Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    At least we didn't blow a 21 point lead like the Patriots did.
    Those bastards always have to one-up us.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

We aren't that bad.

To have three HT double-figure leads is anything but chance. We have a decent roster but what we don't have can't be bought. Confidence.

Now the rot has set in, it's going to be difficult to pick up a win without changing something. If we get to halftime trailing, then the team will be thinking "This ones over, we get worse second half". If we go the the half leading but then concede straight away: "Not again". Its a vicious circle thats hard to break. This can be applied to the staff playing and the coaching staff.

I honestly think its leadership that gets you out of this situation. Doubting your own ability lets in the demons and results in mistakes, ill discipline and penalties.

McNabb just isn't a charismatic leader and the players don't seem to look up to him. The body language on the pitch says it all. We crumble second half, and all you have to do is to look at DNabb and it tells you the story.

I honestly believe changing the QB could be the one thing to turn the Ls into Ws. Ponder may not be ready. Webb may not be the answer. But if one can lead a team and help boost the confidence, then that could be enough. AP will keep us in every game regardless of who is playing QB. By many accounts, the squad took a liking to Ponder preseason. I think he could be the man to get us believing in ourselves again. He's smart and always has something to say that isn't the standard player/paper interview. I'd love to see him come in, constantly talk to the players and get the offence going. Offensively, we look like a line-up of individuals rather than a team.

Positive: We have a team that CAN win and be competitive in the NFL, they just don't know how to.

I believe. Now, the offence just has to start believing.
    Australia: Where Monday Night Football is on a Tuesday

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Look at the positive...
    Ref's gave us a couple.

The McNabb run early for a first down at mid-field. The refs gave it to us even though he wasn't close.

The non-facemask call on Sherels. Sherels grabbed Donahue's facemask & pulled his head down before Donahue grabbed Sherels in return.

They got flagged, we didn't & the extra 15 yards put the ball at Detroit's 26, which helped get us a TD
    Last edited by singersp; 09-27-2011 at 05:49 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    There's always next week... JUST KIDDING!

At least Chilli isn't here anymore. I for one count that as a huge positive.

I also like how we are playing in the first half of games coupled with exceptional coaching game plans going into the games. Our strategy is genius in the first half. Let's not talk about the second halves of games. Positive only.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    We have outscored apponents 54-7 in the first half!!!

Kansas City up next.(0-3, outscored 27-109 so far).

New salary cap rules mean we don't have to overpay our top 5 pick.

It can't get much worse.

Favre watch is over(hopefully).

The new roof looks nice.

Tickets are more affordable than ever.

Only 1 game behind the bears.

Still mostly healthy.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    No one can argue that we have one of the best first half teams in the league.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Still crazy that Peterson only got 5 carries in the second half.

I like HEY's point, we have a great first half team. If we could put it all together, we'd be putting up 40 a game.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    At least Chilli isn't here anymore. I for one count that as a huge positive.
    Completely agree! I can't tell you how nice it is to not see his big, dumb mug during games anymore. Also, how many times did Childress go into halftime with a double digit lead?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Yeah....those guys are losers
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast