Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Local press continues "hate" of Vikings

See how this article starts out? The press is mad at the silence from the Vikings organization so they make up stuff to make the Vikes look bad when in reality they don't have a clue what happened. It is beginning to pee me off so bad...

[size=18px]Vikings fumble truth in running off Culpepper[/size]
    TOM POWERS - St. Paul Pioneer Press

The Vikings' vaunted Triangle of Authority — otherwise known individually as Speak no Evil, Speak no Evil, Speak no Evil — has had one primary task this winter: resolve the Daunte Culpepper situation. (ONE task? Seem to be they had almost more than they could handle and Culpepper wasn't at the top of the list I'm sure - my comment)

Wednesday, the matter spun completely out of control when the ligamentally challenged quarterback asked to be traded far away from Minnesota. The Isosceles Boys are off to a rough start.

Burrowed deep in their bunker at Winter Park and operating under a strict code of radio silence, the new guys are under orders to maintain an information blackout. They all were hired with the understanding that each would be an Anti-Tice.

In other words, anyone not on the Zygi Wilf payroll has absolutely no right to any information regarding the team, the players, the strategy or the future. The only exception is that all Wilf employees are allowed to gush over the "crown jewel" of sports complexes being proposed for Blaine.

One reason for the wall of silence is that, when it eventually becomes time to release information, the organization will speak with "one voice."

The problem, however, is that Culpepper has been hearing more voices than a rock star in detox.

"You're our guy, Daunte."

"Never say never."

"We're not trading you."

"When the phone rings, you answer it."

Apparently, Culpepper was convinced the Vikings wanted him back in 2006. According to Culpepper, Wilf convinced him of that by telling him the Vikings were not trying to move him. And Culpepper, surprisingly naive for somebody who has been in the business for so long, believed him.

As it turns out, Culpepper was being offered around so openly and to so many teams that I thought the Triangle of Authority was going to put him on eBay. Oddly, Wilf isn't even one of the angles on the triangle. He would make a fourth, which technically makes it, say, a Square of Solidarity.

All this talk about triangles is inaccurate, anyway. It's more of a Circle of Trust ("I'm watching you!"), as illustrated in the movies "Meet the Parents" and "Meet the Fockers."

In any event, the Vikings' Circle of Trust collapsed when it came to Culpepper, who clearly was furious to find out he nearly was booked as an on-sale item on the Home Shopping Network. So on Wednesday, he asked out of Minnesota.

Does Culpepper deserve to have his contract renegotiated? No. Does he deserve to have his job guaranteed? No. Does he deserve to be lied to? Nobody deserves that.

I'm sure Wilf and everyone else in the Circle of Trust would deny lying, insisting it's all a matter of semantics. Of course, they don't comment on such internal affairs. Remember, it's nobody's business. That's where the wall of silence comes in.

They should have taken their own advice and allowed just one voice to talk to Culpepper. Instead, they messed up big time by sending conflicting messages. The Triangle of Authority, or Circle of Trust, or Rectangle of Rubes — whatever you want to call it — was compromised.

I know there is a large contingent of Vikings fans that would just as soon see Culpepper play somewhere else anyway. But everyone has to realize that when an athlete asks to be traded, his value immediately drops. Knowing that the player is unhappy, and that the team likely has no choice but to trade or release him, other general managers will make lowball offers.

Don't worry, the Circle will reinflate. It can be effective in certain matters. For example, Angle No. 1, Brad Childress (Fran Foley is Angle No. 2, and Rob Brzezinski is Angle No. 3) very thoroughly and systematically got rid of every assistant coach, the trainer and even secretaries from the previous regime. That's because we're going in a new direction. It's a new day dawning over the newly erected bunkers at Winter Park.

Based on the handling of the Culpepper situation, that day is mostly cloudy and dank.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Del Rio Guest

Re: Local press continues "hate" of Vikings

This is posted somewhere, I don't remember where though.

I agree with you and that is exactly what I saw when I read it. Ever since the organization said they were going to be tight lipped the press has had bitter overtones towards the organization and the big wigs in specific.

I am glad that someone else got that feeling when they read the story.

I imagine if Daunte does get let go or traded, Wilf will take some serious shots from the media. Mostly out of anger because he has removed them from the loop.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Who cares. It was on OK article.

Nothing really that we didn't aleady know.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

Man this hatin' gets old (-_-)
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

They will continue to do it no matter what the current "State of the Purple" is. That is what the media does, try to drag you down.

As long as there is turmoil and they remain tight lipped the media will be against them.

sig courtesy of PPE

Big C is offline Coordinator

I agree that the hating gets old. But I do agree with the article about the organization mishandling the Culpepper situation. I don't know if my judgement is biased because I like Culpepper, but I think they seriously screwed up here.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"Del Rio" wrote:
    This is posted somewhere, I don't remember where though.

I agree with you and that is exactly what I saw when I read it. Ever since the organization said they were going to be tight lipped the press has had bitter overtones towards the organization and the big wigs in specific.

I am glad that someone else got that feeling when they read the story.

I imagine if Daunte does get let go or traded, Wilf will take some serious shots from the media. Mostly out of anger because he has removed them from the loop.
    I posted it in the original trade me thread.

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Sorry for the double post DCPologirl. I didn't read through 30 pages to see it! LOL
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Big C" wrote:
    I agree that the hating gets old. But I do agree with the article about the organization mishandling the Culpepper situation. I don't know if my judgement is biased because I like Culpepper, but I think they seriously screwed up here.

Sorry Big C it was Daunte that screwed up, he has handled everything as badly as he could since his injury! I do not blame the Vikings, why should they invest 8 million this year on somebody that has not shown them that he wants to be part of the team. Daunte has only been talking about himself, not about how he wants to be part of the new organization. And then he is upset when the club turns down doubling his pay when nobody is sure he well ever play as well, or when he will be able to play! Nobodies fault but Daunte's!

At this time Daunte reminds me of T-HO, maybe that is why Childress as had enough of him!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

The press are nothing more than a bunch of slapnuts.. They are just pissed that Tice gave them every ounce of info that they could handle, and now they are being shut out. I like it this way better than when Meathead was here. I would rather the Vikings stay quiet, that way no other team knows their game plan. I mean, if the Vikings were to say, yes we are going full force after Drew Brees in fa, then every other team that has an interest in Brees will step it up a notch. The press can go screw themselves, if they don't like it, move to another state and hassle some other team. Hey, I heard the Jaguars Asst Coach talks alot, maybe you can get some stories from him..

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast