Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Purple D is offline Starter

Re: Logic Behind Starting T.Jack over Bollinger

WE are 2-5, if we are going anywhere, it is going to be with Jackson at the wheel of our purple pride mobile.
    That is the way it is, should be and will be.
    We put all of our eggs in one basket this year with making T-jack our starting QB and not getting a guy like Garcia and letting him learn one more year.
    I really believe Jackson could of used one more year to learn before they gave him the MAN label.
    So I will back Jackson, because I honestly think he is our best option and unless we have a great off season next year, he will be our best option next year also.
    Four score and seven years ago, Brad Childress has brought upon this team, a west coast offense, conceived in San Francisco, and Dedicated to be a Kick jiggly butt offence. We are now engaged in an NFL season, testing weather that offense can get going or that our defense can long endure.

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

Actually Marrdo, if Tarvaris thought Dallas' 3-4 was hard, SD's will truly give him nightmare. He could be seeing 56 in his dreams for a looong time.

That said, I still want to see Tarvaris start over Bollinger. I think Bollinger show'd Chilly the way to move the ball in this offense...which is what Childress is suppose to stress anyways, and that is quick passes. Tarvaris, at the moment, is still too dumb to read defenses and inaccurate to hit those timely passes- but that's what this game and the rest of the season is meant to do, help him improve.

Start Jackson...if he struggles REAL BAD, then send in Bollinger. What do you have to lose? They can always make up an injury excuse to save Tarvaris' balls if needed anyways.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Purplemania" wrote:
    Actually Marrdo, if Tarvaris thought Dallas' 3-4 was hard, SD's will truly give him nightmare. He could be seeing 56 in his dreams for a looong time.

That said, I still want to see Tarvaris start over Bollinger. I think Bollinger show'd Chilly the way to move the ball in this offense...which is what Childress is suppose to stress anyways, and that is quick passes. Tarvaris, at the moment, is still too dumb to read defenses and inaccurate to hit those timely passes- but that's what this game and the rest of the season is meant to do, help him improve.

Start Jackson...if he struggles REAL BAD, then send in Bollinger. What do you have to lose? They can always make up an injury excuse to save Tarvaris' balls if needed anyways.
    He hasn't been playing as well as some think.
    He only has 36 tackles (tied for 109th) and 5.5 (11th) sacks this year.

Seems the juice is wearing off a bit IMHO.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

If TJ is fully fit and ready to this week then play him, but if there is any doubt about him being able to function fully as the starting QB - including whether his finger will stop him throwing properly - then Bollinger should get the nod. The last thing we need is TJ's confidence shot due to his inability to be able to play properly and so get hammered all game long.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

Hes the worst QB in the NFL, he'll have all sorts of excuses...people will praise him if he completes 9 passes like he was a stud....problem is hes the best option

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    Hes the worst QB in the NFL, he'll have all sorts of excuses...people will praise him if he completes 9 passes like he was a stud....problem is hes the best option
    if he completes 10 i'm buying a number 7 jersey

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

You mean 10 to the right team correct???

I see the flashes with TJack but I am still not all together sold on him as the saviour.
    I believe that we have got to throw the ball deep 3-4 times per half or this game is over.
    I like Bollinger and Holcomb as they seem to have a better command of all the reads in the offense.

It seems like TJack locks up on a receiver before the play or during the play and cannot come off that read.

Whatever we do from now on out we need to fully acess who or what we have at QB for next year as our season is effectively done at this point.

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

T-Jack is rated a bunch of points higher than LOLlinger on Madden. I say we go with T-Jack.

Childress has a first class mess on his hands at QB right now.

If Bud Grant were still coaching this team, TJack would probably have been on the bench this whole year,learning the offense. Grant knew not to rush in a QB before he was ready because
    you do not want to ruin the kid's confidence before he was ready. That is smart coaching.

TJack is simply not ready for the NFL yet and I think his confidence is just about shot right now. Plus he has an injured finger on his throwing hand, he has the coaches yelling at him, Bobby Wade is yelling at him and the fans are starting to boo him, too.

At this point it really doesn't matter who you put out there - the decision to go with TJack and Bollinger as our top two QB's was completely stupid and we are stuck with it as the season goes down the tubes.

I guess if putting TJack out there gives us the best chance to get a top 5 pick in next year's draft, I am all for it. What we need to do is see what we want to do with the 3 QB's we have for next year. I think we need to draft a QB in the first round and then pick up a veteran either through free agency or trade as well, then make the decision to keep either TJack or Bollinger (probably TJack) and let the other two go.

If Childress does not significantly upgrade at QB next year......it will be his last one coaching this team.
    "SHOOT EM JIMMY!!"

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Put it this way:

- Tarvaris right now has a 45 % completion rate in a "west coast offense" that emphasizes short passes. This is just not acceptable in the NFL (period.). If you are QB for the Raiders, who throw deep every other play, a 45 % completion rate might be acceptable, but not on a team that is running short routes. It just is not acceptable. Tarvaris is by far the NFL starting QB the farthest from being a starting QB in the NFL. (Maybe we should call him "Tar-Farthest"). No NFL scouts thought Tarvaris could cut it in the NFL, and I am beginning to think that they were all right.

- At the same time, to be honest, I have to say, the Bears game, Tarvaris looked o.k. when he was just handing off to AP and then doing play action off that. I think the solution is right in front of Childress, but for whatever reason, he refuses to execute it. The solution is to simplify the offense and just run AP and then run play action off that. It works ! But hey, Chilly would rather prove his "concept" than win games, obviously.
    : It is all "about the long term".
    :

- What I am trying to say is, whether T-Jacks will work out or not really depends on the scheme: - If we continue to try to run the "west coast offense" with a QB who has less than a 50 % completion rate, we are DONE. However, IF we use the obvious strengths of our offense (AP), and run the ball 30 times and only throw off play action, Tarvaris might work out .

- Bollinger has a 97 QB rating right now. I just want to mention that that is about twice what Jackson's QB rating is right now, and better than Favre. I personally like Bollinger's mechanics and how he zips the ball in.

And yes, we maybe can wait 3 years for Tarvaris to "develop". I personally think that is ridiculous in the modern NFL. Might have worked in 1982. Not now. In the modern NFL, you win now, or else, forget it.

Bottom line: There are few or no NFL teams who would do what we are doing: install a I-AA QB, and then continue to start him "no matter what", even after he proves extremely mediocre, and has only a 47 QB rating. Almost no NFL organizations would accept the explanation Childress is giving for this whole thing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast