Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I was just getting used to McNabb and now they pull the rug out from under my feet again...........
    The life of a Viking fan...
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

The biggest tipping point for me was on the safety last week. McNabb didn't fight to get out of the endzone. He laid down.

I'm ready to see a kid with heart who will fight tooth and nail to win a game. I know we may not win games, but I don't care who you are- that's fun to watch.

This is a team I spend money to travel to watch. I spend money on hats, jerseys, shirts, gear. I spend money on tickets. This is a product which I support and I would prefer to enjoy seeing the excitement over the ''roll over and give up" approach I believe McNabb brought with him.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    I was Donovan's last remaining supporter. That being said, I totally agree that this move had to be made. I was with the angry mob at the game screaming for Ponder to go in the game. I really wanted him to be the old McNabb, but that just wasn't the case. I'm very optimistic about Christian, but we HAVE to protect him. I'm really worried that Charlie Johnson is going to get him killed. But here's to hoping that he turns into Steve Young and not Chad Pennington. Skol!

Floyd - you now officially win the bet, and my sig and avy are in your control for the rest of the season, as promised. PM me the image links and I'll change them asap.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I agree that safety was the straw that broke the camels back, did he even get hit on that play or did he just go down to avoid the hit?

I think our odds of beating the packers are very small, but slightly better without McNabb.

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by lumberjackgreg View Post
    The biggest tipping point for me was on the safety last week. McNabb didn't fight to get out of the endzone. He laid down.

I'm ready to see a kid with heart who will fight tooth and nail to win a game. I know we may not win games, but I don't care who you are- that's fun to watch.

This is a team I spend money to travel to watch. I spend money on hats, jerseys, shirts, gear. I spend money on tickets. This is a product which I support and I would prefer to enjoy seeing the excitement over the ''roll over and give up" approach I believe McNabb brought with him.
    I was 95% over him by that play. But as soon as I saw that, I walked away from the TV and was officially done with McNabb. This is the NFL. You do NOT lay down in your own end zone. EVER.

After walking away from the TV, I played about 5, 30 minute games of football with a bunch of buddies in a round robin tournament. We ended up 4-1 and our loss was to the unbeaten champion team. My body (namely my knees and legs) was pissed at me yesterday for it, and even after 14 hours of manual labor yesterday, I still say it was worth it vs. watching the joke of a performance our favorite NFL team put in front of us on Sunday.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Thank God. I like Donny but at this point he's not doing us any good and the season is over. Ponder might not do that great but he's green. The nice thing is he only has up to go and not down like Donny.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    I was Donovan's last remaining supporter. That being said, I totally agree that this move had to be made.
    Floyd - you now officially win the bet, and my sig and avy are in your control for the rest of the season, as promised. PM me the image links and I'll change them asap.
    Like most Vilings fans you have had enough embarrassment and pain so I am not going to hold you to the entire bet. But I do have a plate of crow image that you can put on your profile for a week or so just to remember my friend. You have been a good sport through it all.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Like most Vilings fans you have had enough embarrassment and pain so I am not going to hold you to the entire bet. But I do have a plate of crow image that you can put on your profile for a week or so just to remember my friend. You have been a good sport through it all.
    You've been a great sport too brother! I appreciate it. I'm really glad we made the bet, because it motivated me to stay active here.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Vikestand is offline Coordinator
    Four sacks on the last six plays for McNugget I believe, some his and some the OL's fault. But the guy moved as fast as a one legged dog on a squirrel farm...Can't wait to see the young'n

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    I was Donovan's last remaining supporter. That being said, I totally agree that this move had to be made. I was with the angry mob at the game screaming for Ponder to go in the game. I really wanted him to be the old McNabb, but that just wasn't the case. I'm very optimistic about Christian, but we HAVE to protect him. I'm really worried that Charlie Johnson is going to get him killed. But here's to hoping that he turns into Steve Young and not Chad Pennington. Skol!

hey now, The bet was McNabb will lead the team to playoffs, there's still a remote chance.

Remember, after all, the TJ jock-sniffers still give TJ credit for "Leading" the vikings to the playoffs in 08.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast