Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Looking into 2011, 2012 -- what now Vikings fans?

Well, there may be a few games left but really what is left to do? I guess we should see if Webb is something to consider for next season. My guess, not. I predict Favre will play one last game, not a whole game but to come in and end on a good note. Receive his cheers one last time.

THE FUTURE?:::::::::

Where do you see this team going next year and into the future?

I believe we are one more season away from being a team on the rebuild. However, that rebuilding season may very well be next year if the coaching, and QB situations aren't solidified. I know a lot of people believe that there is way toooooo much talent on this team to be rebuilding so soon and in a lot of ways there are, AP, Sidney (if he stays), etc. But a lot of key people to our success have there contracts up. Sidney Rice will be a highhhhhhh-priced FA if he decides to go somewhere else. I expect Greenway to be highly sought after too. And with ZERO QB's in our bullpen that are worth it, I don't like our chances of bouncing back after this crazy-bad season.

So, where are we heading Vikings Fans!? Up, Down, Sideways, or Buried?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Looking into 2011, 2012 -- what now Vikings fans?

Buried.

It's a tough situation. We have a LOT of holes that need fixing.
    A few big issues:

Vets leaving:
    Rice, Greenway, Leber, P-Will, Evans, Kennedy, TJ, and some others.
    They're all nearing the end of their contract. Some will be back, but I fear some important players won't. Rice has been very quiet about his contract, not indicating he wants to be back. Same with Greenway. Those holes will need to be fixed.

QB:
    Of course QB is an issue. I think it's obvious TJ isn't the answer, and the only other QB we'll have is Favre. I think we need to draft a QB high and get a vet. I personally would like to see Kolb here, but would be content with maybe Orton. If Brady Quinn gets cut, he might be worth looking at, but only for a cheap price. Sometimes all a guy needs is a second chance.

Lockout:
    Considering, ther emight not be a 2011, that could hurt us again. a year off is a long time to break a team apart. It's also coming at the worst possible time. We just came of one of the most disappointing seasons in a long time, the fans are very unhappy, the state does not seem willing to cooperate with Wilf on the Stadium subject. If we don't get a stadium, ther emight not be a Minnesota Vikings. Throw in a new coach, and a rebuild, things don't look good.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Greenway did say that he would like to stay in Minnesota, but that it was a business and he couldn't guarantee that it would happen.

As for Rice, as sad as I am to say it, I don't see him staying here. He's going to get big bucks and if we can't work out a contract with him before he hits FA... he's gone.

If we can work out a deal I think that Pat will stay... but there are several others that need deals too. Its a tough situation.

I think we're in rebuilding mode. Its gonna be a tough couple of years :-(

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1083676
    Of course QB is an issue. I think it's obvious TJ isn't the answer, and the only other QB we'll have is Favre.
    The Noodle isn't under contract and I think ole Jen will have a big say in if he can sign with another team next year. My guess, his wife will opt to keep the noodle in the Noodles pants by keeping him home for good.

I think we need to draft a QB high and get a vet. I personally would like to see Kolb here, but would be content with maybe Orton. If Brady Quinn gets cut, he might be worth looking at, but only for a cheap price. Sometimes all a guy needs is a second chance.
    Quinn.....HAHAHAHAHA. You crack me up.

I like Z's idea on Orton though.

What we might see happen is what the PUKERS did a couple of years ago behind Rodgers.......Young across the board.

OTA's would look like this.

1rst round rookie.
    Webb
    late round pick or UDFA (Probably UDFA cause of the picks we have)
    Mid Tier Vet that could/would come on the cheap

Again, I think that money is gonna be the biggest factor in what we do in the offseason. This owner is hurting for cash when it comes to this team and don't think he is gonna get the ownership group to caugh up more out of thier pockets without some sort of commitment from the local community.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "triedandtruevikesfan" #1083681
    Greenway did say that he would like to stay in Minnesota, but that it was a business and he couldn't guarantee that it would happen.

As for Rice, as sad as I am to say it, I don't see him staying here. He's going to get big bucks and if we can't work out a contract with him before he hits FA... he's gone.

If we can work out a deal I think that Pat will stay... but there are several others that need deals too. Its a tough situation.

Spot on young lady. Especially that last comment. So sad to when you look at what this team should look like going into next season.

We can only hope that alot of them go out of thier way and stay.

On a side note, do you think Phat Pat is worth the money anymore?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1083676
    Buried.

It's a tough situation. We have a LOT of holes that need fixing.
    A few big issues:

Vets leaving:
    Rice, Greenway, Leber, P-Will, Evans, Kennedy, TJ, and some others.
    They're all nearing the end of their contract. Some will be back, but I fear some important players won't. Rice has been very quiet about his contract, not indicating he wants to be back. Same with Greenway. Those holes will need to be fixed.

QB:
    Of course QB is an issue. I think it's obvious TJ isn't the answer, and the only other QB we'll have is Favre. I think we need to draft a QB high and get a vet. I personally would like to see Kolb here, but would be content with maybe Orton. If Brady Quinn gets cut, he might be worth looking at, but only for a cheap price. Sometimes all a guy needs is a second chance.

Lockout:
    Considering, ther emight not be a 2011, that could hurt us again. a year off is a long time to break a team apart. It's also coming at the worst possible time. We just came of one of the most disappointing seasons in a long time, the fans are very unhappy, the state does not seem willing to cooperate with Wilf on the Stadium subject. If we don't get a stadium, ther emight not be a Minnesota Vikings. Throw in a new coach, and a rebuild, things don't look good.
    +1 Ominous times ahead.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1083737

Spot on young lady. Especially that last comment. So sad to when you look at what this team should look like going into next season.

We can only hope that alot of them go out of thier way and stay.

On a side note, do you think Phat Pat is worth the money anymore?
    I think he's worth bringing back if the price is right. He'll at least make a good backup or rotational guy(which we do often).

What if there's no DT replacement in the draft? You seem adamant about drafting a DT/NT in the first or second round, but I have a feeling the front office does not share your sentiment. Considering there were a few options out there and we drafted none of them last year. They know Pat wants to retire a Viking, so they are assuming they can get him to re-sign. As for how much? Who knows. He's gotta know he's declining and not worth as much anymore, but he wants to play. If they can come to an agreement, no reason to not have him back. He's slipping, but he's still a decent player.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Marrdro said:

The Noodle isn't under contract and I think ole Jen will have a big say in if he can sign with another team next year. My guess, his wife will opt to keep the noodle in the Noodles pants by keeping him home for good.
    Noodle, Noodle, Noodle.......

I wonder.

If we took the word "Noodle" away from Marrdro......would he still be able to make a post?

What do we do now?

We rebuild.

Start with the inept and crumbling O-Line.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

That may be true but I think that Greenway will do what he can to stay in Minnesota and I don't think he will be pushing for stupid money either

With Rosenwhore as his agent then you can kiss Rice goodbye. He won't want his client on a rebuilding team as that will affect his earnings potential (and therefore his agents cut ). So you can bet he is already whispering in Rice's ear to look after himself for the rest of the season so that he's fully fit and ready for all of the potential suitors.

Much as I love Pat I'm not sure if he is at the level that we're going to need for the next couple of years. I wish he was but I'm not sure that his body will be as willing as his desire to play

Yep we're looking at rebuilding but it may not be as bad as some expect. People will lower their expectations and maybe start looking at things with a little more realism instead of unrealistic expectations as has happened previously.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

the window slammed shut last year in New Orleans. There's no way we aren't going to be rebuilding unless we can find 3 or 4 quality starters on the o line this offseason. I'd rather just have us go young and build an o line through draft coupled with a young franchise QB versus overspending in free agency.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast