Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Looks like Fowler's toast

He would, wouldn't he? Then wipe his posterior on another team's goal post.

vikesalltheway84 is offline Waterboy

There is no way that committee is denying him after all the first black owner talk...think about it...the first black winning bidder getting denied. what do you think they will say? That is my look on it anyway.

vixtalkn is offline Waterboy

God, you guys just live in it don't ya? Just read the ESPN line. If not for bad luck you'd have no luck at all.

Just when you think Reg (the Fooler) Fowler is your white knight you discover he's carryin' more baggage than the midnight train to Georgia.

The EN-EF-EL's never gonna confirm this buy. Taylor's in and you guys are goin' to Acorn County along with a deal that'll make everybody but the Yikes rich.

The team's a pawn. Minnie taxpayers build the stadium; Taylor and McCombs double their money; and not a dime is spent on THE MINNESOTA VIKINGS.

IMO the NFL's too broke to fix. Blow it up.

Fowler, jeez. What is that about?
    Favre bashing s unbecoming; hell, it s unAmerican

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

:scratch:

must be a packer fan

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Fowler

My first post here...but I have believed since about Day 1 that Fowler will not own the Vikings. I dont think he has the cash to pull it off. Even if he does, I don't think he has the additional cash to front for a new stadium, and the legislature will demand that any new stadium deal be paid for partly by the owner.

I also don't think Red will own the team next year either, but if he does, I think 1 more year is it.

VikesFan111 is offline Rookie

"jackyl" wrote:
    I don't think the league/owners would approve a purchase to Taylor for a penny less than 625 now that Fowler has agreed to that price.... and I don't see Taylor offering that kinda dough anytime soon.
    I agree.

As for the trade...I would do that. I love Moss, but that is too good pass up IMO.

We would have 3 first round draft picks and a Pro-Bowl caliber player on Defense.

Funny how people say being sued is such a terrible thing, some of these lawsuits could be just bull, some people do sue for no reason at all. Mayo Clinic gets sued alot, wal-mart gets sued more than any other company in this country but they are still profitable I think.
    You republican whore!

eelpout72 is offline Starter

"MN_Jet_Fan" wrote:
    I don't think this nixes Fowler necessarily.

ALL intelligent real estate investors borrow heavily against real estate holdings. Its called tax-free income. Its not like a car loan most of us have, it's good debt if handled correctly.

His tenant is Joe G, known for a scam involving ASU point shaving. So if I erroneously rent a home to AL-Queda members am I a terrorist? Nope, I'm not responsible for their actions.

The lawsuits COULD be a problem. But many businesses get sued. The league will look at the complaints and the outcome of each suit.

The bottom line here is whether or not Fowler has sufficient assets to run the team in potentially lean yeears. Yes the NFL is image concious, but I don't his problems are that serious.
    agreed. wtf, that article was pathetic. Why would it even mention Fowler's divorce papers? The only real issue that the article brings up are the lawsuits.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"eelpout72" wrote:
    "MN_Jet_Fan" wrote:
    I don't think this nixes Fowler necessarily.

ALL intelligent real estate investors borrow heavily against real estate holdings. Its called tax-free income. Its not like a car loan most of us have, it's good debt if handled correctly.

His tenant is Joe G, known for a scam involving ASU point shaving. So if I erroneously rent a home to AL-Queda members am I a terrorist? Nope, I'm not responsible for their actions.

The lawsuits COULD be a problem. But many businesses get sued. The league will look at the complaints and the outcome of each suit.

The bottom line here is whether or not Fowler has sufficient assets to run the team in potentially lean yeears. Yes the NFL is image concious, but I don't his problems are that serious.
    agreed. wtf, that article was pathetic. Why would it even mention Fowler's divorce papers? The only real issue that the article brings up are the lawsuits.
    The divorce papers really bothered me in the sense that it is nobody's business about that.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

The lawsuits and the non-payments bothers me... the only thing about the divorce that makes it relevant... is when Clancy wanted to buy us it was because of his divorce that he didn't have the funds to.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast