Thread: Looking ahead

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Looking ahead

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=jmcdon00 link=topic=48767.msg859303#msg859303 date=1225307916]
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=48767.msg859276#msg859276 date=1225304059]
    LOL

Everyone was pissed when we weren't using screens

Maybe this shows why we don't?

Maybe Chilldress knows more then we do bout our team?
    +1
    Just what I was thinking, I'm not gonna go back and look but I'm pretty sure many were calling for more screens to AD and Chestor. Wouldn't it be funny if some of the people that are complaining now because they don't work were the same ones who were calling for more earlier.
    I don't need to go back and look my friend.
    I remember those guys real well as I was usually the brunt of their opinion on this subjec.

To date only one has had the balls to say he was wrong.
    Much props to him and he knows who he is.

;D
    I aint gonna lie.. i was also one who said i wanted more screens... and now that we run them i don't want to see another for the rest of the season..

Please Shelve that play!!!

Way to man up

I wasn't opposed to them.. I was just opposed to the ones where chester runs 2 yards up field and it always ended up an incomplete

Maybe Chilldress IS in fact limited with what he can because our team can't execute? Or maybe it's the coaches not teaching fundamentals?

Im not really sure.. All I know is im still excited for the second half of the season and Chilldress hasn't made any REAL boneheaded desisions in 2 games.. So keep that up Chilly!!
    yes he has!!!.....

do you not remember the awful kicking situation in the first half of the bears game giving them a short field 3x all going for TD's!!... if that's not boneheaded i don't know what is!!!
    [/quote]
    The players didn't execute, you can blame that on chilly not having them prepared but not on the play call, would you have preferred he told the kicker to kick it to Hester? Even with a short field the defense still needs to do it's job, defend the endzone.
    You must think Childress is an offensive genious based on the offense right? I mean if he gets blamed for everything bad shouldn't he get credit when the offense scores 40+?
    [/quote]

We should just start kicking off out of bounds, we'd leave the opponents in worse field position.

ragz is offline GM

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    LOL

+1
    Just what I was thinking, I'm not gonna go back and look but I'm pretty sure many were calling for more screens to AD and Chestor. Wouldn't it be funny if some of the people that are complaining now because they don't work were the same ones who were calling for more earlier.
    executing screens requires selling it as a pass and have people come after the qb or drop into pass coverage.
    part of the reason ares has sucked is cuz our passing game downfield has mostly been dismal.

plus 8 guys have been in our box for some time now and if the key is the running back nobody is fooled when the rb is waiting at the line of scrimmage.

then factor in predictabity in when you use them and theres you problem.

its not like guys are dropping balls or were not blocking.
    almost all of them are sniffed out and we dont even have a chance for the play to develop.
    and we continue to use them with no success anyway.
    childress doesn't know more cuz we dont use them alot, all he knows is that he can't get his team to run them successfully over 2 years.
    i can't really understand why in gods name he would get props for that. especially since most of the west coast offenses i've seen use it quite a bit, and run it like a well oiled machine.

"self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Looking ahead

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ragz" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    LOL

+1
    executing screens requires selling it as a pass and have people come after the qb or drop into pass coverage.
    part of the reason ares has sucked is cuz our passing game downfield has mostly been dismal.

plus 8 guys have been in our box for some time now and if the key is the running back nobody is fooled when the rb is waiting at the line of scrimmage.

almost all of them are sniffed out and we dont even have a chance for the play to develop.
    childress doesn't know more cuz we dont use them alot, all he knows is that he can't get his team to run them successfully over 2 years.
    i can't really understand why in gods name he would get props for that. especially since most of the west coast offenses i've seen use it quite a bit, and run it like a well oiled machine.

I agree with this.

A screen is such a basic play for a WCO that if we can't run one successfully after 2.5 years of running it then either the coaches need to be fired for not teaching it or the personnel dept should be fired for bringing in talent that doesn't fit the system. For Christ's sake, it is running a screen pass, not learning nuclear fusion. I haven't seen where it has been a problem for Washington to figure out how to run them in their first year of the WCO. In Philly where Chilly ( Rhymin' machine today) was the OC they ran screens all of the time so it isn't like it should be something new for him and we play Green Bay twice a year so we have games and games of film to watch them doing it to our defense with combination's of new linemen, new QB's and new RB's over the last several years.

Don't throw out the screen, just start making the deeper throws like we have been to unclog the box and then use the screens to compliment the running game. It can work.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    LOL

+1

I agree with this.

A screen is such a basic play for a WCO that if we can't run one successfully after 2.5 years of running it then either the coaches need to be fired for not teaching it or the personnel dept should be fired for bringing in talent that doesn't fit the system. For Christ's sake, it is running a screen pass, not learning nuclear fusion. I haven't seen where it has been a problem for Washington to figure out how to run them in their first year of the WCO. In Philly where Chilly ( Rhymin' machine today) was the OC they ran screens all of the time so it isn't like it should be something new for him and we play Green Bay twice a year so we have games and games of film to watch them doing it to our defense with combination's of new linemen, new QB's and new RB's over the last several years.

Don't throw out the screen, just start making the deeper throws like we have been to unclog the box and then use the screens to compliment the running game. It can work.
    your right. its either the coaches fault or the personal's fault we cant run a simple screen. but i believe its the coachs. we are using a center as a tackle. as i believe we drafted ryan cook as a center and then moved him to tackle.
    plus with having the lack of a recieving core will have the people just plain keying on adrian peterson/chester taylor.

even my high school team can run a screen. but then again we are undefeated so far and might win state =) go otters!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567