Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I watched some plays on Loadholdt and please show me one time that guy fires off the ball. If defensive guy swere smart they would just run around him. If we keep him we are going to have to have a RB or TE chip the DE or he will be giving up sacks all day. I say they should give him a weight requirement, he needs to get down to about 335 -340. he is listed at 343 but you would have to be a moron to believe that cat is 343, I am guessing 375.
    Agree that he could slim down, but seriously, how fast do you think a cat like him is going to fire off the ball?

I for one think the OL really came together this year. Were they the best? Far from it, but the were far from the worst as well. Lets see what happens next year if we can keep them together. Again, some of the RG issues affected his play. Not knowing what the RG next to you is going to do can sometimes slow you down as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

He has overseen those drafts but he didn't have the last say in who we drafted, did he? What about the triangle of authority? I think he has the responsibility or the credit for draft classes now. If they are good he will get the credit if they are bad he will get the blame, I think that is good for the team.
    Lets not get this to far off the truth again. The Chiller did not run the drafts. Speilman did. Just like Spielman ran the scouts who went out and found the right talent to meet what type of player the coaches wanted.

What the Chiller did, much like Leslie can do and I'm sure he does) is watch the tape presented by Ricky and the crew and rack and stack the players according to who they wanted over the other candidates.

Again, the Chiller did not run the drafts.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Agree that he could slim down, but seriously, how fast do you think a cat like him is going to fire off the ball?

I for one think the OL really came together this year. Were they the best? Far from it, but the were far from the worst as well. Lets see what happens next year if we can keep them together. Again, some of the RG issues affected his play. Not knowing what the RG next to you is going to do can sometimes slow you down as well.
    When a tackle moves as slowly as Loadholdt, it doesn't matter what the guard next to you does.
    Truth is, the line is better, mespecially at run blocking. But Fusco is a slug just like Loadholdt when it comes to pass blocking, and often whiffs and doesn't even touch his man. Similar to Loadholdt, only worse.
    Charlie Johnson isn't as bad as Fusco, but also gets beat a fair amount in pass blocking.
    Schwartz is not an upgrade either.
    The guards are a liability that have really prevented any significant pocket passing threat from the Vikings.
    Better ? Yes. But could be a lot better.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    He has overseen those drafts but he didn't have the last say in who we drafted, did he? What about the triangle of authority? I think he has the responsibility or the credit for draft classes now. If they are good he will get the credit if they are bad he will get the blame, I think that is good for the team.
    We can't say for sure whether he did or not. In all honesty, IMO the only thing that really changed in Spielmans move to the GM position was his official title. He now can be singled out to blame or to praise because of that title.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Load is still young, too young to give up on at this point. If he fails to get more consistent within the next year he should go the way of McKinnie. He's a speciman, but maybe too immobile to keep up with smaller, faster defensive linemen.
    Bingo, give that man a "I have a clue" cigar.
    Loadholt has been here for 4 years. Webb 3. What was it you were or weren't saying about Webb that you've been saying about all our other young players?

The guy will still be a terrible pass blocker in his 6 year & Marrdro will still be claiming he's still young & learning & still blaming the RG instead, who BTW apparently isn't still young & learning in Marrdro's eye's.

You see Marrdo only plays the young & still learning card on those few select players he likes.
    Last edited by singersp; 01-09-2013 at 06:22 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post

When a tackle moves as slowly as Loadholdt, it doesn't matter what the guard next to you does.
    Truth is, the line is better, mespecially at run blocking. But Fusco is a slug just like Loadholdt when it comes to pass blocking, and often whiffs and doesn't even touch his man. Similar to Loadholdt, only worse.
    Charlie Johnson isn't as bad as Fusco, but also gets beat a fair amount in pass blocking.
    The guards are a liability that have really prevented any significant pocket passing threat from the Vikings.
    I can tell you without a doubt that more yards were gained by Peterson over Loadholt/Fusco/Schwartz than over Kalil and it isn't even close. If you really watched footage you would see all of the OL downfield blocking at the second and third levels to make many of those big runs possible.

And this coming from a guy who has not been a fan of the OL for a long time .

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Loadholt has been here for 4 years. Webb 3. What was it you were or weren't saying about Webb that you've been saying about all our other young players?

The guy will still be a terrible pass blocker in his 6 year & Marrdro will still be claiming he's still young & learning & still blaming the RG instead, who BTW apparently isn't still young & learning in Marrdro's eye's.

You see Marrdo only plays the young & still learning card on those few select players he likes.
    Now your going to try mixing the development of a staring RT over the development of a backup QB. WOW

Marrdro only plays the young and still learning card when talking about old players and young players of the same position. LOL

Steve on the other hand is getting desperate to find something to hack on Marrdro about. Don't worry, still love ya old friend.

Besides, I don't think that Load is playing as bad as most on here contend. I think that his issues, what little there are, are magnified by the young RG playing next to him. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Wow, according to you our OL sucks at run blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    We can't say for sure whether he did or not. In all honesty, IMO the only thing that really changed in Spielmans move to the GM position was his official title. He now can be singled out to blame or to praise because of that title.
    No, his title did change, but he can counter Leslie if they differ on a player. If he and the Chiller differed it went to the other leg of the triad and if that didn't fix it, then the Wilfs would vote.

In essence, the only thing thats changed is Rick now breaks all tie breakers between he and the coaches.

One point in all that is the Chiller did not have the final say as Tark contends. That resided with the 3rd leg of the triad or the Wilfs.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Wow, according to you our OL sucks at run blocking.
    " Truth is, the line is better, mespecially at run blocking "

The m my fat fingers accidently hit, must have triggered some of that Marrdro vision, my old friend !

They are a good run blocking team. Loadholdt, Charlie Johnson, and especially Fusco need to improve their pass blocking.

I thought that's what my post said.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast