Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Just to refresh you're memory, we were winning with Jackson in his second year. In fact, he was 8-2 in his first 10 starts that year, so to say it didn't happen with Jackson, is a false statement.
    And he was 8-4 as a starter that year which I think is the same record Tim Tebow had after starting his first 12 games of his career except one was a playoff win against the Steelers......Tim's waiting for some of that crazy singer Jackson love

Well probably not

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moss View Post
    What more could you want?
    Players who can score TD's. I could give a rats ass if we have the best LT in the history of football to be quite honest with you. It certainly hasn't done Cleveland or Miami any good to have the top 2 and the Jets aren't looking that great with Ferguson either. Meanwhile GB and NE, NO and other top teams have supposedly lower rated LT's that just get the job done which is all we really need. It's like marrying the woman with 44D's when the 36 C's give you more than a mouthful anyway.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Players who can score TD's. I could give a rats ass if we have the best LT in the history of football to be quite honest with you. It certainly hasn't done Cleveland or Miami any good to have the top 2
    Umm.. last I checked the DOlphins are starting a rookie QB who many experts figured to be a project, not only is he getting time to make plays, but due to that he's growing from it.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    They are running the ball and keeping his responsibility to a minimum. Jake Long isn't the reason they are 4-3. Look at the defense.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Wright was drafted 2 picks earlier, but at 5'10" wasn't going to be the deep threat
    Jarius Wright big gain - NFL Videos

Looks like he could be a deep threat

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by vikinggreg View Post
    Jarius Wright big gain - NFL Videos

Looks like he could be a deep threat
    Looks like he just might. I asked about his speed in another thread, but didn't get a reply. While he certainly isn't going to win a lot of jump balls, if his speed can get him the separation, then he becomes a viable target down field.

With Harvin's speed, I wonder why they didn't try it more often with him?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    By the time we pick up that 6' 5" receiver with golden hands and 4.3 in the 40 Kalil would have not only solidified the line but will be by nature of experience improved in the position even further.

He was the right pick imho without doubt and if we continue to draft players like Harvin etc we are a good year/18 months into the rebuilding phase. The jury for me is out on Ponder, he is smart off the field for sure but can you teach defensive reads, game management etc or is it inate in the player himself? Watching the game yesterday there were several occasions where the D line was stacked and there was no change in the play and Adrian got stuffed for a loss. Maybe the coaches don't allow him the luxury of audibles at the line but then that is another issue.

I hope Wright did enough last night to get more time but with the way this team is being coached at the moment who knows!!
    Purple till i die

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234