singersp is online now PPO Newshound

Longwell kicking better than ever, credits Tiger Woods

[size=12pt]Minnesota Vikings' Ryan Longwell kicking better than ever, and he credits golfer Tiger Woods[/size]

Longwell: Golfer has inspired me

By Rick Alonzo
    [email protected]

Posted: 12/31/2008 12:01:00 AM CST

At age 34, a kicker isn't supposed to get stronger or more accurate...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Longwell kicking better than ever, credits Tiger Woods

Longwell's kickoff average of 64.5 yards this season was his best since his rookie season in Green Bay in 1997.
    Great news! I hope he stays with us for a few more years. He still has a very strong leg.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"HEY" wrote:
    Longwell's kickoff average of 64.5 yards this season was his best since his rookie season in Green Bay in 1997.
    Great news! I hope he stays with us for a few more years. He still has a very strong leg.
    He's juicing......(JK
    ;D)

I like the move to bring in the new kid to KO and just let ole PUKER boy concentrate on FG's/PAT's.
    Wonder what roster spot will sacrifice a player for the extra special teamer though.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    He's juicing......(JK
    ;D)

I like the move to bring in the new kid to KO and just let ole PUKER boy concentrate on FG's/PAT's.
    Wonder what roster spot will sacrifice a player for the extra special teamer though.

I don't think he suits up yet Marrdro, Darious Reynald(sic) has a injury???? hmmmm. I would like to see more touchbacks, a 64.5 ave is great but his hang time is often well under 4 seconds and that is a problem for our coverage team.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleTide" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    He's juicing......(JK
    ;D)

I don't think he suits up yet Marrdro, Darious Reynald(sic) has a injury???? hmmmm. I would like to see more touchbacks, a 64.5 ave is great but his hang time is often well under 4 seconds and that is a problem for our coverage team.
    Sorry but you are absolutely incorrect. I have personally followed this and he is consistent with about a 5 second hang time.

Ferraro gave Longwell plenty of rest during the preseason in practices and games. The Vikings relied on Steven Hauschka to handle kickoff duties through much of the exhibition season before he was released and signed with Baltimore.
    Well looks like we know why we just signed another.

"HEY" wrote:
    Longwell also credits long-snapper Cullen Loeffler and punter Chris Kluwe, who holds on field goals. Now in their third season working together, they're part of the reason Longwell's 85.3 accuracy rate is his highest since 2004.
    Don't forget about this! LONGwell is god. He will be on this team for a long time. Plus he is signed until I think 2011.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"PurpleTide" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    He's juicing......(JK
    ;D)

Sorry, should have mentioned "next" years roster when I mentioned spots.

Of course I am in full mode when it comes to position breakdowns, needs etc.
    Didn't think we were gonna make the playoffs so I have been busy in that area.

By the way, I would kill to sit in on the meeting were the coaches let the FO pukes know what they need at each position and all the followup meetings were the FO pukes and Scouts run the possible candidates (pro/collegiate) up the flag pole to see who salutes.

Ole Bryz is gonna have to get alot busier...... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg