Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re:Looking ahead to 2010-2011 season...

vikings305 wrote:
    I think Favre'll decide before the draft. He "owes" this team at least that much. In GB they already had their QB of the future so he could take his time...here's different. This team's direction in the offseason highly depends on his decision
    His decision should have no bearing on who the Vikings draft... we should take a QB if that's what we need. No one things Favre is the long-term solution.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

C Mac D wrote:
    In summation, we need a new coach.

Seriously though, if he can't win with the talent he had this year... when do you expect him to win?
    Well, I'm sure looking forward to another season of broken-record CMac's insightful hate posts. That's for sure!

=Z=
    Is this my cue to log off for today?

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Well, next season will be different without Favre (I'm assumign he wont return until he shows otherwise), but I don't think we'll be a bad team. The difference is the team will have to go back to its bread and butter running offense, as long as Peterson can cure his fumblitis...

I think Peterson will have his best year next season, by far. I sure as hell hope we draft a quarterback though, I'm sick the messy QB situations, it's getting to be rediculous... I want a young franchise quarterback, damnit.

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler

There are not real free agent QB's out there that are going to help us. And forget about picking up a quality QB in the draft (picking at #30). This team is build to win now, so either we get Favre or roll with TJ or Shaub. As far as free agents go... There is an all pro guard available, Logan Mankins, New England. Julius Peppers is a free agent, but his salary demands are too high and d-line is our least concern. Carlos Rogers (Redskins). I say go out and sign the guard and pick up a cb or lb in the draft. Jerry Hughs lb (TCU), Sergio Kindle lb (Texas), Patrick Robinson cb (fla. state) should all be there in the first round. Shore up the line, sign a cb, and draft a lb. If Favre doesn't come back, then I would let Jackson go (free agent), play Shaub and pick up Chad Pennington as a backup mentor. I love Chester Taylor, but think he is a luxury to have as a third down back and can be used for a trade. I know people don't want to hear this, but he may get us a lockdown corner in a trade.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

ConnecticutViking wrote:
    There are not real free agent QB's out there that are going to help us. And forget about picking up a quality QB in the draft (picking at #30). This team is build to win now, so either we get Favre or roll with TJ or Shaub. As far as free agents go... There is an all pro guard available, Logan Mankins, New England. Julius Peppers is a free agent, but his salary demands are too high and d-line is our least concern. Carlos Rogers (Redskins). I say go out and sign the guard and pick up a cb or lb in the draft. Jerry Hughs lb (TCU), Sergio Kindle lb (Texas), Patrick Robinson cb (fla. state) should all be there in the first round. Shore up the line, sign a cb, and draft a lb. If Favre doesn't come back, then I would let Jackson go (free agent), play Shaub and pick up Chad Pennington as a backup mentor. I love Chester Taylor, but think he is a luxury to have as a third down back and can be used for a trade. I know people don't want to hear this, but he may get us a lockdown corner in a trade.
    Whoa, when did we get Shaub? hmy:

Just kidding, I think you mean Rosenfels, but I hear ya.

Zeus wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:

Seriously though, if he can't win with the talent he had this year... when do you expect him to win?
    Well, I'm sure looking forward to another season of broken-record CMac's insightful hate posts. That's for sure!

=Z=
    Is this my cue to log off for today?
    lol... hateful or true?

I guess it's easier to call it "hateful" after everything I've been saying was proven right. Easier than calling my opinions "informed and correct"...

lol

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

C Mac D wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:

lol... hateful or true?

I guess it's easier to call it "hateful" after everything I've been saying was proven right. Easier than calling my opinions "informed and correct"...

lol
    Your definition of "good coach" includes one qualification and one only: that he was won a championship. But what level of championship is acceptable for your criteria? Only a national championship at the college level, for example?

Childress was on the staff at Wisconsin when they won a Rose Bowl and were Big-10 champions. That doesn't count, though, right?

What championship has Sean Payton won? Or Rex Ryan?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:

lol... hateful or true?

lol
    Your definition of "good coach" includes one qualification and one only: that he was won a championship. But what level of championship is acceptable for your criteria? Only a national championship at the college level, for example?

Childress was on the staff at Wisconsin when they won a Rose Bowl and were Big-10 champions. That doesn't count, though, right?

What championship has Sean Payton won? Or Rex Ryan?

=Z=
    The Rose bowl is a championship? Interesting... so Ohio State are the Rose Bowl Champions this year? Wow... here's a question: Who cares?

I'm talking about a National Championship... not a bowl game that no one remembers. Calling those things "Championships" is just funny. Who is the State Farm Bowl Champion this year? lol....

Hell, if Childress had at LEAST coached a HS team to a state championship, that would be something at least... unfortunately, we can't even say that about our coach.

Either way, it's not worth arguing. You go on believing Childress is a good coach. I'll go on being right.

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler

KrackerJack wrote:
    ConnecticutViking wrote:
    Whoa, when did we get Shaub? hmy:

Just kidding, I think you mean Rosenfels, but I hear ya.
    O'h man... Don't know where my head was... Maybe just wishful thinking? Probably just my head up my ass after last nights game.

petev_sj is offline Training Camp

A little early to start doing this. But what the hey.

I think our biggest need aside from a franchise QB is MLB. I don't think EJ will come back as the same player he was before the Femur injury. I don't think Brinkley is more then a backup and Special Teams guy.

I live in the Bay Area and get a chance to see Matt Wilhelm from the 49ers a lot. He reminds me of Jack Del Rio in his prime. MLB are the signal callers for the defense. Wilhelm lines the Defense nicely, it's just that the 49ers don't have the talent to make all the tackles once they're in position.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast