Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Looks like Fowler's toast

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    I personally don't want to see it become a race issue. I don't think it should, but it might.

When so many critics and media types keep harping about the lack of minority in coaching, front office, and ownership positions in the NFL (which, they have a point), it hard to see the first African-American owner wanna-be come under fire.

Personally, I don't care if he's black, white, or blue. Fowler should be treated as fairly as a man (or woman) of any color would be in this situation. I hope that all see it the same way.
    It shouldn't be, but the way things are nowadays I wouldn't be surprised if it became one. I agree about having a fair opportunity, if he's the guy for us then I'd still be all for it. If he isn't then he shouldn't have anything handed to him on a silverplatter. It's all about the best man for the job regardless of race.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Just because they are moving doesn't mean the name is going too. As far as the Saints go they aren't making enough money for the NFL hence the move
    Del,

How do you like your Jazz there in UTAH?

New Orleans Jazz

LOL

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Personal opinion: This should not become a race issue...if it does, then those who attempt to make it such are pathetic. If Fowler can't really afford to be a General Partner of an NFL franchise, then he shouldn't be...no matter what color he is. If he has the money, then he should be. END OF STORY
    I think that NFL has come out and made it a race issue. They have openly come out and said, "we want our first black owner." This way they beat everyone to the first punch. Now if they vote him out for legit reasons, they can say "darn we really wanted it to happen."

Some might want this to happen as part of the Equal Opp thing but if he doesn't have the finances, he shouldn't get it. I don't want the Vikes in trouble. The owners don't want to have to come up with money to bail someone out.

Besides, I am sure there are enough other Afro Americans that have the money and could have placed the bid with Red for the team.

I think it is truely financial and not Race. The only color that matters is GREEN. How much color (GREEN) does he have and how good of a business man he is?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567