Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    This is where I make my departure from my long held stance on the OL being the problem that needs to be fixed. I have seen the line develop to the point that I now feel with a decent WR added to our roster to compliment Harvin and Wright and a step up in play from the QB through either Ponder developing or being replaced by a better one that the line will prove to be as good as we need it to be. Next year they will be better than they were this year and another year together for the fairly young group will make them that much better. This is the first time for probably nearly 8 years or more where I feel we are actually OK going into next year with the group we have. Sure, if we can snag a player that can upgrade the unit we should do it for sure. But we are now at the point we no longer need to think about using high draft picks on the unit to improve it and can focus on areas like LB, DB and DL instead.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    This is where I make my departure from my long held stance on the OL being the problem that needs to be fixed. I have seen the line develop to the point that I now feel with a decent WR added to our roster to compliment Harvin and Wright and a step up in play from the QB through either Ponder developing or being replaced by a better one that the line will prove to be as good as we need it to be. Next year they will be better than they were this year and another year together for the fairly young group will make them that much better. This is the first time for probably nearly 8 years or more where I feel we are actually OK going into next year with the group we have. Sure, if we can snag a player that can upgrade the unit we should do it for sure. But we are now at the point we no longer need to think about using high draft picks on the unit to improve it and can focus on areas like LB, DB and DL instead.
    I agree with an earlier post somewhere on here, we should pick up a quality free agent WR and draft a receiver in the first. We also have other needs, but WR is our biggest need. A draft pick will not perform like a seasoned veteran, but will progress well if all the attention is not on him.
    I however fear that next year we may take a small step backwards. It may be because the schedule looks much tougher next year or maybe it is the result of being a lifelong Viking fan. In any case I am hyped about our long term success.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    My biggest 5 wants for next year are:

MLB
    CB
    WR
    QB depth

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Personally I like Loadholt. The thing to take into consideration is that he was playing in a contract year, so how will his "stats" look next year? Hopefully they wouldn't get worse, but if he gets a multi year deal will he slack a bit? I don't know.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Now your going to try mixing the development of a staring RT over the development of a backup QB. WOW

Marrdro only plays the young and still learning card when talking about old players and young players of the same position. LOL

Steve on the other hand is getting desperate to find something to hack on Marrdro about. Don't worry, still love ya old friend.

Besides, I don't think that Load is playing as bad as most on here contend. I think that his issues, what little there are, are magnified by the young RG playing next to him. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Not desperate at all. A young player is still a young player no matter how old a player we may have on the roster playing the same position. The card you're playing is the double-standard card.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

No, his title did change, but he can counter Leslie if they differ on a player. If he and the Chiller differed it went to the other leg of the triad and if that didn't fix it, then the Wilfs would vote.

In essence, the only thing thats changed is Rick now breaks all tie breakers between he and the coaches.

One point in all that is the Chiller did not have the final say as Tark contends. That resided with the 3rd leg of the triad or the Wilfs.
    LOL! The Wilf's weren't even part of the TOA.

he Vikings have consistently referred to their management style for the draft and free agency as the Triangle of Authority a business term that, if illustrated, looks like a Ponzi scheme and, for the most part, is inaccurate in its definition. The triangle is said to be composed of three equal points Spielman, Childress and V.P. of football operations Rob Brzezinski.
    Scout.com: Vikings

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    LOL! The Wilf's weren't even part of the TOA.

Scout.com: Vikings
    \
    I like it when you laugh at me for something you completely misunderstood......I never said they were.....one more time for possible penetration.....

First time I said it.....
    If he and the Chiller differed it went to the other leg of the triad and if that didn't fix it, then the Wilfs would vote.
    Second version, same post, just to make sure it wasn't missed.....

That resided with the 3rd leg of the triad or the Wilfs.
    And yet, you still missed it. You been hanging with Ibleed?

If the triad couldn't agree, the Wilfs settled the argument. That fell into place after the Folley/Chiller/Studwell shouting match when they screwed up the draft by taking Cook and Griff sooner than they needed to.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Not desperate at all. A young player is still a young player no matter how old a player we may have on the roster playing the same position. The card you're playing is the double-standard card.
    I fight the double standard, I don't support it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    " Truth is, the line is better, mespecially at run blocking "

The m my fat fingers accidently hit, must have triggered some of that Marrdro vision, my old friend !

They are a good run blocking team. Loadholdt, Charlie Johnson, and especially Fusco need to improve their pass blocking.

I thought that's what my post said.
    No worries old friend. I know how that Marrdro Vision thing can hamper ones attempt at logic. It kills me all the time.

If the triad couldn't agree, the Wilfs settled the argument. That fell into place after the Folley/Chiller/Studwell shouting match when they screwed up the draft by taking Cook and Griff sooner than they needed to.
    How could it have fell into play there, unless you're now claiming the Wilf's settled the draft argument & made the decision to draft Cook & Griffin?

You've always maintained that Foley, not Studwell, Chiller or the Wilf's "screwed the pooch" on that draft.

In order for that to have happened, the Wilf's settled nothing except firing him after the fact.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast