Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Look what Jim Souhan said....

Today's Vikings fans paint their faces . . . adorn their cars with team flags. They eagerly pay high prices. They guarantee sellouts no matter how incompetent the Vikings have been, no matter how badly they have behaved.

I don't get it.

But then I appear to be in the minority.

Obviously Souhan doesn't know what it takes to be a fan....its like having a kid, yeah they will mess up and do some stupid stuff that will make you totally mad, but you can't just abondon them cuz they're yours, and they're all you got, for better or worse....I know the media is so retarded that they cannot fathom the thought of loyalty, for some reason thinking every fan is a bandwagon moron who jumps from team to team half way through every season based on events, but c'mon SOUHAN!......Its just like your kids, you have them and its something to feel good about that will make you damn proud to be a father (or a fan), but at the same time, nobody is perfect and I will love my team forever and for better or worse....I already sent an email to Souhan, telling him to lick my ballz....I didn't even want to bother to explain the love and loyalty thing, because seriously, I wasn't gonna change his mind about the issue anyways (the media is stubborn like that, especially a dumbfounded geezer like Souhan....c'mon Vikes fans, show your support!!!! The Vikes will pull through this garbage and resurrect their season....KEEP THE FAITH!!!!

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Re: Look what Jim Souhan said....

VIKINGS FANS ALIGN!!! SHOW SUPPORT FOR YOUR TEAM!!! WHO'S WITH ME!?

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I'm with you

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Good analogy on the whole kids/fan thing. Remember though, the media needs ratings so they print this stuff to get a rise out of us and to have it posted on message boards!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

So he's saying we shouldn't be fans anymore? I don't get what he's saying intirely..

Del Rio Guest

Yeah I think that is what he is saying in a nutshell.

I can't tell if he is curious why people aren't offended.

Or

Curious at why if they are offended they still support the team.

dmw14 is offline Training Camp

They may be "Over-paid Knuckleheads"...but they're OUR "Overpaid Knuckleheads", maybe Souhan never made a mistake at that age, but I sure did, and that wasn't with a 6 -7 figure salary. If this happenned in a place like Oakland it wouldn't have even made the news. I for one will be watching Sunday with my Horns ON!!!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"dmw14" wrote:
    They may be "Over-paid Knuckleheads"...but they're OUR "Overpaid Knuckleheads", maybe Souhan never made a mistake at that age, but I sure did, and that wasn't with a 6 -7 figure salary. If this happenned in a place like Oakland it wouldn't have even made the news. I for one will be watching Sunday with my Horns ON!!!

I agree with "they're our overpaid knuckleheads"!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

You also need to print the rest of that story. He also thinks we need to throw the season to become a superbowl team. This guy can talk out of both sets of cheeks at the same time.

He fails to mention that the Cowboys of the 90's were also made up of a bunch of players & draft picks we gave them in the Herschel Walker trade.

Sorry Jim, but if this is your plan, Tice & the Vikings started this 4 games ago.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jim Souhan, Star Tribune

As the most salacious scandal in Vikings history broke, Wilf jumped on a plane to New Jersey. No one would ask that he ignore the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur, which he observed Wednesday night and Thursday, but his team's latest embarrassment preceded the holiday and will be waiting for him when he returns to work.

Today, then, would be a good day for Wilf to establish himself as a responsible owner, dynamic leader and all-around good guy.

If he decides to hide in the Wilf Protection Program, to leave the Vikings on autopilot, he'll be blowing a grand opportunity to right a listing franchise.

Even before the Love Boat story broke, the best-case scenario for Wilf's Vikings was winning the pathetic NFC North division with a 7-9 record, then getting bludgeoned in the playoffs.

Now the best-case scenario for Wilf offers so much more.

When Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys in 1989, he made himself the most unpopular man in Texas by firing legendary coach Tom Landry, hiring NFL novice Jimmy Johnson and promising to take charge of everything from "socks to jocks."

Jones and Johnson went 1-15 in their first NFL season while suffering weekly ridicule, but their plan proved brilliant: Sacrifice a lost season while qualifying for high draft choices and learning the league.

That sacrificed season, and Jones and Johnson's willingness to start from scratch at virtually every position in the organization, led to three Super Bowl victories.

The Cowboys produced a champion out of whole cloth in the '90s, and the best franchise of the new millenium, the New England Patriots, operated similarly.

Owner Robert Kraft hired Bill Belichick, who sacrificed the 2000 season while installing his highly disciplined program. The Patriots went 5-11, then won three Super Bowls in the next four years and did so without regularly embarrassing themselves off the field, unlike the Cowboys of the 1990s.

This is what Wilf must realize: That doing the right thing will not only earn him immediate respect -- it may prove to be the smart business decision.

Wilf needs to act accountable. Then he needs to act like a boss.

Before Tuesday, Wilf, in his few months on the job, had earned a high approval rating. When Mankato threatened to charge fans to watch training camp practices, Wilf intervened. When quarterback Daunte Culpepper demanded a raise, Wilf paid. (Seems silly now, but it looked smart then.) When asked about a new stadium, Wilf tiptoed past the political potholes.

He was earning an A. Now any letters referring to the offending Vikings must be painted scarlet.

That's why Wilf must hold a press conference, offer apologies for his team's behavior and promise an internal investigation.

He must supervise that investigation, then bench or release players who sullied the franchise.

He must order coach Mike Tice to stop referring to the offending players as "family"; otherwise, the Jacksons or Osbournes may sue for defamation of character.

He must fire Tice this winter because Tice's inability to lead forced the team to trade Randy Moss because he was a headache, only to see many of the remaining players become migraines.

Wilf must hire a real general manager, someone who can supervise the coach and oversee the entire operation.

The current players neither fear Tice nor feel there is anyone who will hold them accountable for their actions.

And Wilf must prepare himself to hire a coach who will transform this pathetic franchise into a winner, in all senses of the word.

It's obvious now that Wilf had no idea what he was getting himself into.

He seems overwhelmed not only by the scandal, but by his de facto position as team leader and spokesman.

He thought he was buying a promising franchise in need of a stadium, when what the Vikings really need is a foundation.

Ditch the unused party hat, Zygi, and pop open your owners' toolbox.

It's time to break out the hammer.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Souhan's a boob....all these morons are, I wonder who hires retards like this guy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast