Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Re:A look at Peterson's production

jmcdon00 wrote:
    [quote]
    Marrdro wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    I disagree, being the back up to the best back in the league should only help. Peterson wears on the defense. Not to mention CT was playing mostly in passing situations. There were a bunch of guys right around 100 carries that had higher ypc.
    You disagree that he is the best back when I said the second best?.....or do you mean that AD softens them up for CT?
    AD softens them up for CT. Running on pass situations should net a higher ypc than running on run situations. Fewer carries should also mean fresher legs.
    Look at Willis McGahee, Willie Parker, felix jones. Guys that were 2nd string and got a similar number of carries as CT and had much more success.
    I think CT could have 1,000yards this year, but I doubt he avereages more than 4ypc.
    He is not likely to avg over 4 ypc this year. that is not because of his ability, it is because the bears have one of the worst o-lines in the league. Cutler is not as bad as he looked last year either. that line is horrid.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

marshallvike wrote:
    [quote]jmcdon00 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    I disagree, being the back up to the best back in the league should only help. Peterson wears on the defense. Not to mention CT was playing mostly in passing situations. There were a bunch of guys right around 100 carries that had higher ypc.
    You disagree that he is the best back when I said the second best?.....or do you mean that AD softens them up for CT?
    AD softens them up for CT. Running on pass situations should net a higher ypc than running on run situations. Fewer carries should also mean fresher legs.
    Look at Willis McGahee, Willie Parker, felix jones. Guys that were 2nd string and got a similar number of carries as CT and had much more success.
    I think CT could have 1,000yards this year, but I doubt he avereages more than 4ypc.
    He is not likely to avg over 4 ypc this year. that is not because of his ability, it is because the bears have one of the worst o-lines in the league. Cutler is not as bad as he looked last year either. that line is horrid.
    RT Kevin Shaffer James Marten
    RG Roberto Garza
    C Olin Kreutz
    LG Frank Omiyale Josh Beekman
    LT Chris Williams Lance Louis J'Marcus Webb

Center. I don't think Olin is that bad.
    LT - I think Williams is a better fit at RT instead of LT because of his back issues.
    T - I liked what I read about Webb. Even though he was still available in the 7th, he might suprise some of us.

My guess, they will find a mix in there that will give just enough protection for the QB as he start down the path of working in the Martz system.....

.....which by the way, doesn't need much of an OL to work as it is predicated on alot of short, fast release type of throws mixed in with a little running and a little deep stuff.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    [quote]marshallvike wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    RG Roberto Garza
    C Olin Kreutz

LT - I think Williams is a better fit at RT instead of LT because of his back issues.
    T - I liked what I read about Webb. Even though he was still available in the 7th, he might suprise some of us.

My guess, they will find a mix in there that will give just enough protection for the QB as he start down the path of working in the Martz system.....

.....which by the way, doesn't need much of an OL to work as it is predicated on alot of short, fast release type of throws mixed in with a little running and a little deep stuff.
    You really pulled some stuff from your sphincter in that post. The only thing you can bank on for sure is that Martz will be looking for a job after this year. He is a joke and the best thing that happened in the NFCN was the Bores hiring a guy to run the show that has made his career off of riding the coattails of others. Martz alone is all you need to know about the Bores and you know they are going nowhere soon.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Marrdro wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    RG Roberto Garza
    C Olin Kreutz

olin is not bad,and he has a nice mean streak, but he has been around a long while. he is not the player he once was.(do not say Birk).
    short arms williams is a better right than left. unfortunately for the bores, he's their left.
    webb is not likely to surprise us this year.
    I do agree Martz will get Jay to get rid of the ball quicker, relieving some pressure on the line, but, they are also weak in the WR dept forcing him to hold onto it longer than martzy wants him to.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    RG Roberto Garza
    C Olin Kreutz

no offense, but that post is pure bs. Sure, maybe with a couple fixes, and the right people playing to potential, they could be decent. Same is true for any team. Fact is, they aren't. The biggest knock against Lovie Smith from Bears fans is his inability to use players properly and to their strengths. As well, a lack of adjustments. They insist on throwing deep balls to receivers better suited as slot guys (Hester), They don't fix their OL at all, and rely on it just suddenly working.

Lovie's philosophy is "There's still alot of football left to play" meaning, lots of time to get it right, until week 17 rolls around and they're not in the playoffs, then its 'oh shit, maybe next year'.

I don't expect much from Taylor at all, I expect he'll have less production than Forte did by far.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567