Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Longwell named "NFC Player Of The Week"

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Minnesota Vikings' Ryan Longwell kicking better than ever, and he credits golfer Tiger Woods

At age 34, a kicker isn't supposed to get stronger or more accurate.

But the Vikings' Ryan Longwell is enjoying one of his best seasons. There's more than one reason, but who could have expected Tiger Woods to play a role?

Longwell lives in the same community as Woods near Orlando, Fla. They sometimes work out in the same gym, and Longwell was inspired by Woods.

"He's already the best in the world, but he's trying to get better, so I kind of looked at that," Longwell said. "On top of that, because we are around each other, I get to see how hard he works."

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci...nclick_check=1
    I'm not sure he deserves it.
    I would have given it to ATL's Turner for 208 yards rushing.
    H emade 2 kicks. I guess they gave it to him for having to endure 3 time outs.
    Turner doesn't play special teams.

He was named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week.
    The thread title, as well as the title on the link provided are a little misleading.

rimjob_rob is offline Waterboy

And I pick up the Aberdeen American News this morning and the headlines read "Vikings Sign Mehlhaff." I was dumbfounded. I hope they don't plan on getting rid of Longwell. Taylor Mehlhaff is a hometown boy here, and it is sickening how much press he gets in the paper. If he somehow gets the kicking job for Minne, the headlines will be "Melhaff Kicks Vikings to Victory" and the body of the article will go on to say how he was two for two on extra points and one of two on fieldgoals...

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"rimjob_rob" wrote:
    And I pick up the Aberdeen American News this morning and the headlines read "Vikings Sign Mehlhaff." I was dumbfounded. I hope they don't plan on getting rid of Longwell. Taylor Mehlhaff is a hometown boy here, and it is sickening how much press he gets in the paper. If he somehow gets the kicking job for Minne, the headlines will be "Melhaff Kicks Vikings to Victory" and the body of the article will go on to say how he was two for two on extra points and one of two on fieldgoals...
    Don't worry he won't. Here is why.
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=49903.msg888588#msg888588

Here is the thread on it.
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=49892.0

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"rimjob_rob" wrote:
    Have never heard about him so I looked him up on the NFL scout profiles. Here's a small portion of what I found:
    While not used in this capacity at Wisconsin, he is a former prep quarterback with the arm strength to air the ball out with good accuracy on fakes and trick plays...Shows good speed and urgency getting downfield to help the kickoff coverage unit (nine career tackles)...Has the athletic ability to break down and tackle in space (former defensive back in high school)...Has the loose hips to recover when he's juked by a returner and is not afraid to stick his hat into the pile.
    Sweet!! I love versatile kickers. Nothing wrong with an 11th tackler on kickoffs.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Ryan is the shit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12