made the play after those guys took out the other teams blockers, is why he got paid my friend.

    ;D
    Thanks for continuing to make my point for me.


    =Z=
    [/quote]
    I give you a nice synopsis on how ST's work and thats all you got?
    You act as if someone couldn't come in and do that.

    How about trying to explain the role of gunners, how a wedge works, anything that equates to a football discussion related to how the team will over come this instead of that.


    Someone help Z out here.
    This is a good discussion but he can't hold up his end.

    ;D
    ;D
    ;D





    [/quote]

    Not all of us have full football knowledge including me. This is a fan site not an expert analysis. Farwell will be missed. Sure a guy can come step in but is that taking that guy away from another spot on the ST squad. It is possibly. The fact is he will be missed. A guy MIGHT come in and do a good job but at this point you have no idea.

  5. #35
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Looks like Heath Farwell has torn ACL

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=46932.msg817543#msg817543 date=1218372423]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=46932.msg817538#msg817538 date=1218371966]
    [quote author=whackthepack link=topic=46932.msg817167#msg817167 date=1218285658]
    This sucks we needed him on special teams and he was also a good backup linebacker.
    This is a huge knock.
    Not as bad as losing someone like EJ or Greenway as far as LBs go, but he's a special-teams star.
    Don't forget, Heath had Pro Bowl buzz at Special Teams - the ONE position in the Pro Bowl to which I give some real respect.

    Farwell not only made key tackles, but I believe he was the "up" man on the punting team.
    And he was a sure tackler on the kickoff squad, as well.
    In a division with Devin Hester, that's a real concern.
    It is bad, however, it can be negated a bit.

    Farwell had 25 (5 Solo) tackles last year and the closest guy would be Vinny with 11.


    My guess is they will roll Vinny into Heaths spot which should give him a bit more protection coming down the field which will elevate his numbers, probably to the area that Heath had.

    Question is, who do they stick in at Vinny's position?

    Erin, Same exact size not sure of his speed.
    Rufus, A bit smaller/faster.
    Seemed to tackle nice in the Seahawks game.
    Pope, A bit smaller.
    Has some extra years experience on the rookies.

    Long story short, Heath got the numbers cause he was the guy that was supposed to get the numbers. Believe it or not, ST's actually develop plays for that to happen.


    Again, a big blow, but one that can be overcome with little or no loss.

    ;D
    You are very quick to dismiss - and I think you are wrong.

    There's a reason they signed him for $1.4million earlier this season.
    Negative my friend, I am far from dismissing this.
    He will be missed, however, my point is that someone will be plugged into his role. That someone will have the same blockers in front of him taking guys out allowing for him to make the play.


    Seriously, it isn't like he had a knack for getting down the field on his own and just tackled the ball carrier.
    Again, as I tried to point out above, they actually set up plays for certain people to get to the ball carrier.

    By the way, because he always made the play after those guys took out the other teams blockers, is why he got paid my friend.

    ;D
    Thanks for continuing to make my point for me.


    =Z=
    [/quote]
    I give you a nice synopsis on how ST's work and thats all you got?
    You act as if someone couldn't come in and do that.

    How about trying to explain the role of gunners, how a wedge works, anything that equates to a football discussion related to how the team will over come this instead of that.


    Someone help Z out here.
    This is a good discussion but he can't hold up his end.

    ;D
    ;D
    ;D





    [/quote]

    Not all of us have full football knowledge including me. This is a fan site not an expert analysis. Farwell will be missed. Sure a guy can come step in but is that taking that guy away from another spot on the ST squad. It is possibly. The fact is he will be missed. A guy MIGHT come in and do a good job but at this point you have no idea.
    [/quote]
    Ratchet back a bit.
    I was picking on Z thus the multiple smiley faces.
    You should know he and I banter back and forth all the time.

    Back to my point, of course he will be missed, however, as I was pointing out, the special teams coach will roll someone to his position and that guy will be expected to get 25 tackles for us this year.
    Again, for all of you that didn't know it, they actually make up plays on ST's and certain players are supposed to get the tackle.
    (See there is something in there for everyone to learn from if they didn't already know that)

    Quick question, do you know for sure Heath would get that many tackles this year?
    Maybe the opposing D-coord would gameplan to take him out?


    Again, he will be missed, but if the coaching staff is/are doing thier job, he won't be missed that much.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #36
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: Looks like Heath Farwell has torn ACL

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=46932.msg817547#msg817547 date=1218372802]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=46932.msg817543#msg817543 date=1218372423]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=46932.msg817538#msg817538 date=1218371966]
    [quote author=whackthepack link=topic=46932.msg817167#msg817167 date=1218285658]
    This sucks we needed him on special teams and he was also a good backup linebacker.
    This is a huge knock.
    Not as bad as losing someone like EJ or Greenway as far as LBs go, but he's a special-teams star.
    Don't forget, Heath had Pro Bowl buzz at Special Teams - the ONE position in the Pro Bowl to which I give some real respect.

    Farwell not only made key tackles, but I believe he was the "up" man on the punting team.
    And he was a sure tackler on the kickoff squad, as well.
    In a division with Devin Hester, that's a real concern.
    It is bad, however, it can be negated a bit.

    Farwell had 25 (5 Solo) tackles last year and the closest guy would be Vinny with 11.


    My guess is they will roll Vinny into Heaths spot which should give him a bit more protection coming down the field which will elevate his numbers, probably to the area that Heath had.

    Question is, who do they stick in at Vinny's position?

    Erin, Same exact size not sure of his speed.
    Rufus, A bit smaller/faster.
    Seemed to tackle nice in the Seahawks game.
    Pope, A bit smaller.
    Has some extra years experience on the rookies.

    Long story short, Heath got the numbers cause he was the guy that was supposed to get the numbers. Believe it or not, ST's actually develop plays for that to happen.


    Again, a big blow, but one that can be overcome with little or no loss.

    ;D
    You are very quick to dismiss - and I think you are wrong.

    There's a reason they signed him for $1.4million earlier this season.
    Negative my friend, I am far from dismissing this.
    He will be missed, however, my point is that someone will be plugged into his role. That someone will have the same blockers in front of him taking guys out allowing for him to make the play.


    Seriously, it isn't like he had a knack for getting down the field on his own and just tackled the ball carrier.
    Again, as I tried to point out above, they actually set up plays for certain people to get to the ball carrier.

    By the way, because he always made the play after those guys took out the other teams blockers, is why he got paid my friend.

    ;D
    Thanks for continuing to make my point for me.


    =Z=
    [/quote]
    I give you a nice synopsis on how ST's work and thats all you got?
    You act as if someone couldn't come in and do that.

    How about trying to explain the role of gunners, how a wedge works, anything that equates to a football discussion related to how the team will over come this instead of that.


    Someone help Z out here.
    This is a good discussion but he can't hold up his end.

    ;D
    ;D
    ;D





    [/quote]

    Not all of us have full football knowledge including me. This is a fan site not an expert analysis. Farwell will be missed. Sure a guy can come step in but is that taking that guy away from another spot on the ST squad. It is possibly. The fact is he will be missed. A guy MIGHT come in and do a good job but at this point you have no idea.
    [/quote]
    Ratchet back a bit.
    I was picking on Z thus the multiple smiley faces.
    You should know he and I banter back and forth all the time.

    Back to my point, of course he will be missed, however, as I was pointing out, the special teams coach will roll someone to his position and that guy will be expected to get 25 tackles for us this year.
    Again, for all of you that didn't know it, they actually make up plays on ST's and certain players are supposed to get the tackle.
    (See there is something in there for everyone to learn from if they didn't already know that)

    Quick question, do you know for sure Heath would get that many tackles this year?
    Maybe the opposing D-coord would gameplan to take him out?


    Again, he will be missed, but if the coaching staff is/are doing thier job, he won't be missed that much.
    [/quote]

    I understand you will messing with him but I wanted to mention that point because the season is here and I promise you people will pull that card soon and make fun of the less knowledgeable. Which IMO is a bunch of green and gold Puker horseshit!
    ;D

    Just because someone is expected to make plays or the tackle does not mean they will. They can make up all the plays they want but it ultimately comes down to that guy making the tackle. And we all saw how well the Vikes are tackling right now.

    You are right we don't know if Heath would of made the tackles but we give him the benefit of the doubt because he proved last year he is capable of making the plays. Whoever steps in is a question mark until we see him make the plays. That is why their is a concern.

  7. #37
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Looks like Heath Farwell has torn ACL

    "marstc09" wrote:
    I understand you will messing with him but I wanted to mention that point because the season is here and I promise you people will pull that card soon and make fun of the less knowledgeable. Which IMO is a bunch of green and gold Puker poopy!
    ;D

    Just because someone is expected to make plays or the tackle does not mean they will. They can make up all the plays they want but it ultimately comes down to that guy making the tackle. And we all saw how well the Vikes are tackling right now.

    You are right we don't know if Heath would of made the tackles but we give him the benefit of the doubt because he proved last year he is capable of making the plays. Whoever steps in is a question mark until we see him make the plays. That is why their is a concern.
    Excellent points my friend.

    I will be most interested during the Ravens game to watch what Vinny's role will be. My guess is he will be the primary guy now.

    Additionally it will be interesting to see what the young LB's do.
    If they don't seem to be able to step up (I think a couple will for the reasons I pointed out) then they will be scoring the waiver wire when teams start cutting thier youngsters and try to sneak them onto practice squads.

    It will be fun to watch Rick go out and steal some talent (ala Mills) like he did last year instead of someone stealing from us.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Heath Farwell cut
    By skum in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-11-2011, 09:55 AM
  2. Heath Farwell catches coach's eye
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 06:26 AM
  3. Q&A with Bob Sansevere: LB Heath Farwell
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2007, 06:39 AM
  4. Vikings spotlight: Heath Farwell
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-11-2006, 10:30 AM
  5. Heath Farwell
    By vikes09 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-01-2006, 08:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •