Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Loadholt playing RT in OTAs.

    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Purple_Jesus" wrote:
    What the hell?

    Why isn't Herrera at guard?
    Probbly 2 reasons they want to see what Herrera can do at Center, since it said he can play the position, and the fact that a Center moving to Guard and not center moving to tackle is a much easier transition.
    Hmmmm

    McKinnie
    Hutch
    Herrara
    Hicks
    Load

    I could live with that... I think I like it better than what we all assumed.

    Mckinnie
    Hutch
    Sully
    Herrera
    Load
    Herrera isn't participating in OTAs.
    That is why he isn't at RG.
    I highly doubt that he would move to center.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #12
    gamecocksbaseball31's Avatar
    gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Loadholt playing RT in OTAs.

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Purple_Jesus" wrote:
    What the hell?

    Why isn't Herrera at guard?
    Probbly 2 reasons they want to see what Herrera can do at Center, since it said he can play the position, and the fact that a Center moving to Guard and not center moving to tackle is a much easier transition.
    Hmmmm

    McKinnie
    Hutch
    Herrara
    Hicks
    Load

    I could live with that... I think I like it better than what we all assumed.

    Mckinnie
    Hutch
    Sully
    Herrera
    Load
    Herrera isn't participating in OTAs.
    That is why he isn't at RG.
    I highly doubt that he would move to center.
    Same here.
    He would only move there in the case of an emergency.

  3. #13
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,231

    Re: Loadholt playing RT in OTAs.

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Purple_Jesus" wrote:
    What the hell?

    Why isn't Herrera at guard?
    Probbly 2 reasons they want to see what Herrera can do at Center, since it said he can play the position, and the fact that a Center moving to Guard and not center moving to tackle is a much easier transition.
    Hmmmm

    McKinnie
    Hutch
    Herrara
    Hicks
    Load

    I could live with that... I think I like it better than what we all assumed.

    Mckinnie
    Hutch
    Sully
    Herrera
    Load
    Herrera isn't participating in OTAs.
    That is why he isn't at RG.
    I highly doubt that he would move to center.
    Oh, I assumed from what was being said he was seeing time at centre. Although I think at some point he will. I also think he first line I posted would be a good option if Sully doesn't pan out.

    I agree about the move being doubtful though, I don't know if you should waste a promising young guard by moving him to centre.

  4. #14
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    969

    Re: Loadholt playing RT in OTAs.

    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Purple_Jesus" wrote:
    What the hell?

    Why isn't Herrera at guard?
    Probbly 2 reasons they want to see what Herrera can do at Center, since it said he can play the position, and the fact that a Center moving to Guard and not center moving to tackle is a much easier transition.
    Hmmmm

    McKinnie
    Hutch
    Herrara
    Hicks
    Load

    I could live with that... I think I like it better than what we all assumed.

    Mckinnie
    Hutch
    Sully
    Herrera
    Load
    You want 3 guys in new positions including 1 rookie on our O Line?
    You do realize there's only 5 guys on the O Line right?
    That's 60% change...
    ummm...
    Why mess with what works?
    Herrera has been solid at RG, leave well enough alone... Cook and Sully compete for C, Hicks and Load compete for RT.
    Theoretically, if the veterans beat the youngsters, we could be starting 5 guys who all started for us last year.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

  5. #15
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,231

    Re: Loadholt playing RT in OTAs.

    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Purple_Jesus" wrote:
    What the hell?

    Why isn't Herrera at guard?
    Probbly 2 reasons they want to see what Herrera can do at Center, since it said he can play the position, and the fact that a Center moving to Guard and not center moving to tackle is a much easier transition.
    Hmmmm

    McKinnie
    Hutch
    Herrara
    Hicks
    Load

    I could live with that... I think I like it better than what we all assumed.

    Mckinnie
    Hutch
    Sully
    Herrera
    Load
    You want 3 guys in new positions including 1 rookie on our O Line?
    You do realize there's only 5 guys on the O Line right?
    That's 60% change...
    ummm...
    Why mess with what works?
    Herrera has been solid at RG, leave well enough alone... Cook and Sully compete for C, Hicks and Load compete for RT.
    Theoretically, if the veterans beat the youngsters, we could be starting 5 guys who all started for us last year.
    When do we trade for Birk?

    I don't want 3 new starters, I assume we're going to have 2 though, and one more really wouldn't bother me. Our O-line is less than stellar in pass protection, there is always room for improvement.

    We didn't draft Loadholt to sit on the bench, and Sully is leading the race for the starting role a centre. That's a 40% turnover regardless!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. OTAs, Minicamp and Training Camp Schedules
    By marstc09 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 02:49 PM
  2. Final days of OTAs
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 09:39 PM
  3. Vikings - Another week, more OTAs
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 10:29 PM
  4. Players 'set tempo' at OTAs
    By cogitans in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-27-2007, 04:46 AM
  5. OTAs continue for Vikings
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 11:25 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •