Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    StainlessStill is offline Waterboy

Looking more into the Favre situation..

Any Vikes fans worried that Favre was pretty much givin an ultimatum and pressured into returning face to face with teammates? I wouldn't feel comfortable knowing that it went down that way since Favre is certainly on edge by the way that ankle could or couldn't hold up this season and it won't be an easy task to start with Greg Williams's defense in Week 1 in the Dome.

Favre is a textbook iron man, but judging by coming back only for the team as he says, do you think he could hold up during a 16 game season and possibly beyond?

Is his record for consecutive starts in jeopardy?

Of course, at this point in his career, we should all trust a 40 year olds judgment and certainly wouldn't put the Vikes in a troubled situation if he WASN'T healthy but there should be a small percentage of doubt.

I'd hate to see him go out with an injury or what not..
    None

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Looking more into the Favre situation..

StainlessStill wrote:
    Any Vikes fans worried that Favre was pretty much givin an ultimatum and pressured into returning face to face with teammates? I wouldn't feel comfortable knowing that it went down that way since Favre is certainly on edge by the way that ankle could or couldn't hold up this season and it won't be an easy task to start with Greg Williams's defense in Week 1 in the Dome.

Favre is a textbook iron man, but judging by coming back only for the team as he says, do you think he could hold up 16 games a season? Is his record for consecutive starts in jeopardy? Of course, at this point in his career, we should all trust a 40 year olds judgement and certainly wouldn't put the Vikes in a troubled situation if he WASN'T healthy but there should be a small percentage of doubt.

Honestly, I'm not thinking about it too much. He's here. The team seems to be happy about that (specious Yahoo posts aside) and the regular season starts on 9/9 in New Orleans.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I am just glad he is here. Whatever happens, happens.

Zeus wrote:
    StainlessStill wrote:

Favre is a textbook iron man, but judging by coming back only for the team as he says, do you think he could hold up 16 games a season? Is his record for consecutive starts in jeopardy? Of course, at this point in his career, we should all trust a 40 year olds judgement and certainly wouldn't put the Vikes in a troubled situation if he WASN'T healthy but there should be a small percentage of doubt.

Honestly, I'm not thinking about it too much. He's here. The team seems to be happy about that (specious Yahoo posts aside) and the regular season starts on 9/9 in New Orleans.

=Z=
    Good way to look at it. I remember when Kordell Stewart would drop back to pass (of course, a different kind of worry) but I would just wince every time he dropped back only to anticipate a turnover.

I'm sure at times this year, or at LEAST the first game in the Dome, when Favre drops back to pass Vikes fans and many people would probably be feeling nervous for him when you see a blitzing backer on television that he wouldn't see on the field and just embrace the hit with him as a fan. After that first initial hit, if he gets back up it's game on.
    None

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

StainlessStill wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    StainlessStill wrote:

=Z=
    Good way to look at it. I remember when Kordell Stewart would drop back to pass (of course, a different kind of worry) but I would just wince every time he dropped back only to anticipate a turnover.

I'm sure at times this year, or at LEAST the first game in the Dome, when Favre drops back to pass Vikes fans and many people would probably be feeling nervous for him when you see a blitzing backer on television that he wouldn't see on the field and just embrace the hit with him as a fan. After that first initial hit, if he gets back up it's game on.
    Worrying about injury is completely pointless. You can't fully enjoy watching your team's stars if you are worried they will get injured. I used to get worried but I got over it a long long time ago. Favre is going to stay in the pocket and deliver tough throws. Peterson is going to deliver a lot of forearm shivers. EJ is going to be in a lot of pile-ups. That's just how the sport works.

Just as a player can't worry about injury, a fan can't either.

-V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

V-Unit wrote:
    StainlessStill wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    StainlessStill wrote:

=Z=

Worrying about injury is completely pointless. You can't fully enjoy watching your team's stars if you are worried they will get injured. I used to get worried but I got over it a long long time ago. Favre is going to stay in the pocket and deliver tough throws. Peterson is going to deliver a lot of forearm shivers. EJ is going to be in a lot of pile-ups. That's just how the sport works.

-V-
    True, and that's understandable. I look at it though that Favre is so unbelievably and obviously the most valuable to you guys and knowing, as a QB, is having trouble with his lead ankle at the age of 40 is nerve racking. I look at the same thing for my Troy Polamalu type player but I get what you're sayin and you're ultimately right, but there's some players like the caliber of a Favre or a Troy who you watch closely and hope everything doesn't go South.
    None

I'm not worried at all. I bet Favre jumps right back to where he was last year. All this media crap about how it might be effecting the locker room is BS IMO. Everyone obviously wanted him back (besides sage and TJ). It's just more jumble the media can make a story out of, just like the "schism" we supposedly had last year. Was that the case though? Absolutely not...

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

marstc09 wrote:
    I am just glad he is here. Whatever happens, happens.
    This. We are in this together. We will win or lose together. Going down with the ship or riding it to victory.
    We're bringing purple back.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

StainlessStill wrote:
    V-Unit wrote:
    StainlessStill wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    StainlessStill wrote:

=Z=

-V-
    True, and that's understandable. I look at it though that Favre is so unbelievably and obviously the most valuable to you guys and knowing, as a QB, is having trouble with his lead ankle at the age of 40 is nerve racking. I look at the same thing for my Troy Polamalu type player but I get what you're sayin and you're ultimately right, but there's some players like the caliber of a Favre or a Troy who you watch closely and hope everything doesn't go South.
    Favre is this team's best player, but the offense would suffer a lot more if Peterson or Hutchinson missed extended amounts of time. The same can be said for Jared Allen on defense.

If Favre goes down, all is not lost. Our chances are lessened, but not zero. The same can be said for Brady, Romo, Manning, McNabb, Rivers, Sanchez, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, etc.

-V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

pants on the ground
    El underdog.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast