Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 65 of 65
  1. #61
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,473

    Re:A look at Peterson's production

    jmcdon00 wrote:
    [quote]
    Marrdro wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    I disagree, being the back up to the best back in the league should only help. Peterson wears on the defense. Not to mention CT was playing mostly in passing situations. There were a bunch of guys right around 100 carries that had higher ypc.
    You disagree that he is the best back when I said the second best?.....or do you mean that AD softens them up for CT?
    AD softens them up for CT. Running on pass situations should net a higher ypc than running on run situations. Fewer carries should also mean fresher legs.
    Look at Willis McGahee, Willie Parker, felix jones. Guys that were 2nd string and got a similar number of carries as CT and had much more success.
    I think CT could have 1,000yards this year, but I doubt he avereages more than 4ypc.
    He is not likely to avg over 4 ypc this year. that is not because of his ability, it is because the bears have one of the worst o-lines in the league. Cutler is not as bad as he looked last year either. that line is horrid.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  2. #62
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re:A look at Peterson's production

    marshallvike wrote:
    [quote]jmcdon00 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    I disagree, being the back up to the best back in the league should only help. Peterson wears on the defense. Not to mention CT was playing mostly in passing situations. There were a bunch of guys right around 100 carries that had higher ypc.
    You disagree that he is the best back when I said the second best?.....or do you mean that AD softens them up for CT?
    AD softens them up for CT. Running on pass situations should net a higher ypc than running on run situations. Fewer carries should also mean fresher legs.
    Look at Willis McGahee, Willie Parker, felix jones. Guys that were 2nd string and got a similar number of carries as CT and had much more success.
    I think CT could have 1,000yards this year, but I doubt he avereages more than 4ypc.
    He is not likely to avg over 4 ypc this year. that is not because of his ability, it is because the bears have one of the worst o-lines in the league. Cutler is not as bad as he looked last year either. that line is horrid.
    RT Kevin Shaffer James Marten
    RG Roberto Garza
    C Olin Kreutz
    LG Frank Omiyale Josh Beekman
    LT Chris Williams Lance Louis J'Marcus Webb

    Center. I don't think Olin is that bad.
    LT - I think Williams is a better fit at RT instead of LT because of his back issues.
    T - I liked what I read about Webb. Even though he was still available in the 7th, he might suprise some of us.

    My guess, they will find a mix in there that will give just enough protection for the QB as he start down the path of working in the Martz system.....

    .....which by the way, doesn't need much of an OL to work as it is predicated on alot of short, fast release type of throws mixed in with a little running and a little deep stuff.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #63
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re:A look at Peterson's production

    Marrdro wrote:
    [quote]marshallvike wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    I disagree, being the back up to the best back in the league should only help. Peterson wears on the defense. Not to mention CT was playing mostly in passing situations. There were a bunch of guys right around 100 carries that had higher ypc.
    You disagree that he is the best back when I said the second best?.....or do you mean that AD softens them up for CT?
    AD softens them up for CT. Running on pass situations should net a higher ypc than running on run situations. Fewer carries should also mean fresher legs.
    Look at Willis McGahee, Willie Parker, felix jones. Guys that were 2nd string and got a similar number of carries as CT and had much more success.
    I think CT could have 1,000yards this year, but I doubt he avereages more than 4ypc.
    He is not likely to avg over 4 ypc this year. that is not because of his ability, it is because the bears have one of the worst o-lines in the league. Cutler is not as bad as he looked last year either. that line is horrid.
    RT Kevin Shaffer James Marten
    RG Roberto Garza
    C Olin Kreutz
    LG Frank Omiyale Josh Beekman
    LT Chris Williams Lance Louis J'Marcus Webb

    Center. I don't think Olin is that bad.
    LT - I think Williams is a better fit at RT instead of LT because of his back issues.
    T - I liked what I read about Webb. Even though he was still available in the 7th, he might suprise some of us.

    My guess, they will find a mix in there that will give just enough protection for the QB as he start down the path of working in the Martz system.....

    .....which by the way, doesn't need much of an OL to work as it is predicated on alot of short, fast release type of throws mixed in with a little running and a little deep stuff.
    You really pulled some stuff from your sphincter in that post. The only thing you can bank on for sure is that Martz will be looking for a job after this year. He is a joke and the best thing that happened in the NFCN was the Bores hiring a guy to run the show that has made his career off of riding the coattails of others. Martz alone is all you need to know about the Bores and you know they are going nowhere soon.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  4. #64
    marshallvike's Avatar
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,473

    Re:A look at Peterson's production

    Marrdro wrote:
    [quote]marshallvike wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    I disagree, being the back up to the best back in the league should only help. Peterson wears on the defense. Not to mention CT was playing mostly in passing situations. There were a bunch of guys right around 100 carries that had higher ypc.
    You disagree that he is the best back when I said the second best?.....or do you mean that AD softens them up for CT?
    AD softens them up for CT. Running on pass situations should net a higher ypc than running on run situations. Fewer carries should also mean fresher legs.
    Look at Willis McGahee, Willie Parker, felix jones. Guys that were 2nd string and got a similar number of carries as CT and had much more success.
    I think CT could have 1,000yards this year, but I doubt he avereages more than 4ypc.
    He is not likely to avg over 4 ypc this year. that is not because of his ability, it is because the bears have one of the worst o-lines in the league. Cutler is not as bad as he looked last year either. that line is horrid.
    RT Kevin Shaffer James Marten
    RG Roberto Garza
    C Olin Kreutz
    LG Frank Omiyale Josh Beekman
    LT Chris Williams Lance Louis J'Marcus Webb

    Center. I don't think Olin is that bad.
    LT - I think Williams is a better fit at RT instead of LT because of his back issues.
    T - I liked what I read about Webb. Even though he was still available in the 7th, he might suprise some of us.

    My guess, they will find a mix in there that will give just enough protection for the QB as he start down the path of working in the Martz system.....

    .....which by the way, doesn't need much of an OL to work as it is predicated on alot of short, fast release type of throws mixed in with a little running and a little deep stuff.
    olin is not bad,and he has a nice mean streak, but he has been around a long while. he is not the player he once was.(do not say Birk).
    short arms williams is a better right than left. unfortunately for the bores, he's their left.
    webb is not likely to surprise us this year.
    I do agree Martz will get Jay to get rid of the ball quicker, relieving some pressure on the line, but, they are also weak in the WR dept forcing him to hold onto it longer than martzy wants him to.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

  5. #65
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re:A look at Peterson's production

    Marrdro wrote:
    [quote]marshallvike wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    I disagree, being the back up to the best back in the league should only help. Peterson wears on the defense. Not to mention CT was playing mostly in passing situations. There were a bunch of guys right around 100 carries that had higher ypc.
    You disagree that he is the best back when I said the second best?.....or do you mean that AD softens them up for CT?
    AD softens them up for CT. Running on pass situations should net a higher ypc than running on run situations. Fewer carries should also mean fresher legs.
    Look at Willis McGahee, Willie Parker, felix jones. Guys that were 2nd string and got a similar number of carries as CT and had much more success.
    I think CT could have 1,000yards this year, but I doubt he avereages more than 4ypc.
    He is not likely to avg over 4 ypc this year. that is not because of his ability, it is because the bears have one of the worst o-lines in the league. Cutler is not as bad as he looked last year either. that line is horrid.
    RT Kevin Shaffer James Marten
    RG Roberto Garza
    C Olin Kreutz
    LG Frank Omiyale Josh Beekman
    LT Chris Williams Lance Louis J'Marcus Webb

    Center. I don't think Olin is that bad.
    LT - I think Williams is a better fit at RT instead of LT because of his back issues.
    T - I liked what I read about Webb. Even though he was still available in the 7th, he might suprise some of us.

    My guess, they will find a mix in there that will give just enough protection for the QB as he start down the path of working in the Martz system.....

    .....which by the way, doesn't need much of an OL to work as it is predicated on alot of short, fast release type of throws mixed in with a little running and a little deep stuff.
    no offense, but that post is pure bs. Sure, maybe with a couple fixes, and the right people playing to potential, they could be decent. Same is true for any team. Fact is, they aren't. The biggest knock against Lovie Smith from Bears fans is his inability to use players properly and to their strengths. As well, a lack of adjustments. They insist on throwing deep balls to receivers better suited as slot guys (Hester), They don't fix their OL at all, and rely on it just suddenly working.

    Lovie's philosophy is "There's still alot of football left to play" meaning, lots of time to get it right, until week 17 rolls around and they're not in the playoffs, then its 'oh shit, maybe next year'.

    I don't expect much from Taylor at all, I expect he'll have less production than Forte did by far.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Similar Threads

  1. Peterson's gameplay
    By VikesFan787 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 11:39 AM
  2. Vikings need more production from TEs in '07
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 11:34 AM
  3. Air-Car Ready for Mass Production
    By COJOMAY in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 11:46 AM
  4. Vikes look for production from $100M line
    By cajunvike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2006, 05:35 PM
  5. Rookie Production
    By viks_fan21 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 11-19-2005, 08:24 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •