Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicNed View Post
    What?????????? Do you need glasses now? Load strung Watts from one side of the field to the other. It was the Texans middle linebacker who raised havok on that play. He split our RTG and Center, rushed free up the gut, our FB blew his block and he then put Ponder in scramble mode, yes, ponder scrambled right into the path where Load had blocked Watts all the way across the front line. Actually if you watch, Load drove watts fromone side field hash mark to the opposite one. What more could one want from him? Load can't see behind him... It was the free running rush of the Middle Linbacker and the missed block by our FB that gave up that sack. Not LOAD.... As you would say, You better re-watch and learn how to diagnose a play, for what it really is, and not be so quick to blame what it may look like to those who don't break down the play for what it truly was.. ..
    Loadholt gave the defender a shove and he continued on his way in pursuit of Ponder. That's the direction he WANTS TO GO. If you want to say Loadholt drove him right towards Ponder. I'm OK with that. The goal is to push the defender away from the QB, not towards him. Loadholt is #71. That's Rudolph #82 on the outside blocking the defender away from Ponder.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Loadholdt - Is it time to go, OR........................

So as long as we are discussing the OL, did anyone happen to watch our two previous OL that were thrown under the bus here taking their team to the AFCCG over Denver? Looks to me like we certainly could have gotten a few more good years out of McKinney and Birk and spent those draft picks on the secondary and WR's.

(Credit, Rob Carr/Getty Images)
    They say that pro football is a young man’s game. Once you hit the 30 year mark, teams are looking for your replacement. But once in a while, you meet the exception to that rule. Matt Birk is one of those exceptions. He’s finishing up his 15th season as a starter and is still considered one of the better Center’s in the game today. With the changes in the offensive line throughout the season due to injury and free agency, it is a good thing for Baltimore that Birk is still around. He provides instant stability for the offensive line.

Before Birk became an NFL star, he was a student at Harvard University. Not known for their athletics, Birk attended Harvard to obtain a degree in Economics. He would receive this degree in 1998 before declaring for the NFL Draft. The consensus around the league is that the best centers are usually the smartest. The Minnesota Vikings believed this to be the case and decided to draft him in the 6th round of the draft. As a Viking, Birk didn’t get the starting job until 2000. Of course, that was the year where he was named to his first Pro Bowl. With Birk at the Center, Minnesota possessed the best offensive line in the NFL. He made it hard for defenders to get to Daunte Culpepper back when he was tossing long balls to future Hall of Famer Randy Moss.

Birk would have great success with the Vikings organization. Overall, he would attain over six Pro Bowl selections. However in 2009, Birk would take his talents to the Inner Harbor where he would sign a three-year contract with the Baltimore Ravens. Since then, he has helped keep Flacco clean and pave the way for Ray Rice on gameday. With a young corps at the offensive side of the ball, Baltimore needs Birk to provide leadership on and off the field. He has done this at a considerably high level. Look no further than his recent nomination for the 2013 Bart Starr Award. The award is given to an NFL player who shows outstanding character and leadership in the home, on the field and in the community.

The Ravens understand how much Birk means to their team. No one knows that more than Joe Flacco.

“[Matt Birk] is definitely valuable,” said Flacco. “Me and him are in constant communication and making sure that we see the things the same way so that I know when I have to get the ball out of my hands, I know when I am going to be protected. But, the communication that he has and the way he has to filter it throughout the guard and the tackles, that’s very important. I guess the importance is to have a guy that can do all that quickly and get it to everybody, relay it to them very quickly so that we can kind of run at a high pace.”

Matt Birk certainly has the skill to do just that. And with his 15th season slowly coming to a close, it wouldn’t surprise anyone if he played for at least one more. With the stability he has given to a banged up offensive line, he remains one of the more valuable assets in the Ravens locker room.
    Last edited by Purple Floyd; 01-13-2013 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    So as long as we are discussing the OL, did anyone happen to watch our two previous OL that were thrown under the bus here taking their team to the AFCCG over Denver? Looks to me like we certainly could have gotten a few more good years out of McKinney and Birk and spent those draft picks on the secondary and WR's.

(Credit, Rob Carr/Getty Images)
    They say that pro football is a young man’s game. Once you hit the 30 year mark, teams are looking for your replacement. But once in a while, you meet the exception to that rule. Matt Birk is one of those exceptions. He’s finishing up his 15th season as a starter and is still considered one of the better Center’s in the game today. With the changes in the offensive line throughout the season due to injury and free agency, it is a good thing for Baltimore that Birk is still around. He provides instant stability for the offensive line.

Before Birk became an NFL star, he was a student at Harvard University. Not known for their athletics, Birk attended Harvard to obtain a degree in Economics. He would receive this degree in 1998 before declaring for the NFL Draft. The consensus around the league is that the best centers are usually the smartest. The Minnesota Vikings believed this to be the case and decided to draft him in the 6th round of the draft. As a Viking, Birk didn’t get the starting job until 2000. Of course, that was the year where he was named to his first Pro Bowl. With Birk at the Center, Minnesota possessed the best offensive line in the NFL. He made it hard for defenders to get to Daunte Culpepper back when he was tossing long balls to future Hall of Famer Randy Moss.

Birk would have great success with the Vikings organization. Overall, he would attain over six Pro Bowl selections. However in 2009, Birk would take his talents to the Inner Harbor where he would sign a three-year contract with the Baltimore Ravens. Since then, he has helped keep Flacco clean and pave the way for Ray Rice on gameday. With a young corps at the offensive side of the ball, Baltimore needs Birk to provide leadership on and off the field. He has done this at a considerably high level. Look no further than his recent nomination for the 2013 Bart Starr Award. The award is given to an NFL player who shows outstanding character and leadership in the home, on the field and in the community.

The Ravens understand how much Birk means to their team. No one knows that more than Joe Flacco.

“[Matt Birk] is definitely valuable,” said Flacco. “Me and him are in constant communication and making sure that we see the things the same way so that I know when I have to get the ball out of my hands, I know when I am going to be protected. But, the communication that he has and the way he has to filter it throughout the guard and the tackles, that’s very important. I guess the importance is to have a guy that can do all that quickly and get it to everybody, relay it to them very quickly so that we can kind of run at a high pace.”

Matt Birk certainly has the skill to do just that. And with his 15th season slowly coming to a close, it wouldn’t surprise anyone if he played for at least one more. With the stability he has given to a banged up offensive line, he remains one of the more valuable assets in the Ravens locker room.
    I hated to see Matty B go. He left because of Childress. There where some here that bashed on him constantly like (won't mention his name but his initial is M) but I think many of us liked him and still was one of the top centers in the league.

McKinney on the other hand was a different story. Good run blocker, mediocre pass blocker & was all about the money & IMO lacked the attitude & desire to play football the way it should be played. Not sure if he is any different now, but I'm still glad he isn't here. I don't think we make the playoffs with him at LT.

Blog Entries
    The Ravens did. That pick could have gotten another player who would have made a difference in another position.

The Ravens did. That pick could have gotten another player who would have made a difference in another position.
    If we had kept McKinnie we would have probably been in the position to take Luck or RGIII in the draft.

Blog Entries

McKinney is better than Johnson was.the Ravens have better coaches.

McKinney is better than Johnson was.the Ravens have better coaches.
    McKinnie was a fat pig when he rolled into TC in 2011.

The Ravens may have better coaches, but had we kept his lard ass, our coaches, not the Ravens coaches, would have first had to get him into shape & then try to get him to play at a high level.

Vikings cut Bryant McKinnie for being chronic fat-ass [UPDATE] - Minneapolis - News - The Blotter
    Last edited by singersp; 01-13-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Blog Entries

Like I said. They have better coaches that know how to get him to perform .They could probably get Loadholt to play at a higher level too.

smegmavike is online now Coordinator
    Like I said. They have better coaches that know how to get him to perform .They could probably get Loadholt to play at a higher level too.
    McKinnie complained about not getting to play enough earlier in the season. Harbaugh told him to practice better and he would play more.
    Must have worked.
    Vikings,Frazier, couldn't motivate him and gave up on him.
    Birk was run off by Marty, not Childress !
    He also ran off Farwell who will be playing for Seattle today.
    Marty has been trying to run off Winfield for a couple of years now.
    Next it will probably be KW and JA.

Blog Entries
    Yeah we need to put a tighter leash on that Marty character.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast