Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Looks like Bennett and Bryant M will be ok

"Big Daddy" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "pepper 0n moss" wrote:
    good points, but dominating in total yards doesn't mean jack if we were only up 16-0.

We were only up 16-0???? Lets see, first elling missed an extra point, then a field goal, is 20-0 good enough of a score to sit the starters? Second and most importantly, what the heck does the score of a preseason game mean?? NOTHING. Who cares what the score was, we absolutely did whatever we wanted on offense and on D. The only time we were stopped on offense was by ourselves. The was no reason for our starters to be out there on the field after how badly them dominated the 1st half, PERIOD. What were they suppose to be proving anyways, against the 49ers 2nd team D? This was a horrible descision by tice and he realized it and told his D starters that they weren't gonna play in the 2nd half, after bennett and mckinnie got hurt.
    I think what pepper on moss was getting at was after the first 2 drives we didn't do anything. We did not finnish off our drives like we need to in the regular season. Elling shouldn't have missed his field goal, but guess what we shoul have scored a Td instead. You shouldn't have to kick a 44 yard field goal after you have a first and 10 on the 17 yardline! Maybe if the Viks wouldn't have had all the mental errors and scored 4 TD they wouldn't have played in the second half. Moving the ball and gaining yards doesn't mean anything unless you finnish off your drives and get points on the board.

Elling makes his kicks and it was a 20-0, then moss doesn't fumble and it was 23 or 27-0, isn't that good enough? Ellings kicks had nothing to do with our first team offense. Moss' fumble was not something you put your starters out in the 2nd half of the game, to fix. It was a fumble and those things happen. There was nothing more to prove, and they shouldn't have played. We aren't gonna score TD's on every damn drive like some people want us to. Field goals are good too guys.

No one can argue that we absolutely dominated them in the first half. It looked like we were playing a college team. 330 yards to 60. I don't think it is neccessary for your starters to play in the 2nd half of a preseason game, against the opponents 2nd string D, to try and score more TD's. STUPID STUPID STUPID and we are now gonna pay for Tice's stupid descision. Lets hope we don't pay for one of his stupid descisions, in the playoffs this year.

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

i don't think tice played the starters in the second half with the mentatlity of "ohh, let's try to score more TD's"

more repititions against an opponent, 2nd string or not translates into more situations you can't emulate in practice, which translates into smarter playing by the players, which translates into a team with more confidence, which translates into a team with more precision, which in turn, gives us a very dangerous viking team.

with more and more reps and practice against other opponents, we don't get those stupid drive killing penalties. we don't get those stupid drive killing fumbles. we don't get those stupid mistakes that make us settle for 3 instead of 6 [7 if elling converts]

our biggest opponent last year was ourselves and i admire how tice is not going to let that happen this year.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

These injuries are not a good sign. I won't count the Vikings out but my confidence is definately shaken a bit by these recent developments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I am comfortbale with Moe carrying the load for a couple of games, but we need McKinnie to guard peps blind spot!! F*&#ing Ontarrio!!
    Now let me see... SOD has an excellent paying job that requires him to be drug free. He knows he will be randomly tested. If he tests positive he knows he will be punished and if it continues, will lose his NFL status. He still uses illegal drugs... :roll: What am I missing here guys? Maturity level? :drunken:
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

at least he didn't bail on us right before training camp to smoke weed everyday =)

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Give him a bunch of money like Ricky got and he just might.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

"pepper 0n moss" wrote:
    i don't think tice played the starters in the second half with the mentatlity of "ohh, let's try to score more TD's"

more repititions against an opponent, 2nd string or not translates into more situations you can't emulate in practice, which translates into smarter playing by the players, which translates into a team with more confidence, which translates into a team with more precision, which in turn, gives us a very dangerous viking team.

with more and more reps and practice against other opponents, we don't get those stupid drive killing penalties. we don't get those stupid drive killing fumbles. we don't get those stupid mistakes that make us settle for 3 instead of 6 [7 if elling converts]

our biggest opponent last year was ourselves and i admire how tice is not going to let that happen this year.

STUPID STUPID STUPID descision by Tice! Again, I said in the 1st quarter of the game in a different thread, that no way the starters should be out there in the 3rd, so I am not saying this just because someone got hurt.

Our biggest problem last year was ourselves, I agree with you there. Ourselves, includes Tice, and he just made another bad descision that is gonna hurt the team, and I don't admire that.

Also, no matter how many repititions our offense gets, it isn't gonna stop us from fumbling or getting penalties. False starts or holding penalties aren't because guys haven't got enough repititions, those are things that just happen. Fumbles are part of the game, and Moss playing every minute of every preseason game, isn't gonna have any effect on if he fumbles again this year.

Fact is, when we are in the playoffs this year, and if the game is close, I will be worrying about what stupid thing Tice can do to loose us the game, and I bet a lot of others will be too.

Also, if the starters were out there for repititions, then why did they only play that short first series? Tice did say they were suppose to play more than just the first series in the 3rd, so I must assume he realized how stupid it was that he was playing his starters still, AGAINST THE 49ERS 2ND STRING D. If he wasn't satisfied with what our offense did in the first half, I wouldn't think their one drive in the 3rd would make him happy? Injuries are something that can't be controlled and happen no matter when guys play, so that arguement would follow here too then right? So if he shouldn't worry about injuries happening and play guys in the 3rd, then he shouldn't worry about them happening after bennett and mckinnie left right? It goes both ways.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234