Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    CbusVikefan is offline Training Camp
    I'm sinnnnnging in the rain, just singing in the rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Seriously though, at least the unknown factor is going to be exciting. Like opening up that great big box under the Christmas tree.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Like most Vilings fans you have had enough embarrassment and pain so I am not going to hold you to the entire bet. But I do have a plate of crow image that you can put on your profile for a week or so just to remember my friend. You have been a good sport through it all.
    Because you're being so cool about this, I added a personal message under my signature that I will leave up for the rest of the season. I will eat my crow on this one!

IBP - I officially concede the bet, no matter what. Under a fluke chance that we did make the playoffs, I wouldn't give McNabb credit for it.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Because you're being so cool about this, I added a personal message under my signature that I will leave up for the rest of the season. I will eat my crow on this one!

IBP - I officially concede the bet, no matter what. Under a fluke chance that we did make the playoffs, I wouldn't give McNabb credit for it.
    Lol

Good humor.

I sent you an avatar that is fairly tame. Maybe just pop it for 50 posts or so and call it good sir.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Lol

Good humor.

I sent you an avatar that is fairly tame. Maybe just pop it for 50 posts or so and call it good sir.
    You got it! It's up. This is post 1 of 50. 650 ends the avatar. But the message is staying up until the Super Bowl. Which ironically is in my hometown of Indianapolis this year.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    You got it! It's up. This is post 1 of 50. 650 ends the avatar. But the message is staying up until the Super Bowl. Which ironically is in my hometown of Indianapolis this year.
    You wear it well.

Just to make it fair and fun I will throw up the McChunky avatar in mine for the same time.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Well done boys.... way to honor it!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator
    Nice to see that good sportsmanship is still alive and well here on PP.O.

As for the actual subject of this thread, I still think this is a mistake. It's another example of a weak coach caving in to the demands of the fans (and possibly the owners). It's not really the change I object to, but the timing.

McNabb had arguably his best game so far with the Vikings. Highest completion percentage and QBR. Only the yardage total was low, and I'm not sure how much of that is actually on him. He wasn't pulled for performance, he was sent to the bench in order to get Ponder some reps in a real, already lost game, in garbage time. That's why this decision puzzles me so much.

The Packers are the worst possible opponent to throw the rookie in against for his first start. They are the only undefeated team left in the league, and certainly one of the best out there. I'd much rather see the kid get his first start against a weaker opponent. I would hope that nobody told him that he was expected to win this game all by himself.

Despite all of that, however, I am 100% behind Ponder and will be rooting hard for his success. I want him to be great just as much as anyone else here. I just worry that he might get hurt behind this porous O-line that we have, or trying to be a hero on a scramble. If he does go down, we are much worse off than if we had held on with McNabb for one more week. The game will most likely be another loss anyway, whichever of them got the nod.

But I'll still be hoping for a miracle.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Like I said, when Momma McNabb gets up & walks out on her son, it's time for the Vikings to switch QB's.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    While I agree with the move, why announce it to the world? Especially Packer nation.

I would have stated McNabb was starting & let the Packers believe it, then march Ponder out on Sunday.

Of course, that would have required thought on Frazier's part.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries
    Frazier said on Monday that they would watch film, talk it over and make an announcement on Wednesday but then it got announced on Tuesday which begs the question: what changed?

Was the film that decisive?
    Was there a call from the players to make the change sooner so they could get more reps together?
    Did the owner or FO sit down with Leslie and make a strong suggestion?

Inquiring minds want to know

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast