Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: A Look at the Key Cogs in the Minnesota Vikings Coaching Staff

"C" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Our coaches suck slick willy

Only good one Leslie
    I feel like Leslie is a product of the system..
    Our defensive coach is a product of the system brought in by an "offensive guru"?
    It was instilled by Mike Tomlin though, who won a Superbowl...

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Only good one Leslie
    Our defensive coach is a product of the system brought in by an "offensive guru"?
    He's been two years removed.... and was only here for one year.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"C" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Only good one Leslie
    He's been two years removed.... and was only here for one year.
    And Mike Tomlin instilled the system (during his one year stay, that ended 2 years ago) in which Leslie thrives. I can see where Holland is coming from.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Only good one Leslie

Not like it's an exact copy

We brought him in because he wanted to run a simular D.. I can't blame him for that

He adjusts to our strengths.. He is our only coach who does that.. So I give him props

He mixes in man to man and blitzes well.. Tomlin actually did not.. he stuck with his cover 2 shell and we were dead last in passing yards the year he was here..

Frazier said fuck that and fixed that shit.. Mixed in good blitzes.. Played more man and bump n run.. And of course the addition of Allen helped alot.. But never the less thats a HUGE jump

"V4L" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Only good one Leslie

We brought him in because he wanted to run a simular D.. I can't blame him for that

He adjusts to our strengths.. He is our only coach who does that.. So I give him props

He mixes in man to man and blitzes well.. Tomlin actually did not.. he stuck with his cover 2 shell and we were dead last in passing yards the year he was here..

Frazier said fuck that and fixed that shit.. Mixed in good blitzes.. Played more man and bump n run.. And of course the addition of Allen helped alot.. But never the less thats a HUGE jump
    I think Leslie is a damn good d-coord but he was put in a good environment to succeed as well. I'd say he's good but not great, whereas Tomlin really took our defense to new heights and was indeed great imo.

Frazier said fuck that and fixed that shit
    He fixed the shit outta that shit...

V4L

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    [quote author=V4L link=topic=51890.msg950505#msg950505 date=1242936867]

Only good one Leslie

I think Leslie is a damn good d-coord but he was put in a good environment to succeed as well. I'd say he's good but not great, whereas Tomlin really took our defense to new heights and was indeed great imo.

[/quote]

Tomlin was put in basically the same situation then as well

Only other starter that Leslie took over was Allen right?

Nothing against Tomlin.. He seems to be a great guy and good leader.. But he has benifited from being put in great situations

Could be said about Leslie was well.. But im glad he is here.. he fits our mold and utilizes his talent well.. Definitley not a product of the system concidering they are different.. Although we still say we play mostly cover 2.. It is like 40 percent man

"V4L" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=Mr-holland link=topic=51890.msg950561#msg950561 date=1242940593]

Only good one Leslie

[/quote]

Nothing against Tomlin.. He seems to be a great guy and good leader.. But he has benifited from being put in great situations

Could be said about Leslie was well.. But im glad he is here.. he fits our mold and utilizes his talent well.. Definitley not a product of the system concidering they are different.. Although we still say we play mostly cover 2.. It is like 40 percent man
    [/quote]

Tomlin was there for our teams transition to the cover 2, Leslie took over the scheme that Tomlin installed, the cover 2. Tomlin inherited the players, sure, but he brought his own scheme. Leslie inherrieted the players and they were already adapted to the cover 2. Therefor what Tomlin did is more impressive imo...

V4L

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=51890.msg950562#msg950562 date=1242940687]
    [quote author=Mr-holland link=topic=51890.msg950561#msg950561 date=1242940593]

Only good one Leslie

[/quote]

[/quote]

Tomlin was there for our teams transition to the cover 2, Leslie took over the scheme that Tomlin installed, the cover 2. Tomlin inherited the players, sure, but he brought his own scheme. Leslie inherrieted the players and they were already adapted to the cover 2. Therefor what Tomlin did is more impressive imo...
    [/quote]

Can't argue

I just feel Frazier is just as good as Tomlin

Just because they ran simular schemes doesn't mean Fraz is a product of the system tho IMO

I feel he switched things up enough to think otherwise

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12