Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Loney Move = Cheap

Great, another O-line coach promoted. I really dont like the idea of us running the ball a lot more, which is what we might get with this guy.

Please let us get a new owner for the love of God! I am sick of having a recycled football team.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Mr. O is offline Starter

Loney Move = Cheap

How can you not like the idea of running the ball more? The passing game's great for the Dome, but winning outdoors takes a solid running game. Just look at the win over the packers, the running game clinched it for us.
    As for a new owner, we are all agreed on that one.
    A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears. - Woodrow Wyatt

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Loney Move = Cheap

Linehan really wasn't a very good coordinator. A heck of a development coach (He'd make and awesome Quarterbacks coach or line coach or wide receivers coach) but he couldn't call game worth crap.

I was disappointed with our Oline's play this past season but with Linehand out I'm mildly optomistic about returning to the dominant offense we can be. I remember not like the O'leary promotion in '03, but if there is one coach I'd like to have coaching out of the original tice Staff, it's him.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Loney Move = Cheap

We are a predominantly Pass team. Whenever we play pass first, the run opens up. When we run first, we struggle passing unless we play a really bad run D. I also agree that Linehan wasnt good, but I thought we would actually go out and grab somebody, not just recycle our staff.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Loney Move = Cheap

How can you say Linehan wasn't good, we were in the top 5 offensively in the NFL under him the whole time he was here! Come on!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Loney Move = Cheap

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    How can you say Linehan wasn't good, we were in the top 5 offensively in the NFL under him the whole time he was here! Come on!
    He was good at piling up the yardage, but not so good at punching the ball in for TDs in the Red Zone.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Loney Move = Cheap

It's not his fault that the players didn't execute correctly half the time!! I know the blame has to go somewhere, but I just feel like I have to defend him. Yeah, I guess we had a move the ball offense, but don't score as much as you should offense.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Loney Move = Cheap

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Because we were an 8/8 team and he didn't win the games he needed to with the exception of the last packer game. Look what happened in the Eagles game. we get the ball and Linehan starts calling for running the ball to beat the blitz. It works and we start driving down the field. The Eagles back off the blitz because they are getting beat and that opens up the passing game for PEP and we drive into the end zone for a touch down. That was the last time we saw Linehan try to establish the run in a drive. After that he just comes out throwing and putting in trick plays. And basically throws the game away. How good is a guy who doesn't recognize what is working and stays with it and works it? The only reason we were in the top 5 is because we were playing in the NFC conference. If we were an AFC team we would not be there against those defenses. I for one am glad to see him gone. Its really too bad we aren't interviewing for an experienced OC, but you know Reds football theory..."Rookies are cheaper".

WWBGD

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Loney Move = Cheap

i am not too upset about the recycled coach, however a little dissappointed with the vikes not trying to get someone from the outside. the vikes need an OC with a new perspective. yes, we were in the top 5 for the last few years but that was already a given... i think linehan stalled this offense on many redzone visits. and now with Miami, well, good luck--he doesn't have even a portion of the talent we already had when he showed up.

it would be nice to see more runs...your chances are better on non-art. turf fields.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Loney Move = Cheap

Holy cow, was that VikemanX84? Or did my eyes deceive me?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast