Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57
  1. #21
    shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    727

    Re: Local press continues "hate" of Vikings

    That was a funny a$$ link, that was very creative


    Thanks PurpleMafia

  2. #22
    Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    362

    Re: Local press continues "hate" of Vikings

    "BigMoInAZ" wrote:
    "Big C" wrote:
    I agree that the hating gets old. But I do agree with the article about the organization mishandling the Culpepper situation. I don't know if my judgement is biased because I like Culpepper, but I think they seriously screwed up here.
    Believe me you are not alone in this regard. Sitting here listening to the KFAN as I browse the forums and in every show this morning, at one point, the host and guest finally criticize the poor mismanagement of this problem and how it's left an ugly picture of inability by the new regime to keep things under wraps.

    My take, "Not again?" When will this futility in leadership end? The legacy has continued further with yet another BLACK EYE! I could list all the misdeeds, but it would take another page. I just wanted you to know, that there are some die-hard lifelong fans of the Vikings who feel as adamantly about this as you do!
    I don't understand why anyone would think that this has been mishandled by the front office??

    Who has been the one involved in the sex scandal, and now pulling the race card to try and get off the hook?

    Who has been the one screaming for more money?

    Who has been the one not following the requests of his employer?

    I have backed C-Pep all the way, but enough is enough. It is not mgmts fault...it is Dauntes.


    sig courtesy of PPE

  3. #23
    BigMoInAZ's Avatar
    BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    446

    Re: Local press continues "hate" of Vikings

    It's just as much mgmts fault in this regard! Daunte isn't without fault, but be realistic, this new TOA has shot itself in the foot in regards to handling this problem! JM2CW

    Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

  4. #24
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Local press continues "hate" of Vikings

    "Hawgski" wrote:
    "BigMoInAZ" wrote:
    "Big C" wrote:
    I agree that the hating gets old. But I do agree with the article about the organization mishandling the Culpepper situation. I don't know if my judgement is biased because I like Culpepper, but I think they seriously screwed up here.
    Believe me you are not alone in this regard. Sitting here listening to the KFAN as I browse the forums and in every show this morning, at one point, the host and guest finally criticize the poor mismanagement of this problem and how it's left an ugly picture of inability by the new regime to keep things under wraps.

    My take, "Not again?" When will this futility in leadership end? The legacy has continued further with yet another BLACK EYE! I could list all the misdeeds, but it would take another page. I just wanted you to know, that there are some die-hard lifelong fans of the Vikings who feel as adamantly about this as you do!

    I don't understand why anyone would think that this has been mishandled by the front office??

    Who has been the one involved in the sex scandal, and now pulling the race card to try and get off the hook?

    Who has been the one screaming for more money?

    Who has been the one not following the requests of his employer?

    I have backed C-Pep all the way, but enough is enough. It is not mgmts fault...it is Dauntes
    .
    exactly!..wilf also said that he planned on paying peps roster bonus, and keeping him..now daunte turns around and says "trade me where i want to go, or else cut me"..so i dont think that this falls on management in ANY WAY AT ALL..nobody in the vikings organization ever said we were shopping daunte in the first place..it was all speculation from numerous media outputs..if daunte doesnt want to be in minnesota, then kick him the helllllll out..put him on the new york jets, so the media can have him begging and crying to get back to minnesota!
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  5. #25
    BigMoInAZ's Avatar
    BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    446

    Re: Local press continues "hate" of Vikings

    One reason for the wall of silence is that, when it eventually becomes time to release information, the organization will speak with "one voice."

    The problem, however, is that Culpepper has been hearing more voices than a rock star in detox.

    "You're our guy, Daunte."

    "Never say never."

    "We're not trading you."

    "When the phone rings, you answer it."

    Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

  6. #26
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Local press continues "hate" of Vikings

    Like I said if Daunte is hearing voices they have medicines for that now.

    This came off another board:

    I am writing you as I do not like the way my employer is treating me. I am at home and haven't worked in 6 months as I have a knee injury. I have been receiving regular monthly checks and my medical benefits covered everything. The company I work for just upgraded their system with new computers and operating system. I also have a new manager and CEO. Now they want me to actually come in and familiarize myself with the new OS and hardware. On top of that, they would like me to personally meet my new manager, and the new CEO. Are telephones and emails not sufficient? I mean hello I was employee of the month twice in 2004!


    At the end of the day the guy is an employee of the Vikings. Boo hoo I was tweated poorly, like I said earlier the guy gets many millions of dollars to play a game. Now he is crying because they shopped him around?

    That's what you do! You get shopped around! Most athletes say something along the lines of "It's buisiness." Not Daunte though the mean old administration the triangle of doom has betrayed him. Damn them for wanting to pay him 6 million dollars he shouldn't get, damn them for trying to improve their team.

  7. #27
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Local press continues "hate" of Vikings

    I saw the title of this thread and have avoided it all morning, but I am glad I fianlly took a look at it.

    I found it rather amusing.

    I actually thought it said "Wilf is no angel," but it actually is "angle."

    And I really liked this line.......

    "When the phone rings, you answer it."

    Man, I do have to agree with the one voice thing not working with the DC situation.

    This free agency push back and CBA has really left our cheese in the wind on all accounts.

  8. #28
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Local press continues "hate" of Vikings

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    Like I said if Daunte is hearing voices they have medicines for that now.

    This came off another board:

    I am writing you as I do not like the way my employer is treating me. I am at home and haven't worked in 6 months as I have a knee injury. I have been receiving regular monthly checks and my medical benefits covered everything. The company I work for just upgraded their system with new computers and operating system. I also have a new manager and CEO. Now they want me to actually come in and familiarize myself with the new OS and hardware. On top of that, they would like me to personally meet my new manager, and the new CEO. Are telephones and emails not sufficient? I mean hello I was employee of the month twice in 2004!


    At the end of the day the guy is an employee of the Vikings. Boo hoo I was tweated poorly, like I said earlier the guy gets many millions of dollars to play a game. Now he is crying because they shopped him around?

    That's what you do! You get shopped around! Most athletes say something along the lines of "It's buisiness." Not Daunte though the mean old administration the triangle of doom has betrayed him. gol 'darnit them for wanting to pay him 6 million dollars he shouldn't get, gol 'darnit them for trying to improve their team.
    You did not find that on another sight, com'on. It totally pertains though!

    Daunte could be playing an angle or all 3 or 4 for that matter. I don't think he is that big of a baby!!

    I wonder which one of our Angles is the most obtuse?

  9. #29
    Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    362

    Re: Local press continues "hate" of Vikings

    "BigMoInAZ" wrote:
    One reason for the wall of silence is that, when it eventually becomes time to release information, the organization will speak with "one voice."

    The problem, however, is that Culpepper has been hearing more voices than a rock star in detox.

    "You're our guy, Daunte."

    "Never say never."

    "We're not trading you."

    "When the phone rings, you answer it."
    These are statements from the EMPLOYER...THE BOSS. They told him he was the guy, but at the same time, if someone wants to make an offer, you have to listen.

    How much more assurance does this "child" need? He was told he was going to be paid his roster bonus and that they would go forward with him as "the man".

    They ask him to be at scheduled meetings....he doesn't show.

    They ask him to rehab with "the company" trainers...he doesn't.

    He wields the sword created by the media to use as leverage with no representation.

    I'll tell ya something, if he was one of my employees (even one of my top producers), I would unload him so fast for constantly questioning my authority!!!!


    sig courtesy of PPE

  10. #30
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Local press continues "hate" of Vikings

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    Like I said if Daunte is hearing voices they have medicines for that now.

    This came off another board:

    I am writing you as I do not like the way my employer is treating me. I am at home and haven't worked in 6 months as I have a knee injury. I have been receiving regular monthly checks and my medical benefits covered everything. The company I work for just upgraded their system with new computers and operating system. I also have a new manager and CEO. Now they want me to actually come in and familiarize myself with the new OS and hardware. On top of that, they would like me to personally meet my new manager, and the new CEO. Are telephones and emails not sufficient? I mean hello I was employee of the month twice in 2004!

    At the end of the day the guy is an employee of the Vikings. Boo hoo I was tweated poorly, like I said earlier the guy gets many millions of dollars to play a game. Now he is crying because they shopped him around?

    That's what you do! You get shopped around! Most athletes say something along the lines of "It's buisiness." Not Daunte though the mean old administration the triangle of doom has betrayed him. gol 'darnit them for wanting to pay him 6 million dollars he shouldn't get, gol 'darnit them for trying to improve their team.
    You did not find that on another sight, com'on. It totally pertains though!

    Daunte could be playing an angle or all 3 or 4 for that matter. I don't think he is that big of a baby!!

    I wonder which one of our Angles is the most obtuse?
    Only the red is from another site. I figured the line between what he said and what I said was clear. Where the good spelling and humor ends and the poor grammar and bullshit starts is where I wrote LOL! :grin:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings/Lions Local Connections
    By Webby in forum Gameday Previews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2007, 10:38 AM
  2. Quarterback Carousel Continues With Vikings
    By tgorsegner in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-02-2007, 04:53 PM
  3. Vikings: Predraft cat-and-mouse game continues
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-15-2006, 07:24 AM
  4. Why does local press HATE Vikes
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-23-2005, 06:55 PM
  5. Vikings VS Steelers on CBS....Local Map shows where....
    By NordicNed in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-17-2005, 06:29 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •