Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Loadholdt - Is it time to go, OR........................

So probably like most members of this site, I too am tired of the false starts, holding calls, and stupid personal fouls being committed by Loadholdt. With that said, he is part of the line that just contributed to one of the greatest rushing seasons ever by AP.

Rather than completely giving up on the guy, would the Vikes be better off to do the same thing they did with Charlie Johnson….. Move Loadholdt over to become a behemoth right guard, then set their sights on filing the right tackle position via free agency or the draft.

This would provide them with flexibility in case of line injuries in the future and put him closer to the ball, thus eliminating the false starts.
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Love this. Fusco is the weak link on the line anyways. How about Sebastian Vollmer at RT?

Kalil - Johnson - Sullivan - Loadholt - Vollmer

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    5 False Starts, 2 holding. Bounce that against other T's and see how he stacks up.

Football | NFL | Player Stats - Phil Loadholt - Minnesota Vikings - washingtonpost.com

I for one will keep old Load. He's still a very young T that will continue to get better after we solidify the G spot next to him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Love this. Fusco is the weak link on the line anyways. How about Sebastian Vollmer at RT?

1/1 for false starts and holding.....5.5 on sacks vs Loads 4.5. Is that really an upgrade?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

That surprises me. Thanks for the stat line. I guess the mind remembers only what we want to remember! That said, he seems to have trouble getting himself set quickly enough to prevent edge players from burning him. I wonder with his lack of footspeed, if he might still be better inside. He is huge and could move piles for those tough short yardage situations. Again....just a thought
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikefanman2000 View Post
    That surprises me. Thanks for the stat line. I guess the mind remembers only what we want to remember! That said, he seems to have trouble getting himself set quickly enough to prevent edge players from burning him. I wonder with his lack of footspeed, if he might still be better inside. He is huge and could move piles for those tough short yardage situations. Again....just a thought
    He has had a few of late, but early on in the season our OL was one of the best (had the least) when it came to penalties.

It wasn't until they started rotating Fusco and Schwartz that the stuff started to happen on that side.

Consistency with the guy playing next to you is so darn important on OL play and rotating them is the worst thing you can do IMHO.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Before you throw Loadholt and Fusco over the bridge, go back and look at AP's biggest runs and notice where they happened. He got more yards over RG and RT than over the LG and LT.Yeah, LH got flustered during the GB game but he sprung him on some darn fine runs and has even been going downfield laying blocks on the second level. And I am no stranger to criticizing the line in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Before you throw Loadholt and Fusco over the bridge, go back and look at AP's biggest runs and notice where they happened. He got more yards over RG and RT than over the LG and LT.Yeah, LH got flustered during the GB game but he sprung him on some darn fine runs and has even been going downfield laying blocks on the second level. And I am no stranger to criticizing the line in the past.
    I hope your not thinking I'm doing anything of the sorts? He does great on the right side of the ball even though off left T he is .01 higher than of right T.

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2012 OFFENSIVE LINES

To tell the truth, the OL has played pretty good this year even though I think they still struggle a bit switching from a run to a passing play......
    Advanced NFL Stats - Offensive Line Statistics

Edit.....I think Load brings a bit of Nasty to the OL that we really need.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post

Why are you so down on Spielman, let's look at his only draft as GM.

1st round - Matt Kalil - Starter- Played very well for a first year player andshould be around for the next decade. Very good pick IMO

1st round - Harrison Smith - Great Safety - Starter-In the running for ROTY.

3rd Round - Josh Robinson - Good CB - Plays Nickel- A nickel in today's NFL is a starter IMO.

4th Round - Jarius Wright - Good WR - Starter in the slot with PH out

4th Round - Greg Childs - Good WR - Before being hurt, he was tearing it up and many thought we had found our #1 wr.

4th Round - Rhett Ellison - TE - Solid contributor on O

5th Round - Robert Blanton - S - Looked good before being hurt could be an answer at Safety.

6th Round - Blair Walsh - K- All Pro - Nuff said

7th Round Audie Cole - ILB - Great instincts and loved him in the preseason. May be the future at MLB.

7th Round - Trevor Guyton - DE - not much to say, didn't pan out, that happens inteh 7th round.

We got three starters and one pro bowler out of this draft. Four if you include Robinson, who may start next year, as he looks to be progressing nicely. Five if PH leaves and Jarius Wright takes over the slot. You have Blanton and Cole who have been doing nicely on the practice squad and I am wondering what more do you want out of a draft?

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    5 False Starts, 2 holding. Bounce that against other T's and see how he stacks up.

Football | NFL | Player Stats - Phil Loadholt - Minnesota Vikings - washingtonpost.com

I for one will keep old Load. He's still a very young T that will continue to get better after we solidify the G spot next to him.
    I have been torn between letting him go and keeping him. If we keep him do we move him inside, that depends on the draft and FA. I am really high on Warmack, if we get him he would have to stay at Rt. Do we find another RT in FA or stick with him. If we stick with him then Musgrave must gameplan under the assumption fast guys like Clay Matthews are going to burn him. So you need a TE/RB to chip them and drive them inside to Load. Once he gets his mitts on him its lights out, they just get enveloped by the big guy. But Musgrave must help him because cats like Mathews and Ware will blow right by him if he stays out there.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast