Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Why are you so down on Spielman, let's look at his only draft as GM.
    That wasn't his only draft as GM. He was a GM in Miami before coming here & he has overseen every Vikings draft since 2006 after Foley got fired.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicNed View Post
    Against the Texans, Load played a All Pro level game, no penaltys and man handled anyone put in front of him that game, yes, even Watts, Load was tossing him around so bad, the texans moved him away from Load.
    You'd better re-watch the JJ Watt sack fumble play & watch what Loadholdt did or failed to do on that play. The particular play should be what loads, but if not it can be picked on the right.

Watch Minnesota Vikings vs. Houston Texans [12/23/2012] - NFL.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    You realize that Loadholt has played in the league 4 years already haven't you? At what point do you stop blaming stupid penalties & mediocre pass blocking skills on him being young & still learning? Year 8? 10?

Look, everyone knows about how good his run blocking is for AD including myself, but that's only part of his job. I liked McKinnie's run blocking too, the one thing he was good at, but that's where it ends.

Sorry Marr, we need a RT that can run block & pass block quite well, not one that can only run block.

Your stat may only show 5 false starts, which I think is light, but it doesn't show all of his penalties including all the personal fouls including...

That's just two games. There were two more in recent weeks alone that I can think of. In year he shouldn't be committing stupid penalties, let alone year 4.
    Now your on Load. Who's next?

My point on his penalties was that it isn't as bad as most on here think and he isn't as bad as alot of them out there. Mix in his familiarization with his other teammates (you want consistency on the OL), improved play by the G next to him and you don't need to go out and get rid of his ass.

Truth of the matter is, you might make the RT position better, or you might just make it worse. I'm for letting him stay, stabilize the RG position and then see how things wash out.

Besides, when we fix our WR issues, our OL won't be required to pass block for hours while one of our "Receivers" tries to get open. Fix that area and the QB will become comfortable with the routes his targets are running and he will start to throw the ball to spots instead of just waiting for someone to open. That alone will help guys like Load do their job better.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Load is still young, too young to give up on at this point. If he fails to get more consistent within the next year he should go the way of McKinnie. He's a speciman, but maybe too immobile to keep up with smaller, faster defensive linemen.
    Bingo, give that man a "I have a clue" cigar.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    That wasn't his only draft as GM. He was a GM in Miami before coming here & he has overseen every Vikings draft since 2006 after Foley got fired.
    He has overseen those drafts but he didn't have the last say in who we drafted, did he? What about the triangle of authority? I think he has the responsibility or the credit for draft classes now. If they are good he will get the credit if they are bad he will get the blame, I think that is good for the team.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I watched some plays on Loadholdt and please show me one time that guy fires off the ball. If defensive guy swere smart they would just run around him. If we keep him we are going to have to have a RB or TE chip the DE or he will be giving up sacks all day. I say they should give him a weight requirement, he needs to get down to about 335 -340. he is listed at 343 but you would have to be a moron to believe that cat is 343, I am guessing 375.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by purplehelmut View Post
    Load is still young, too young to give up on at this point. If he fails to get more consistent within the next year he should go the way of McKinnie. He's a speciman, but maybe too immobile to keep up with smaller, faster defensive linemen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    The problem with this is that he's a unrestricted free agent. If you want his service next year you will need to outbid the rest of the league which likely involves multiple years with much of it guaranteed. I would try to put lots of incentives into the contract, workout bonuses and a weight clause that allows the Vikings to get out of the deal if he shows up overweight.

Ranger is offline Coach
    You can't have everything you want. Everybody wants a Peyton Manning, but guys like him don't grow on trees. Load is a great run blocker and an average pass blocker. We could do far worse. How many right tackles are brilliant run AND pass blockers? Very few, because they become left tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    You can't have everything you want. Everybody wants a Peyton Manning, but guys like him don't grow on trees. Load is a great run blocker and an average pass blocker. We could do far worse. How many right tackles are brilliant run AND pass blockers? Very few, because they become left tackles.
    Top shelf my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    The problem with this is that he's a unrestricted free agent. If you want his service next year you will need to outbid the rest of the league which likely involves multiple years with much of it guaranteed. I would try to put lots of incentives into the contract, workout bonuses and a weight clause that allows the Vikings to get out of the deal if he shows up overweight.
    Good point, however, as you pointed out, his services will be sought after, regardless of what most fans on here think of him.

The Vikes better be ready to pony up.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast